“Only Reason was the Water Park” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Islands Club Guam

Pacific Islands Club Guam
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Beijing
“Only Reason was the Water Park”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The only reason you would come here at all is the water park for the kids. The bathroom was moldy and the water leaked out into the room when you shower. Just check-in for the day and enjoy the largest water park in Guam.

Room Tip: We were in the "new" tower so I would not recommend the old tower?!?!?!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank isaidokay
PacificIslandsClub, Manager at Pacific Islands Club Guam, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We apologize for your recent experience. We have made some repairs and continue to do routine maintenance to ensure all our guests take pleasure in their stay with us. We have also done some renovations in all our guestrooms in all our towers for all our guests to enjoy.

Pacific Islands Club Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Daejeon, Daejeon, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went to PIC resort on October 17th-21st 2012. I visited Guam for cross-country between some international school. My team were picked up at 3am and we were driven straight to the hotel. When we arrived in the lobby the people were nice, but I was really tired we just waited to go to the room. Due to our trip being a school trip, we stayed at Oceania B Tower, lets just say I didn't like the 5-10 min walk from the lobby to the room. While walking in the hallways down to the elevator of Oceania tower B, I really didn't like the smell of the hallway. It felt so musty and old, it could have used some air fresheners somewhere or just making a better tower. Our room was simply 2 beds and a couch that turned into the bed. When I put the couch into its bed position I saw that the bed was really dirty and I just slept on the couch in its original form. The view of the park was nice from our hotel and we had a door connecting us to the other room were my other team mates are. (We were both boys). The room itself didn't smell, but for some reason it felt old or unclean. In the afternoon I was shocked about the facilities it had. Several pools, water slides, tennis courts, basketball courts, mini golf, volley ball, windsurfing, and many more activities. I found that it made up for the old rooms. The staff was really nice, the cleaning lady spoke english and was very kind to us when we asked just for new towels. The breakfast was nice, having some variety with their food. I was a good trip overall and I like the hotel, I just found that the rooms and the lobby was very far off. I know that I am a cross-country runner, but sometimes after a race we would like just to get into our rooms instead of a long walk there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John P
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I could do enjoy all the activities like archery, kayaking, squash, snorkeling...etc.
Staffs were very friendly. But hotel was too old. Need to be renovated. Full of Korean, Japanese, Chinese in-house guests. Had a treatment in the Jivana Spa. That was the best treatment I've ever had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather B
Okinawa, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for only one night in June. We switched to the outrigger after that first night. Our room was old, moldy, and extremely dirty. When we talked to the manager about the problem, she told us that we had already been upgraded (news to us....and I can't believe they had a worse room) and that there was nothing more that they could do. This room wasn't just a little bit dirty, it was disgusting with crusted on dried liquid on the mattress, phone, lamps, etc. The bathrooms were moldy and old. Everything else in town was booked that night so we stayed the one night and then left.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank D S
PacificIslandsClub, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Islands Club Guam, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We apologize for your experience this past June. We did some renovations in all our rooms so we may deliver a more pleasant stay for all our guests. We hope to welcome you back again someday so you may enjoy our resort and the true uniqueness that makes PIC a very special place.

Pacific Islands Club Management Team

Travelers are raving about these Tumon hotels

Fuchu, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

it is in the centre of Tumon beach easy to access to the beach, restaurant and shopping area. also there are many golf course around the hotel. during stay, no one may be frastlated and irritated by boring there.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars
HAWAII
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place was renovated and the smelly old rooms are still in existence I guess. I would have stayed elsewhere. The front desk workers were okay. I would only recommend for kids so that they can enjoy the waterpark or stay at another place and then pay a park fee to use it for the day, much cheaper. I don;t like the buffet restaurant downstairs one for the food, it's not quality..it's like junk fast food and because all the tourists are walking in, getting food from the buffet while they're still dripping wet in their bathing suits. I don't think this is sanitary.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank medjugorje2000
Barrigada, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

If at all possible try to get a room in the main tower, the older towers are terrible. But we were hardly in our rooms anyways.
The garage parking is small.

The waterpark is nice and fun, very family oriented. A lot of different pools for whatever fits your desire. Kids pools, lounging pool, swimming pool, recreation pool, a lot of things to do as well.

The jiavana spa is great too.

The beaches on Guam are actually all public, not private.

Room Tip: The old towers are bad, ask for a room in the newer tower.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends