$120
$1,020
$1,891
Hyatt.com
2,427 results
All reviewstasi clubpremier towerthe executive loungetumon bayislander terracefisherman's covemain towerroy's restaurantgold membertennis courtsocean viewbreakfast buffetfitness centerbit datedinfinity poolrental carlounge chairs
Reviewed November 20, 2010

NO WAY Paris would be seen dead in this hopeless dump...talk about 3rd world standards.

terrible food, horrible breakfast, steaks full of chewy fat, room service food arrives cold, front desk never answers phones!!...constant drone from 1970's noisy buses parked out front with engines going flat out for hours at a time is a joke!
As for the rooms? sheets are stained, carpets worn & stained, bathroom is very dated, paint splatters on many surfaces, everything looks & feels 30yrs old!! only 2 of 3 lifts worked in my 7 day stay...cannot believe this is a Hilton Hotel, in my country they are the pinnacle of hotels, this place is a 2 1/2 star motor lodge at best!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
HiltonGuam, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Dear guest,

We deeply apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. Hilton Guam aims to provide exceptional hospitality service and a comfortable, fulfilling stay. We value your comments and will use them to improve our hotel.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

We are Hilton Gold and were upgraded to the executive tower. Our view was very nice and we enjoyed the exec lounge's breakfast. We were misinformed by the desk staff as to the time of closing so we nearly missed our free breakfast. The lounge closes at 10 am. Fortunately, we called. The bed was WONDERFUL, the best on our trip and comparable to Westin's heavenly bed - comfy pillow top. Had we had the time, I would have had lunch at Roy's - what a coup to have Roy at the Hilton. We love his food. The pool area looked nice but we had no time to check it out, much less use it. A resident of Guam we met at the airport told us that the Hilton was worse than the Marriott we stayed at when we first arrived. Not so.

THE BIG ISSUE: We flew in from Palau and arrived about 6 am. In order to ensure our being able to get right into bed that morning, we booked for the night before. That, evidently, caused no end of grief as the hotel assumed we were a no show and, at first, wanted to charge us for two nights! I put on our internet reservation with Hilton that we would arrive well after midnight. Our flight out was at 2 pm so we had only 6 hrs at the hotel. We spent the better part of an hour all told trying to get the room reservation right. That was seriously annoying as we were there just to sleep. Because Hilton was offering 4 times points for a Sunday stay, I had even more reason to want this night to show as booked for Sunday-Monday. First the bill showed Monday to Tuesday, then Monday to Monday. Still an issue with them even though the manager assures me by email that all is well. The staff seemed to be very proud of itself that they cancelled the no show charge! My husband was beside himself over that one: two night charge to stay 6 hours!!! The hotel engineer was near us at checkout. He was the only American staff member in sight. He understood my issue and tried to intervene. Time kept marching by and we needed to leave. He was so disgusted with the desk staff that he got the shuttle to take us to the airport for free to compensate for having to deal with these people. That was a nice feature. However, we left with the issue not resolved. I have since received an email from the manager telling me he has it straightened out. However, not yet with HHonors. I plan to prevail!!

Another huge plus to this hotel: free computers and free copying at this hotel's business center near the lobby. Had our reservation situation beein normal, I could happily have stayed here for a beach vacation. It is not close to the action but I would rent a car on Guam and see the sights anyway.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2010

This hotel is one of the older (if not the oldest) resort hotels in Guam. The room was clean but the carpet was stained and the bathroom sink granite was cracked. Staff was pleasant and the price was good compared to other resort hotels in Tumon Bay.

The business center charges $0.25 per page printed, if you can get the printer to work. There was not business center support staff.

The tree bar has great atmosphere, but the food is mediocre.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I live in Japan, and a few friends and I decided to take a trip to Guam for my friend's birthday. I love Guam but the Hilton was horrible! Anyways, There were 6 of us. I'm the only white person in my group of Japanese friends. We had 3 rooms, 2 per room. Saito and Takuma had friendly smiles and greetings at the front desk and so did Mistuki and Yayoi. When it came to me to get the card keys I got rude service, dirty looks, attitude and eye rolling. It was only when my room buddy Kazuma came next to me, because he was asking me questions, that they started to smile and give good service. I'm sorry but just because your main tourism is Japanese doesn't mean you have to be just nice to only Japanese.
We got to our rooms, the refrigerators didn't work. They were barely cold, and they were sweating. The tv remote was broken, so we called someone to replace it or fix it. they were there checking it out, they called someone else to fix it. 3 people went through and then third person called someone to help and said ok they will be here to fix it. he left and the person never came back.
the bathroom had someone's left over trash, and used towels. the floor was wet with shower water. Funny how the white person got the crappy room.
But my friends did have some inconveniences in their rooms. Dirty carpets, the wooden sun shield curtain was broken. Again in my room, of course the bed was amazingly comfortable, but if I'm not mistaken Kazuma is a man and there was dried period stain on the bed sheets. Men do not have women monthly friends.
Its a good thing that Kazuma and I are in a relationship because I would have been freezing with no sheets. The Phone had hidden charges. The internet didn't work in any of our rooms and its supposed to be free.
Breakfast was ok. Nothing great. We stayed for 5 days. Our last day having breakfast, we didn't know where the bathroom was because Yayoi needed the restroom. She went to the room because there was no one to ask. She was walking back in to finish breakfast and she got yelled at saying that she needed to wait her turn eating breakfast. its a good thing I walked by and cleared it up but still horrible customer service! The teens working there are just as bad. Oh another thing, when we went to go eat breakfast our table was dirty. When the lady showed us our table, there was still yuck on it. She expected us to help her clean it up.
All in all the hotel was horrible and the people were rude. The mediocre rooms were expensive. ONE LAST THING! We decided to secretly get a cake for my friend since it was her birthday vacation. I talked to the front desk and they said that they can store it in a freezer until we were going to eat it. I gave them the cake, frozen rock solid. I got it back and half the side was melted and it fell off. They obviously dont have a good freezer or they let it sit out before they did anything. And it looked as if someone had opened it and wiped their finger on it to eat it. HILTON GUAM IS THE WORST!
I've been to guam countless times with friends and We stayed at P.I.C (pacific islanders club), Hyatt, Outrigger, and Onward. They have way better service. Anything is better than the Hilton.
There are so many problems that we came across but i cannot list them all here because you would already get the idea that the hilton is the worst hotel ever.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank justspeachylol
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Resort Guam during our first 10 days on island. This is my second tour on Guam and I was not impressed with this hotel; I was disappointed with our room. I didn’t know this before we stayed at this hotel, but the Hilton is one of the oldest on island, which may have been why I wasn’t impressed. Check-in at 2am went smoothly. I’m assuming the front desk staff has never been to other parts of the hotel. We were told to take the main elevator to the second floor to our room. Upon entering the elevator, we noticed there was no second floor. We went back to the front desk where the staff said, “Oh. You probably have to take another elevator.” Thanks, Captain Obvious. The carpet smelled old and musty. The bathroom fixtures were also old and worn. They renovated the bathroom with a marble countertop, but new carpet would have been better. Our room had no table to where we could eat meals, but came with a very small coffee table. It was apparent that our room was once a king-sized room as there was only one headboard for our two full-sized beds. Our ocean view was obstructed by a mold stained structure. The television and fridge were adequate. Free wi-fi in the room was a big plus. I assume since we were military using the TLA rate of $90/day, we were not given a more luxurious room. So if you are military and transferring to Guam, don’t expect to get a really nice room at this hotel- the businesses here know they can make so much more money from tourists visiting the island and willing to pay the $250+/night rate for the nicer rooms. (However, we’ve stayed at the Westin Resort Guam with a TLA rate and stayed in a VERY fancy room on the 8th floor in the past).

We purchased many snacks at the café counter in the lobby several times. Guam prices are expensive, so ask for the military discount and you’ll get it. If you dine in the Island Terraces restaurant below the lobby, tell your server you are in the military and you’ll also get a discount. Be prepared to show some ID or provide your last four. You should also know that there is an a la carte menu in the Island Terraces restaurant. If you don’t ask for the ala carte menu (especially for breakfast), be prepared to pay $23/person for the breakfast buffet before you are seated at your table. The buffet looks decent, but its expensive for a family of 4. The tourists can afford it, maybe, but it’s a bit much for a military family transferring to island and preparing to put down $5000+ to move into a new house. Additionally, ordering from the a la carte menu means your food will be cooked and served FRESH. We are 2 adults/2 children and just ordered 2 entrees and split it amongst each other as the servings were generous (4 pcs of French toast with 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausage or 3 large pancakes with 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, for example). If you’re sweet as pie to the servers, they may even throw in some free fruit or toast. =)

The pool area was great and we took our kids almost daily. There are many lounge chairs and you get a large towel from the pool attendant. You can bring a flotation device for small children as they don’t provide any. There is a water slide for kids over 48”. Keep in mind, there are many tourists from other countries and they have no concept of personal space, so just watch yourself and your kids as you/they may get bumped by someone else’s raft or flotation device/toy. There is no point in trying to correct this behavior, this is how it is in their country, and you will just be a frustrated, hypertensive individual. Quite honestly, we’re all guests on Guam, anyway. For a more comfortable pool experience, drive up to the Naval Hospital pool (if you’re military)…. no tourists there.

Like I said, this is our second tour on Guam. Guam life takes some getting used to, especially if you’re fresh from the mainland. Don’t expect things to go as expected… this is not the United States. If you dine out, your appetizer may not come until the end of your meal… so just skip it.

Also, a word about cell phones. If you have a BlackBerry from the States, take out the battery or turn it off unless you have free roaming on Guam (which I doubt you’ll have unless you were with Sprint). Calls and data are very expensive, so as soon as you can, go to one of the cell companies and see if you can use your BlackBerry on Guam. My husband used Verizon in the States. IT&E here on Guam was able to easily change the SIM card and use the phone on the IT&E network, with a new contract of course. This saved us from purchasing a new BlackBerry at the price of $199 for the Curve 8330. If you use your Sprint phone on Guam, you’ll probably be alright, but expect poor call quality and some dropped calls as you’ll be roaming (This is what I’ve been told by Sprint users. I have been disappointed with Sprint in the past and choose not to use them even if it means free

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business