“Its location saved it from getting 0 star”

Tumon Bay Capital Hotel
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Tumon Bay Capital Hotel is located just a couple of minutes away by foot, from the Duty Free Shop and the Plaza. Nothing can beat the location. EXCEPT that it was filthy, cockroach-infested, and employs very rude and lukewarm (at best) staff. We killed a total of maybe five big, recognizable cockroaches and three tiny ones. I thought I killed a millipede, but it ended up walking away until my husband actually killed it. It was on the bathroom floor. Freaked the hell out of me. (Sorry to animal pro-lifers.)

There was hair on the blanket and a big stain on the duvet. It really grossed me out.

About the rude staff. They never greet you a good morning or hello. One time, we got there and there was no one at the desk. We waited for just a few seconds, and this guy appeared when he heard someone whistling (which wasn't us) and he said to me and my husband "You whistle when you call people?" And it wasn't even us. How rude was he? I will NEVER EVER stay in this hotel again. The staff needs to be re-trained. Remodel the whole hotel, and PLEASE call an exterminator!!!! We stayed in 503 and 504 for 6 nights. From Feb. 17 to 23.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I saw a cockroach in a hotel room for the first time in my life here, and I have stayed in a lot of hotels. The bathrooms were old and worn. The closet door was almost falling off. The mattress was uneven and uncomfortable. There is a waterfall in the lobby that is dry and old. My strong impression is that the owner is just milking it for profits and not spending any money on repairs or upkeep. The location is okay so I suppose the people will keep staying there. If you stay there, you should realize you are paying for the location and not much else.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We reached Capital Hotel in unpleasant mood.

I did request for one way airport pick up via email with one of the hotel staff. Once we exit the baggage claim, we ask for help from the friendly staff at airport information counter to call Capital for the pick-up arrangement. End up we had to take airport taxi, as hotel staff told us no vehicle available during that time. This is an unacceptable excuse, as we had confirmed our flight time few days before we left our home country. No single sorry and apology while we check in after this incident.

I have to say Capital Hotel is a very good value of hotel at Tumon Bay. Walking distance to DFS Galleria and main road, Pale San Vitores Road; you can make use of the free DFS shuttle bus to get around. All the rooms are facing sea view, and come with balcony; you can have unblocked sunset and night view from your room. Big and spacious room with 2 big beds, old style furniture with old television, empty fridge, and aged bathroom.

Tumon sure comes with other choice of hotel, but the price range is far higher than Capital Hotel. If budget is an issue, this is your choice.

Room Tip: Higher floor room comes with better view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LQuen
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Tumon Bay Capital hotel has a good location near water park Tarza. Hotel has an excelent view from balcony to bay. Lifts are in the hotel. Rooms are large with balcony. Rooms were clean and service is good. But stuff on desk were terrible. First night I thought about him "many beers" and first day about her "do not disturb".

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The first day has a little bit unsatisfied experience as the bad service of the front desk, but overall is good.
Although the lobby is old but it has good night and day view, I think the other hotels that near the beach has a wonderful day view, but they have no night view. In Capital Hotel, you can see a wonderful night view.
The room is big and clean.Every room has a balcony, you can have a wide range of view and you can see the parking area just in front of the hotel, very safety and convenient.
It also has a swimming pool and the TV is new. You just walk around five minus to the main street.
The staff is nice especially the woman who cooked the breakfast to us for the first 3 day. I miss her so much.
I will choose it when I go to Guam again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Although this hotel isn't expensive, I recommend looking for something different. Our room had mediocre air conditioning and they didn't clean it at all during our stay. The rooms are not nice and the shower did not drain AT ALL. I just felt like the hotel was pretty dirty overall. I wouldn't recommend staying here. Look for something else, seriously.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The low $$ I payed resulted in a room with dilapidated furnishings, surfaces, and hardware; smoky smells; springy, yet oddly hard-cornered mattresses; and a view of the backs of buildings with a view of the water.

The booking site said US$10 shuttle from airport, a phone call from the reservation desk said $15 and a hassle; but the $30 taxi I easily picked up from the airport would have been better spent towards a different hotel--with an airport shuttle.

This hotel would be perfect for the budget traveler that has free transportation to/from the hotel, regularly sleeps on different surface types, smokes, and doesn't care about the decor.

The staff was friendly!

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumon
Guam Reef & Olive Spa Resort
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam
Hyatt Regency Guam
Hyatt Regency Guam
#4 of 20 in Tumon

Been to Tumon Bay Capital Hotel? Share your experiences!