“Excellent Service, In Need of Updating”

Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel twice. The first because I'm a Hilton Honors member and try to stay in Hilton brand hotels. The second because it met my needs and provided plenty of space to spread out and work. For business, the hotel has ample parking for the rental car. The buffet breakfast has plenty to offer. The hotel staff is very friendly from the front desk, to the maids, to security. The rooms were large, comfortable, and provided plenty of space to work. I was able to store away my suitcase and closes for the week long stay. On the second stay, I was upgraded to an executive suite in the main tower which consisted of the bedroom and a business room with printer. For being 5000 miles from home, this hotel allowed me to relax and get work done. I did deduct one point for the condition of the hotel rooms which were outdated which is typical for Guam. With the environment in Guam, nothing lasts very long.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Robb P,

Warm Greetings from Hilton Guam Resort & Spa!

Thank you for your great comments, I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel.

It is always great to hear from a loyal Hilton Honors member’s comments.
Hilton Guam mission is to exceed our guest’s expectations, all of our staff are here to create the best experience possible for you during your long trip away from home.

I am happy you had the time to relax and get work done. That sounds like a perfect business trip.

Thank you for understanding our room condition on Guam. We are constantly replacing, renewing and repairing our rooms to make sure we have the best room possible for our guests.

We wish you will visit us again! Please give us an email at Guam@Hilton.com prior to your next visit so we can personally accommodate your stay.

Johnny

Write a ReviewReviews (2,232)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

For spending four days in Guam, the Hilton was an excellent base from which to operate! Short taxi ride from the airport. I was put in an ocean-view room in the Premier Tower - nice view, though being on a lower floor meant regular noise from the park below. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with good beds and a modern, flat-screen tv; the decor and carpets are showing their age, though!

There are tour operators and car rental desks within the hotel itself, which is exceptionally convenient (the free parking is a nice touch, too!).

Food in the dining room (and via room service) can be expensive and is of reasonably quality, but the pool bar is a wonderful spot for drinks and snacks. Nice traditional Chamorro dance show in the evenings, too.

My only real issue was a wake-up call that did not arrive as requested, leading to a rather panicked run to the airport, but other than that, I'd certainly recommend this hotel as your place to stay in Guam!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CDN2012
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear CDN2012,

Greetings from Hilton Guam Resort & Spa!

Thank you for great comments regarding our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our Premier Tower rooms and your comments regarding the convenience of our store.

Our hotel should be here to make your vacation and stay as stress free as possible, the tour operators, 24 hour coffee and desert shop, duty free shop, car rentals, doctors clinic, diving activities, Zip Line, and our concierge desk is dedicate to service you.

We apologize for your missed wake-up call. Thank you for bringing up this issue, usually wake-up calls are automated calls, I will ensure our technology is up to date and solve this issue to eliminate similar future problems. We also have personal wake-up calls , and you may request this at our Front Desk or through our in-room phones.

Thank you for recommending our hotel, and I hope you will visit us again!
Please give us an email at Guam@hilton.com prior to your next visit so we can personally accommodate your stay.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here on the way to Saipan and two nights afterwards. The first night I was in the premiere tower with a big room and big bathroom (sunken tub, separate shower, beautiful sink); the second night I was in the main tower. Regular room, shower over the tub, view of the ocean and the pool and the koi pond. This resort is extremely busy and lively (noisy?) but is beautiful in a tropical, a little older kind of way. The counter cafe downstairs is open 24/7 which is great considering the hours planes fly from the airport. I'd stay here again if in Guam, but I'd try to use my status with HIlton to upgrade to the premier tower as it is nicer.

Dear JLFERG,

Greetings from Hilton Guam Resort & Spa!

Thank you for great comments regarding our hotel. Our beds are constantly inspected to uphold our Hilton brand standards. We understand the importance of your rest during your vacation.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our Premier Tower rooms. The Premier Tower is our biggest room with a spacious shower. The breath taking partial ocean views and park views in the Premier Tower is a great combination of the scenery on Guam.

The Main Tower Deluxe Rooms are our ocean front rooms, and it is classic style room with great views of the Tumon Bay. During our busy season, our rooms can be lively and noise may be an issue. Our procedure for noise complaints would be moving our guest in a quieter room on a higher floor or away from our festivities. We apologize if activities from our Tropics Barbecue Polynesian Fire Dance Show with an all your can eat steak and lobster buffet with all you can drink house beer disturbed your rest. However, I strongly recommend you to participate in this lively event the next time your visit our Hotel.

Thank you for considering staying at Hilton Guam for your next visit. When you return, I would like to recommend our Tasi Club rooms. The Tasi Club rooms are the most serene out of all our rooms, and it is also conveniently located next to our new spa. I am positive that the Tasi Club will provide you the tranquil resort experience you longed for.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have stayed at several of the Hilton resorts and this is much like the others. The waterslide and pools are clean and inviting. The property is somewhat dated but clean and in a beautiful setting. I am here on business but the travel from the Eastern time zone is a bear, thanks to business elite it was tolerable. If you are traveling with kids i would recommend someplace closer to the mainland. If you are traveling this far,make it someplace with more things to do. The snorkeling and lagoon are magnificent but there are not a lot of great things to do or visit on the Island itself.

Room Tip: Oceanside views are worth the little extra.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear SudsDrinker,

Greetings from Hilton Guam!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. As a hotel brand that is constantly striving to improve our services, we read our reviews closely and share your feedback with the whole hotel so we can see that our close attention to detail and great customer service pays off. I am happy that you and your family had a great time using our swimming pool and our beach activities.

There are many things you can do on Guam as a family. Hilton Guam recently included a Zipline. The Zipline is a great family activity and it is exciting for all ages. Zip through our Trees and experience our cliff side ocean views. You can literally smell the summer breeze as you fly through the reigns of excitement.

Aside from this activity, I also recommend all the other family activities on TripAdvisor.

Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling
to Guam again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Email: Johnny.Lee@Hilton.com

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently went to Guam to have a little vacation from Japan. I used my husbands points and we stayed at the Hilton Resort in Guam (Tasi Room) I picked this because it seemed to be a premier room with cocktail hour and breakfast. It had an ocean view too, how could I go wrong. Well it did and in a big way. First the Tasi rooms interior are very nice and has an ocean view, but that is it. We were in the atrium area, so when they set up for the "Continental Breakfast" we could here them every morning at 6am....which is when we woke up. Then could hear everyone getting food and talking. We were on the 3rd floor, but that sound really carried in the open atrium. Then the spa is closed and they are working on it just below outside our balcony, so we could here the workers talking/cussing and even smoking. Last the cocktail hour, really was unprofessional with 2 young guys running it. Cheap beer and wine, with a plate of snacks brought out only after asking them to do so. I felt like this was a Hampton Inn the whole time we were there and thankfully was only 3 nights. Stay in the Exec. Club area, you will be much happier with the area in hotel, room, breakfast and cocktail hour. DO NOT WASTE MONEY OR TIME ON TASI ROOM!! Not worth the money, I have send emails regarding my thoughts to Hilton and spoke with the manager while there, they have a long way to go on fixing the problems.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sunnylooker
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Sunnylooker,

Greetings from Hilton Guam Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay at Tasi Club was not up to your expectations.

I would like to apologize on behalf our hotel and its team for your stay.
Our standard procedure in this event would be to offer a quieter room to you on a different floor away from our Tasi Club Spa renovation.

The lack of professionalism with our Tasi Club staff member and our renovation team with regards to your comments is certainly not typical, and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire Tasi Club service team as a training exercise.

I am pleased that your stay within our rooms was memorable and you enjoyed the ocean view rooms that Tasi Club Provides. You may also be interested to learn that just this week we have finished a full reconstruction of our new Spa at Tasi Club. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience Hilton Guam as it was meant to be.

Please feel free to contact myself directly when you visit Hilton Guam again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that
the remainder of your trip to Guam was memorable.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed with my husband for 3 nights during Oct.20 thru 23. Overall it was good experience and we are happy to return if service level get better because we had problem with Internet access, phone line, and in-room dining.
Our room was on 6th floor in the main tower facing to ocean. Room looked tired especially bathtub but acceptable. It has enough space to spread out our belongings.
We had snacks at pool bar (good & reasonable) and breakfast at main dining (expensive and bad selection), and in room dining.

The hotel is located end of Tumon. If you are looking for convenient location this is not place for you. We rented car, so had no issue.

I used to lived in Hawaii and Los Angeles (Santa Monica), and traveled a lot to asia beach resort, so I am spoiled, but I think service level in Guam is below average.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lagirllagirl1220
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've stayed here twice and it's a good hotel,very clean and staff is awesome,the rooms are a little far from the front but who want to be near the noise,the poolside bar is nice and the drinks are good too,definitely recommend..

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank superkatto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumon
Hyatt Regency Guam
Hotel Nikko Guam
#4 of 20 in Tumon
Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort
Dusit Thani Guam Resort

Been to Hilton Guam Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!