“It was the best place for family trip!”

Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I visitied this hotel twice for my family trip. The rooms were so nice and employess were always smiling. Of course there were some limitations because the hotel was too old (about 41 years). I think room conditions of main tower may not be good but the rooms in premier tower were very good and waiters of executive lounge were so nice. One of them had a fantastic memory! He remembered my family and said hello when I visitied this hotel second time.

However, it is located far from city center (about 5 min drive in small Guam city center) and there is no nice beach sand.

You can enjoy relaxation in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank reonora
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Reonora,

Greetings from Hilton Guam!

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our service and the quality of our Premier Tower Rooms! We truly care about our guests and we are extremely delighted that you enjoyed your return stay. Regarding our Main Tower Rooms, we are constantly striving to refurbish and renew all of our furniture and equipment.

I am so happy to hear about your great time on Guam and your great comments about our hotel.
Regarding the location of our hotel, we are situated in the very quiet part of Tumon. I recommend asking for our free taxi service to our Tumon Duty Free shopping center.

Also, for a nice beach, the number 1 beach on Guam on trip advisor is the Ypao Beach Park. This beach is a 5 minute walking distance from Hilton Guam. I highly recommend you visiting this beach on your next visit.

Please let us know if you are planning another return trip in the future! We are happy to personalize your trip and make you feel the most comfortable.

Many thanks and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks in Jan - Feb 2013. The hotel rooms and the hotel itself could use some renovation but the service and price make up for it. The rooms and beds are pretty good however where I think they need improvements is in the bathroom. The shower leaks all over the tile floor of the bathroom. This may have just been a defect with my particular room but there were multiple little items I saw in other rooms my friends were staying in that could have been improved. It just looks like Hilton hasn't poured much money into the rooms themselves but has improved other aspects of the hotel. The pool/bar area is really nice and the prices aren't too expensive (~$7/beer, ~$9/fruity drinks). The food is decent at the bar which is the only place in the hotel that I ate. There are plenty of restaurants in Tumon so no need to eat there. The buffet in the morning smelled like it was delicious but I did not sample it. They have a small cafe in the lobby where you can get coffee/cappuccino and an assortment of fruit/sandwiches/salads, etc. for hotel prices (i.e. McDonalds is cheaper) but everything is good. The hotel itself is located on the other end of Tumon Bay from all the fancy shopping if that's a priority for you. The hotel also doesn't have a beach. It has stairs that lead into the water and an area for lounge chairs where you can lay-out next to the water but no sand-beach. The thing that sets this hotel apart from the others, and earns a "Very Good" rating from me is the service. The entire staff is friendly and welcoming and is ready to help you out with anything you need. Also, Guam is a territory of the U.S.A. so tip like you're an American when you're there (18% is expected).

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best in either tower but probably cost more. Ask for a single queen bed if you...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear ViperMuller,

Greetings from Hilton Guam!

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our food quality and service.

Your room defects are certainly not typical and I have notified my engineering team to review this comment. We will do our very best to eliminate this issue in the future for other guests.

We are happy that you enjoyed your time on Guam and at the Hilton Guam!

Please visit us again in the near future, we will be happy to personalize your trip with our Hilton Hospitality.

Thank you so much and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Guam Resort for five nights on business travel. Because of a shortage of rooms, I stayed in the Tasi Club tower. The room was very nice with two twin beds and the view from the deck was wonderful! My room was quiet, clean and it was serviced daily. With the stay in the Tasi Club, a continental breakfast and appetizers/happy hour is included. The breakfast was good with a mix of american, japanese, and european style breakfast foods. The happy hour features complimentary beer, wine, and daily cocktail along with a plate of appetizers. It was really tasty and great to get a complimentary beer after a long day of work.

I had difficulty getting connected to the wi-fi or internet connection in the room. I was able to access the wi-fi in the Tasi Club, but not in my room. I mentioned this to the staff on checkout. Additionally, the air condition in the room was not cool enough. Not being used to the humidity and heat, the room could have been cooler, but the thermostat was on it coolest setting.

All in all, I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and will stay here again on future business trips.

Dear Grubaluks,

Greetings from Hilton Guam!

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our Tasi Club. We completely understand you’re the importance of in-room WIFI internet on your business trip and we apologize for the inconvenience. I have informed our IT team regarding your WIFI issues and diminish similar inconveniences In the future.

It really sounds like you had a great time at our hotel!

Looking forward to serve you again in the near future.

Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just checked in last week, I would rate somewhere between average and very good based on my stay so far. The room I got is decent but dated with a view of the parking lot and the finishes are a bit worn (doors/molding/bathroom). Service so far has been outstanding, everyone is very welcoming. I needed to get some alterations done and though I couldn't find any where to do them I called the front desk and theyhad the garment picked up and delivered to my room done in under 24 hours. It also has a great gym (full size) better then any I have seen at any other hotel. the property is large and has great views your on the south end of the main strip but it escapes the tourist feel the rest of the area has.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Daves314,

Greetings from Hilton Guam!

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I will share you great review with our team members.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the tranquil location of our hotel.

We apologize for the worn conditions of your room, and your comments have been relayed to our engineering team to better refurbish our Garden View rooms.

We wish you will visit Guam in the near future. I hope the remainder of your stay on Guam was enjoyable.

Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The views of Tumon Bay are at your door step! The majestic colors of mother nature are in full display. The hotel is a little aged and a typical very busy resort. Buffet breakfast is not worth the price and the quality is marginal. Full fitness center is an excellent bonus! If you there for business, stay in the Elite/Honors tower as it is quieter. May sure to travel to the other side of the bay from the hotel and stop at The Beach Bar. Amazing sunsets, 4-7pm Happy Hour and decent bar grub. Take your camera!!! We had four nights of unique spectacular sunsets!

Room Tip: Stay in the tower is you want more peace and quiet as it's next to the main building, has larger...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear PaulBob3,

Greetings from Hilton Guam!

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel and restaurant venues.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our 24 hour fitness center.
Also, our Tree Bar has great food and a happy hour 4-7 p.m. everyday, and you can easily view our unique and beautiful sunsets on Guam!

Our Premier Tower Executive rooms are quieter compared to our lively Main Tower Rooms, but if you would like peace and tranquility, I highly recommend our Tasi Club room for your next stay. Also, staying at the Tasi Club will include a free breakfast and a cocktail hour every night!

Thank you so much from Hilton Guam, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Please contact us next time and we will personally make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Tried their BBQ buffet dinner after reading a few positive reviews on the internet. If you're very interested in cultural shows, their show during dinner wasn't bad.

But their food definitely wasn't worth US$68.2 (incl. 10% service charge). Their grilled lobster was good, but that was the only thing I really liked. There were very few options and they didn't seem to refill the trays after 7 p.m. (which was about the time we arrived). I didn't bother trying their dessert after my friend said they were disappointing. It was not what I had expect for a buffet dinner at that price.

On the other hand, my friends told me that their Italian restaurant was expensive too but the quality of their food was worth the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travel_HKB
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Travel_Hkb,

Greetings from Hilton Guam Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your meal at our Tropics BBQ all-you-can-eat Steak and Lobster Buffet with unlimited house beer was not up to your expectations.

I would like to apologize on behalf our hotel and our team for your bad experience. Please understand that your comments have been brought up to our General Manager.

Regarding our food selection and the price for our Tropics BBQ Polynesian Dance Show, the price you brought up is competitive with many of the other Cultural Shows on Guam and around the world. In fact, we are one of the only dance shows that serve Lobster as a buffet choice. The unlimited beer with steak and lobster coupled with one of the longest and most entertaining Polynesian Fire Dance Show on Guam is packaged into an affordable price. I apologize if our show was not up to your expectations.

I am pleased that your friends enjoyed our Italian Fusion Restaurant at Roy’s. Hilton Guam have the most restaurant venue selections on Guam. The next time you visit Guam, please also try our Seafood restaurant, the Fisherman’s Cove, and our themed dinner buffet at the Islander Terrace.

Also, I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience Hilton Guam as it was meant to be.

Please feel free to contact myself directly when you visit Hilton Guam again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Guam was memorable.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Guam Resort and Spa for five days in late January 2013, and I enjoyed my stay very much. I stayed in the Premier Tower on the 6th floor, and I had a nice view of Tumon Bay. My room was very clean, and I received maid service daily. The breakfast buffet in the Island Terrace was excellent. I also ate at the seafood restaurant in the hotel, and my dinner was excellent. The pool complex was very nice and clean. I also enjoyed a sports massage in the spa. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful.

Most of the guests were Japanese on tours / vacations, probably 80%. I also met some Americans (service members and spouses) and a few Europeans. I will stay at the Hilton again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Hiistory-Buff,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Guam Resort and Spa. The staff and management are appreciative of your feedback and comments.

We do agree we have a great staff and dining options. We strive to provide all of our guests with Hilton hospitality. I am confident that our food and beverage team will enjoy your comments regarding our great breakfasts and dinner options!

We are hopeful you will consider us again. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back!

Johnny

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumon
Hyatt Regency Guam
Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort
Hotel Nikko Guam
Hotel Nikko Guam
#4 of 20 in Tumon

Been to Hilton Guam Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!