“Affordable and convenient”

Royal Orchid Guam Hotel
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I booked here with a package that comes with a car and it's worth the deal. The room is just the right size for us four and the hotel is clean. One thing that i love is the location. It's near to the tourist site and Jamaican Grill is just on the other side of the building, a walking distance.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Royal Orchid Guam Hotel

Reviewed November 21, 2013

stayed there for an extended weekend traveling from Seoul. the hotel was priced reasonable compared to other ones nearby.
rooms where ok, staff where friendly.
the K-mart is not too far. however you need to walk a little bit to make it to the happening area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Aziz S
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Reading the reviews below made me scared of booking with this hotel but went on ahead. But honestly, from my experience, It was not bad at all. arranged for an airport pick up at 5:30 am went out of the immigration and somebody was there. arrived at the hotel, the FILIPINO staff were helpful and approachable. the floor didn't smell MOLDY at all! stayed at the 6th floor (standard superior) had a partial beach view but i have no complaints because I loved my room, very spacious with free bottled water to complete toiletries. one of the reviews I've read that were true was the WIFI connection was so poor. constantly get disconnected, got tired of reconnecting over and over again so I gave up and wasnt able to use the internet for the duration of my stay there. I even can't connect on the lobby. Got really scared when someone next door banged on their wall. walls must be thin because you can hear people talk. Met a few weird staff which I hope not to see again next time I visit the hotel.
I also love the location and shuttle/trolley buses stop is right infront of the hotel.
I would definitely come back and recommend this hotel if they improve their wifi access.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Apsunday
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed there for three nights. I've never had bad experience before.
First day, we complained smell of the room which is moldy like mushroom smell. A hotel staff came to put a air sanitizer, but it worked only 10 minute.
Second day, it had bad storm in Guam. Our sea view room got wet on the carpet. Water was leaking from a window frame. We complained 3 times, finally we changed the room.
Third night, an air conditioner didn't work, two main elevator didn't work, a phone kept ringing for nothing and a siren was suddenly on at 3 am.
We won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank PukekoJapan
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed in 7th floor seaview room, it was raining, my room was terribly flooded with water flowing in from balcony. The whole carpet came out, like a water bed! Staff didn't know what to do (or didn't do anything). Finally got to change room after 2 strong complaints!

Want to see how bad was the flooding?

Water leakage inside bathroom, complaints, reception staff said they will inform engineering department to fix it, but nothing was done after 2 nights! So, the whole bathroom floor was wet all the time. Bathtub was half filled with water in the morning.

I will never stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank VigiTam
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I live on Saipan (130 miles north of Guam) and frequently travel to Guam for work. This trip was on short notice during peak season. Because my preferred hotels were booked, I decided to try the Royal Orchid. I will NOT stay here again.

When traveling for work, internet access is crucial. Over the telephone, the reservation agent assured me that all the rooms had wireless access. What she should have said is that each floor shares a wireless network and IF other people on your floor are not online, you MIGHT be able to get enough signal to check your email at a maddeningly turtle-like pace. I talked with the front desk staff. Although everyone was very polite, they could not offer me an ethernet cable (no connection in the rooms) and their only suggestion was to work in the lobby where the signal is stronger.

Moreover, the rooms were dilapidated (stained carpet, cracked paint, musty smell) and lacked many items expected in a hotel room -- i.e., hand towels, wash cloths, tissues. Plus, I moved my suitcase out of the closet due to ants.

Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I also stayed on the "Executive Floor". My company chose this hotel. What this hotel reminds me of is the one in California that I stayed at on a business trip. It is purely an investment scheme.

It is all lipstick and rouge. The problems we had expressed to the management never was rectified although they said it did. Rooms are what you would have expected at a mediocre hotel in Florida or Hawaii. However for cheaper price, I stayed at a cleaner, less moldy comfortable room in Hawaii. The staff "tries" but if not given something to be proud of there is a point that the service seems really terrible and they look like liars by protecting the establishment. Hopefully management will look at this and NOT LIE to their customers saying they fixed the numerous problems (one was no hot water, although a sign says to keep the shower on for minutes and minutes until it gets hot...it never does). pay more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank annabelleBlow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumon
Guam Plaza Hotel
Bayview Hotel Guam
#12 of 20 in Tumon
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Oceanview Hotel & Residences

Been to Royal Orchid Guam Hotel? Share your experiences!