“Good Choice, Nice Stay”

Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay and this property is probably the best that Guam has to offer. As a Diamond member, I was given a nice room w/balcony overlooking the bay. My room had fresh fruit & wine to greet me. The complex has different buildings joined by a small shopping area. The hotel opens to a nice pool area and the bay (although the direct oceanfront is a little rocky). The hotel could use a little pick me up but it was the nicest hotel that I saw in Guam and if I returned, I would make this my choice again. The hotel had a very nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Chichimom5,

Greetings from Hilton Guam!

Thank you for your great feedback regarding our hotel. All guests are treated with excellent service regardless their loyalty status. At the Hilton Guam, we believe that everyone should be treated like a Diamond Member. Our beach is a little rocky, but if you like a less rocky beach, we welcome you to our public beach. This beach is called the Ypao Beach and it is less than 5 minutes walking distance from Hilton. After your morning swim, maybe you can enjoy our breakfast buffet at the Islander Terrace!

Please visit us again! I will personally take care of your next stay and make your trip the most memorable.

Johnny

Write a ReviewReviews (2,235)

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'm a CPA exam candidate. This hotel offers event every night such as fire dance and so on. Very noisy every night. Could not study. I went to bed earlier every night.

But when I woke up early morning, beautiful and quiet sunrise welcomes you.

The hotel service is comparable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Dewdkgutksi,

Greetings from Hilton Guam!

We apologize for the noise during our Tropics BBQ show. This show is from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. every night. During this time, the hotel may be a little festive and our noise level will be increase for an hour.

I am glad you enjoyed our service and you even compared it to our beautiful sunrise and sunset. This means so much to our team.

For your future stays, I highly recommend the Premier Tower and Tasi Club for silence and tranquility.
These 2 room types have very quiet rooms and they are all away from our festive poolside.

We wish you the best of luck on your endeavors.

Please visit us again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

To cover the positives first, I must say that the staff members were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

The Building: Built in 1972 and refurnished just once since then, many parts of the hotel are just embarrassing. Your experience will completely depend on the type of room you get. Some rooms are refurnished with ocean views, while others are in dire need of repair and face a parking lot.

Food: The local restaurant Proa is located just a short walk from the hotel. While the lines can be long, the food there is superior to anything we ate at the hotel. We tried everything at the hotel except Roy's, but I wish we could have had every meal at Proa instead.

Tasi Lounge: This is an economy type lounge located on the ground floor of one of the newer buildings. Mainly targeting Asian tourists, the breakfast was in my opinion disappointing. Coffee and juice can be had throughout the day, but only from paper cups. The internet is slow, the tables are shaky (i.e. not a good place for a laptop), and the Christmas music quickly gets old if you plan to spend some time in the lounge. At night the lounge gets very dark as the lighting is poor.

The Executive Lounge: I got access to the lounge after complaining about the Tasi Lounge, and the breakfast is way superior to that of Tasi, There's also a fantastic view as the executive lounge is located on the 7th floor. The music is more tolerable and the ambiance is much more professional.

The hotel is located far away from the main strip, so you need transportation to get anywhere. While the hotel does not have a beach, there's a great beach in the public park located next to the hotel. If you have small children, the park also has a playground.

Room Tip: As stated in the review, be very careful when booking as the rooms vary dramatically. This is a big...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jantaro

Dear Jantaro,

Greetings from Hilton Guam Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay at Tasi Club was not up to your expectations.

The food selection with our Tasi Club Lounge and our restaurant venues to your comments is certainly not normal, and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire Tasi Club team and our food and beverage staff.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge, Proa and the Ypao Beach Park. The Ypao Beach Park is rated the best beach park on Guam and the Proa restaurant is also rated the best restaurant on Guam.

Please feel free to contact myself directly when you visit Hilton Guam again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Guam was memorable.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We loved the location of this hotel - minutes from the airport, and situated on Tumon Bay with a breath-taking view of Two Lovers Point. Really, it can't be beat. It's also near the KMart, and the high-end shopping district.
Service was great - every staff member was professional, friendly, capable. They seemed to really be happy to be there and happy to do whatever they could to help.
The hotel itself.. meh. I think every review says the same thing - the rooms could use an updating. But it wasn't unbearable. It's still a lovely hotel and the value for the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Trsces,

Greetings from Hilton Guam!

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our service at Hilton Guam. All of us are constantly striving to improve our service for our customers. We are currently in progress on renewing our dated rooms; we are constantly replacing and renewing all of our equipment. However, we are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and our affordable price.

We hope to see you visit us again in the near future.

Thank you so much.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is my first trip to Guam and, because I'm a HHonors member, I didn't hesitate to book my stay here. That's because Hilton has a standard on which I can readily rely. The hotel is away from the tourist trap that is the shopping district and my HHonors got me a nice room in the Premium tower overlooking Tumon Bay. Other reviewers mentioned dated features and I agree to some extent. The wood trim in my room needs repainting but the furnishings, paint and most fixtures are new. The lobby is nicely appointed and the staff is as friendly as you will find anywhere. I will not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Premier Tower are good - at least on floor 10.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank caliintrepidtraveler

Dear caliintrepidtraveler,

Warm Greetings from Hilton Guam!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay on Guam. I agree with you that our rooms may have some dated features, but we are constantly looking to upgrade and improve the quality of our rooms and our service.

Thank you so much for your time on reviewing our hotel.

We will continue to improve our rooms and provide all of our guests excellent service.

Wish to see you again.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Similar to other reviewers, I agree with the outdated and worn walls, counters and carpet in my room (main tower). The elevator in the main could use some shining up, yet it did its job.

BUT, the service outweighs these minor details and that is why I rate this hotel as Excellent! From check in to check out, the ladies at the front, particularly Jeanette, helped make this 5 night trip away from home seem more like "home". She took the time to really make me fell welcomed as this was my first trip to Guam. Other hotel staff was very friendly.

At the end of each work day, walking into the hotel, I was greeted and asked if I needed a hand - all different employees.

Jeanette remembered my name and said hello and if I was doing okay each time I saw her.
With all the Japanese tourist around to service and the hotel being at full occupancy - she took the time to say few, but important words to me to make her stand out.
I was allowed to check out via telephone since my flight had been changed and delayed and offered a ride back to the hotel should it become necessary.

The pools and grounds were pretty - although I didn't have an opportunity to "play" - work trip.
I will definitely be back for a vacation one day!

Room Tip: Hawaiian mac nut cookies and candies available in the store downstairs. Take a pen/paper to the bus...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kellieandbrandon
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Kellieandbrandon,

Greetings from Hilton Guam Resort & Spa!

We greatly appreciate your reviews of our hotel. We have taken your comments regarding our dated Main Tower room. The Main Tower is our first tower and it is one of our older towers. We are touching up, replacing, and renewing equipment everyday, and this process will continue until our Main Tower is fully renewed.

Although our rooms may be a little dated, we do our very best to provide you with quality service. I am glad you experienced and enjoyed our hospitality first hand. Jeanette will be recognized for her great service to you. Our service to all guest regardless of nationality should be the same. Everyone of our staff should treat you like Janette and make you feel like home!

We wish you will return again in the near future and have some “play” time with Hilton Guam! We will definitely make your next trip even more memorable. Please contact us and we will personally care of your next trip.

Thank you so much.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The good old Hilton doesn't impress greatly from the outside, and the rooms are a touch drab, but the service is reliable and it is excellent value for money. Despite my being a fussy elite Hilton member, I was left with a very positive impression of this hotel

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael E
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Michael,

Greetings from Hilton Guam Resort & Spa!

Thank you for your comments regarding our great service. It is always a pleasure to hear the review of a loyal Hilton Worldwide Guest. We do apologize for the aging condition of our rooms. We are constantly renewing our rooms and we keep them at the best condition possible. May I suggest the Premier Tower Ocean View Rooms for your next visit? These rooms are our biggest and newest rooms on our property. Also, if you are an elite member, please try our Premier Executive Floor rooms with Executive lounge access. I am confident these rooms will exceed your expectations.

Please visit us in the near future and we will personally take care of your next arrival.

Johnny

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumon
Hyatt Regency Guam
Hotel Nikko Guam
#4 of 20 in Tumon
Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort
Dusit Thani Guam Resort

Been to Hilton Guam Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!