2,447 results
All reviewstasi clubpremier towerthe executive loungetumon bayislander terracefisherman's covemain towerroy's restaurantgold membertennis courtsocean viewbreakfast buffetfitness centerbit datedinfinity poolrental carlounge chairs
Reviewed May 19, 2008

For starters, the people of Guam are lovely and this holds true to the employees of the Hilton Guam. I try to be fair and honest and I've started telling the hotels that I will be rating them and reviewing their hotel. So with that said at check in, I told the person checking me in. (manager and the name was something like saynaha, I have it written down somewhere, will have to check the spelling.)

Anyway, I asked the manager if this would be a good room for a review. She responded that it was a lovely room.

My room was 437 and it was truly terrible. (overlooking the parking lot, my travel partner under the same hotel rate and plan had a ocean view room... yes, that bothered me too... but then my partner told me about the incredible disco noise he heard all night be played on his side of the hotel and kept him awake)

I am shocked they would want me reviewing such a awful place. The mold in the bathroom was unbelievable (I will post photos) very dated room! Needs a good cleaning... makes you wonder what the health department is doing on Guam. Maybe they should be checking out these rooms. And although, I don't have mold in my bathrooms at home, I've been told with bleach it is fairly easy to get rid of. Seriously, can you imagine a 19 inch TV in a resort room and NO remote control???? (and I bet that TV was 15 years old) Too stupid for words. And I read a ad while on Guam that said something like... "come see our renovated rooms" And yes, this is at a HILTON RESORT!! Yeah, sure... Motel6, but we're talking a Hilton, where room rates for this category can be $175.00 a night. (yes, I would have been really IRKED had I paid that. I stayed though Continental)

I can not believe the hardness of the beds. I even lifted up the sheets to take a look at the mattress. (I thought it was the box part of the mattress) I'm not kidding the floor would have been softer. (I kid you not) NEVER in my life, have I felt such a hard mattress. (I've been home two days and I'm having upper back problems and I am wondering if it could be because of that bed.)

I've been a Hilton Honors GOLD member for over 20 years and have been upgraded at check in all over the world for years. And yet, this manager couldn't locate my Hilton Honors membership number. Very odd. (?????) Yes, I understand busy... but when one tells you that you've been a Hilton Honors member for over 20 years and you're status is GOLD... YOU MOVE!!! Get it done... and NOW!!! I don't have time to wait. Finally, I told her the room would be fine and I would rate it accordingly.

So, would I stay here again. NO WAY... NO WAY!!! Not with the other choices available near by. Too many nicer properties in the area.

Now for the restaurant, I was there for the Thursday night Sea Food Buffet.... AWESOME!!!! I had the mahi mahi, stickey rice... EXCELLENT!!! Salad with Asian dressing... TERRIFIC!!! And the Carmel Custard (like Flan) out of this world!!!! Complaints... not enough food. It was odd, I was there at 6PM, and you know at some buffets the staff are constantly making sure the food dishes are full. (vegas over flowing) Anyway, not here. Little bits of food in each pan. (actually odd for a $38.00 buffet) But what I did eat... truly awesome.

But the room. Shocking... terrible. Not up to RESORT standards. Can you imagine... a 19inch TV??? Or putting a guest into a room with a bath with black mold growing? Oh... one other ODD thing. I was on the 4th floor, between the elevators and room 437 was about 20 rooms, each with their doors partially open. (anyone could have walked in. The odor was musty, so I'm wondering if they were trying to air them out. But seemed odd to see a area of rooms with the doors open. And another odd thing, in my room there was like a speaker or alarm thing on the wall with tape covering it. (odd and tacky)

Shameful! Will not return. I'm still unpacking.. will try to post photos in the next day or so.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NYC1945
Reviewed January 12, 2008

We stayed at a HUGE twin bed room for 3 nights. Our room was in tower so the view from the room was.. just a hotel entrance area. but we're out to its private beach and the pool during the day, so the view was not really a matter at all. besides, our room rate was very cheap one, so it was too good enough anyway.

As we've got a such specious room, comfortable beds, and big shower room, we really enjoyed our stay and will come back there again for sure! Hilton is located a little bit far from the city, but they have everything in there and it's nicely quiet as well :-) So relaxing!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2007

The Hilton is still a gorgeous hotel, I love the location, the restaurants are great, the only problem is the beds were extremely hard. I flew in from the mainland, so right there is a 15 - 16 hour flight, I was looking forward to a comfy bed to get some rest so that I could enjoy my stay on Guam which was not possible. I regret to say that I will not stay at this hotel again especially for the money I paid, nor would I recommend anyone to stay here unless they like sleeping on concrete. I stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe for 2 nights and though it's not as gorgeous as the Hilton, the beds were very comfortable. Sorry Hilton Hotel...was truly hoping the experience would be a great one.

• Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed September 27, 2007

First, I work for a large international airline and travel quite extensively worldwide. Having said that, most of the bad hotels I run into are not Hilton's - so this brand being associated with this particular property is quite misleading to anyone looking to stay here.
Avoid the midlevel wing rooms above the front desk area, as these are where my first room was - and they are terrible. My first room had extensive rust, stains on the carpet (blood), and infestation of bugs. After several calls to the front desk, they would not reacommodate me in another room as they claimed there were none. The next day I demanded from the Front Desk Manager a new room in the tower wing and was finally given a decent room.
My biggest problem is the staff of the front desk not being able to put me in another room on the night of check-in. Of course there were other rooms available, there always are. My previous stay at this property 3 years prior, I was told there were no rooms available. They ended up giving me the Presidential Suite for a 12 hours layover.
The rest of the facilities are good. The pool is nice, but could use some refurbishing. The restaurants are quite good, but expensive - so bring your expense account.

Hilton should take a flame thrower to the midlevel wings above the front desk and completely start over. The rest of the hotel just needs modest refurbishing.....and a new front desk staff!!

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank bryan5150
Reviewed March 16, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton Guam during a 20-hour layover en route to another Pacific island. It was a completely satisfying experience for this purpose.

The shuttle van to the hotel was waiting for me when my flight landed, and there was a staff member holding a sign in the waiting area outside of customs. I had no trouble finding them or the van, and the ride was short to the hotel.

Once there, the front desk staff were helpful but gave me a key that didn't open my room - which was a long walk there and back to the front desk. I was not in the tower, so I had a view of the parking lot and tennis courts. The room itself was a little small and had tile floors instead of carpet, but was clean, quiet and a welcome change from an airline seat. The bed was very firm - apparently this is the cultural standard for Asian tourists, but be ready for a bed that is not what you might find at a nice hotel in the U.S.

There is a small coffee shop in the lobby that was packed at breakfast but had decent food. I had a good lunch at the outside restaurant/bar during the afternoon, and prices at both were about standard for hotel dining.

The pool area contains several pools and lounging areas - be forewarned about the strength of the sun! Even on the couldy day, wear plenty of sunscreen. While the pool areas are very nice, the "beach" is nothing more than some pebbly sand on a small piece of waterfront. There were lots of people around but enough levels and small pools that it didn't feel crowded.

Pre-arrange your shuttle back to the airport and expect it to cost $5. It was prompt and I had no problems.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo