“Good hotel in Tumon”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Tumon
Hong Kong
“Good hotel in Tumon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

I have stayed at the Westin on a recent trip to Guam. The hotel is centrally located within walking distance to the luxury boutiques in Tumon. I was allocated an end room that was quite spacious and quiet. When I arrived, the room already had a key in the room power switch so I was glad that the room was cool. Throughout, my stay, I never removed the key and there was no moldy smell as with the other reviews. The hotel beach is gorgeous with clear water. My only complaint is that the sand/rocks were sharp and hard on your feet. The beach was fairly empty and lounge chairs were plentiful. The staff was very friendly and I would stay at the Westin again.

Room Tip: Keep the curtains closed and your room will be very cool.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ErmannHongKong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed at the Westin for a few days while on business. It is a nice hotel located on the beach and within walking distance of some shops and restaurants. It has a nice pool and above average gym for a hotel. The hotel also offers free parking.

The rooms are typical Westin style with nice beds, linens and a flat screen tv. There is also a safe and small refrigerator in the room which is useful. You can get Internet for a fee. The only problem I had with the room is that the air conditioning could have gotten colder. If you don't leave the curtains closed for your stay and blast the AC then your room will be hot.

As for the hotel food, I tried the breakfast at the restaurant Taste within the hotel and it was pretty good. There is a little coffee stand in the lobby which is pretty good and also has some food for purchase. I ordered room service three times. The first two time the food was fine. The last time the burger I ordered was under-cooked leaving me with the bottom bun soaked in some gross juices. I took a photo but don't want to post it since the majority of the time the food was fine. I could have called and ask them to replace the meal, but I'm too paranoid of having complaining and having food tampered with.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to those traveling to Tumon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Other reviewers mentioned the mildewy in room odor. This is attributed to the hotel electrical conservation program whereby when leaving the room, and taking your key card out of the slot, everything turns off, including the air conditioner. In this high humidity, on the beach environment, the room gets very humid, hence the odor. The staff, front desk, pool side, bar, etc. are very friendly and accommodating. The hotel beach is very clean. Of note, the sand, out of the water is fine and walkable with bare feet. However, in the water, the coral based sand is tough on the feet, its almost like walking on sharp rocks. I thought it was just my tender feet but, every one entering the water quickly did their impromptu rendition of a Mexican hat dance.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 12th floor are quieter, further away from the street noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank jpcalo8
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

AaaanceIt was my first visit to Guam and we booked Westin Resort through hotel.com. We chose to stay at Westin because it is close to main city area. It is close to restaurants and shops such as Galleria. Most shops are within walking distance. You can also catch a bus which loops around shopping district for $10 a day.
Hotel was not far from the air port. It cost us $22 by taxi. Our room was a sea view room with two queen size beds. Room was quite big and clean and beds were very comfortable. It had a very nice view of Tumon bay. Hotel had its own private beach next to its swimming pool. Beach was very shallow and warm with many tropical marine lives. Beach was excellent for swimming and snorkeling. It was very safe beach for kids as well. I and my wife spent most time on the beach!! Kayak hire and scuba diving was also available at a cost on the beach. Hotel also offered free parking for guests and car rent was also available at the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We will return next time!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank mapper9209
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

I booked a club room for 3 nights. Everything was nice except the service, they should tell you when you book the "royal beach club" rooms that check-in is all the way upstairs. We walked to the main lobby only to be told to go all the way to the top floor to check-in. During check-in I was told my room was ready but they forgot to check to make sure it was actually ready. I was told to wait 15 min while the send someone to make sure the room was ready. So during that time I decided to see if the boxes I had sent ahead had arrived yet, when I asked the club attendant he called down to the bell desk to see if the boxes were there and they were, he told me they were on my way to my room and would be there when I got there... 5 mins later when I got to the room no boxes. The next thing was the DVD/surround sound system was unplugged when I got there, noticed the plug on the end was not American style. I called the front desk and was told someone was on their way to fix it...this was never fixed for the duration of my stay. This was just the start...you get the drift, the team at this hotel is failing at the service standard.

• Stayed October 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Probably really nice for Guam's standards, but a little off for a usual Westin... I've been here for a little over a week, and it's a nice place w/ really great service. However, there are a few little things that make it a little worse than you might expect from a Westin. The location is outstanding, and the pool/beach area are great. However, the musty smell in the rooms, the T.V.s randomly turning on in the middle of the night, and the marks on the room walls make me wonder about the staff's attention to detail. It has a well-appointed workout room although it's poorly lit, and the spa looks as though it would be great - although I haven't tried it.
The outdoor bar at the pool is a great place to hang out, but don't get too excited about the food... The wings may give you cardiac arrest on the spot, and the burgers taste gamey, at best. However, the location probably can't be beat - snorkeling right off the beach is great, and you can charge a kayak & gear right to your room.
Not really a big fan of Guam right now, but the hotel isn't too bad - definitely the top 3 in Tumon...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jeff_c130
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

Though I was just here for one night as I was transiting through Guam, I enjoyed the hotel atmosphere and views from around the hotel. The room was fine. Though there was no hot water coming out of the shower and bath tub, only the faucet. To get to and from the airport it's $25 one way via the hotel shuttle service or about $22 via taxi. A little much considering the airport is about 3-4 miles away or so. Other than that nothing really else to comment about.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo