All reviews water park shopping district pool towels family vacation deluxe room micronesia mall hotel lobby tumon beach superstore outback toothpaste ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2018

First of all, the location is perfect where you have easy access to Tumon beach and all the shopping malls.

Rooms were clean and spacious with a balcony.
And of course, they have a swimming pool that I wish was a little bigger.
Their gym is clean and pretty large but also wish it had more machines.

You also have free access to the Water Park located right next to the resort. May not be the Water Park you imagine of, but plenty of fun there.

Overall, it is a nice place to stay considering the location and the price.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

The location of this hotel in Central Tumon is perfect. Walking distance to shops, restaurants, and beach. Our stay included tickets to Tarza Waterpark, directly behind the hotel. We would not have paid for this if not included.
The room was quite comfortable, great bed, pillows, and nice linens. Our original room was on the 8th floor facing some construction. There was no problem changing our room. Clean and quiet on the 7th floor facing the pool. Rooms seem to have been updated.
WiFi was spotty, pool was a bit green, had to go to front desk to get pool towels. The grounds around the pool could use some work.
Staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GPRS_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Guam Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Hafa Adai (Greetings!) Yes, all our guest who book a room with us receive a free pass for each family member to Tarza Water Theme Park! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you here with us again. Thank you for your review and feedback!

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Great location but room is old. No beach but it’s in the heart of tumon. Very kind staff just need better rooms price was good. I would recommend. JP store is in the same building even McDonalds so late dinner early breakfast it very convenient.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

Hafa Adai (Greetings!) We are always looking for ways to improve our guests stay with us from newly renovated rooms to free Tarza Water Theme Park passes for our hotel guests. We thank you for your review and feedback. We take every feedback into careful consideration. Hope to see you hear again!

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Dear Manager:

I would like to express my thanks and appreciation for the service and care I received at Grand Plaza Hotel Guam from June 19th 2018 to June 20th 2018. I stayed in Guam for the first time and it was perfect. Your staff did not disappoint me, and the female at the front desk was a delight .

Every staff member with whom I came in contact was attentive and kind including housekeeping and room service. I have already decided to return to Grand Plaza Hotel for my next vacation, which will be next year.

Had a wonderful 1-day vacation, and I have recommended your Hotel to all of my colleagues, friends and family. Thank you again for such outstanding service.

Richard McColister

Copy to Corporate Office

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Hafa Adai (Greetings!) Richard,

It brings us great pleasure to hear you have had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. We treat every guest like family. We look forward to seeing a truly valued guest like you again. Thank you for your kind words.

Sorry, for the late response, we only recently acquired access to our Google Business Listing.

Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights and I was very disappointed. Enough to keep me away from here on out. The first thing that stuck out to me is when I checked in, I was handed a list of rules. I have stayed in hundreds if not thousands of hotels all throughout Europe, Asia, and the Americas. I don’t recall ever being handed a list of rules prior to check in.

I checked in at around midnight and the first day I was there, I placed the Do Not Disturb sign and received a notice under my door that they were going to check my room anyway. I felt more like a child waiting for Mom and dad to check on me more than a guest at a resort.

TV in the room was extremely small, bed was pretty comfortable. Sand all over the floor, and bathroom was clean.

Staff was not nice, not mean, but could use some work.

Overall, the stay was not a great one.

That all being said, I didn’t stay in the hotel except to sleep, and I did get a good nights sleep - so that is what matters.

Just very disappointed overall.

Date of stay: May 2018