“Receptionist AKI was RUDE! No delegation of work!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Plaza Hotel

Grand Plaza Hotel
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Manila, Philippines
“Receptionist AKI was RUDE! No delegation of work!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

I was emailing the hotel. I didn't get a reply until 2 days after. I wrote again for some questions but got an answer 2 days after again. Since my flight will be arriving at 4am - I asked Ester if I should call their hotel to arrange for a pick-up or they will just send someone over (no need for me to call) - she said that I won't need to call anymore and that someone will come pick us up (the person will hold a banner with my name).

When we got to the airport there was no person holding up my name! I had to call them and was answered by a girl named AKI - she was really rude! I wasn't even finished talking - she cut me off!! I was furious! So when I got to the hotel lobby - I told her in a very sweet voice 'It's not nice that you cut off a person while she's still talking!' She said that she did that because she had to call the driver! WHAT A PATHETIC reason! I told her that she could have just told me to wait a sec or something! Right? I realized that maybe Ester (the manager) forgot to inform the necessary people - so that morning when I asked to speak to her - I asked her why we weren't picked up - she said that she failed to mention it and that she was sorry. I told her I emailed her and waited for a reply! She said she was unable to reply because her office was being renovated. I don't think that's a good enough reason!!

The room we were given was indeed a partial ocean view room. It was quite old but manageable. The hallway was without air-conditioning - it was HOT!! the aircon in the room was not centralized thus - we had to manually turn on the AC. it was cold and sufficient.

AKI told me that we have free internet access in the business center. it's open from 9-5pm. but when I went to the business center - it was closed!! I had to ask their admin office to open it for me! BUT this is the funny part! The staff forgot which key to use! Thus it took about 15-20 minutes before the business center was opened.

We decided to look for a new hotel - because this hotel was a crappy. The service was really bad!! When we wanted to check out - they wanted to charge us for another day's stay?! My mom was furious!! Good thing the receptionist was reasonable enough and gave in to our request.

overall - well, i was really disappointed with the hotel. I was hoping it was budget friendly and the rooms are nice - well. I was wrong! It was indeed budget friendly. The location was just about perfect -the problem was the staff named AKI was rude. That blew everything for me!!

I WON'T STAY HERE or recommend this hotel to anyone!!

THE HOTEL'S LOCATION IS JUST PERFECT - they should improve to get more guests!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service, quality of the rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank candishhh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumon
Guam Plaza Hotel
#4 of 20 in Tumon
Verona Resort & Spa
Verona Resort & Spa
#13 of 20 in Tumon

Been to Grand Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Plaza Hotel

Property: Grand Plaza Hotel
Address: 1024 San Vitores Rd, Tumon, Guam 96911 , Mariana Islands
Location: Mariana Islands > Guam > Tumon
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool
#10 Spa Hotel in Tumon
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Grand Plaza Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Grand Plaza Tumon