I stayed at this property for 3 weeks in Aug/Sept on business. It was fantastic!!! I <3 Guam.
As a Hilton Gold member I was placed in the Premier Tower on the 10th floor. (Hhonors floor, not executive floor) The room was nice, bed was comfortable and housekeeping did a great job. My one complaint would be the mold/black spots in the shower caulking. I think it's unavoidable in Guam due to humidity and mold issues, I got used to it. Also, my remote didn't work but it was fixed promptly upon request.
*If you have an Apple product your wifi may be intermittent as they have issues with their set-up and compability of Apple products. An internet contractor came to my room to try to fix the issue but said it was a ongoing issue. I had wifi some days in the room but was able to pick-up everywhere else in the hotel due to lower security settings.
The Executive Lounge on 7th floor (available to Gold/Diamond members) was AWESOME. Beautiful view, AWESOME staff! Without the staff and the amenities here I would have had a different review of this hotel. Breakfast is offered daily (basic meat/cheese, salads, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, breakfast pastry, etc) I chose to dine downstairs at the Buffet most days because it's excellent! However, the evening reception offered from 5-8:30pm was outstanding. Complimentary beverages and light appetizers. (Veggies, fruit, dumplings, sandwiches, etc) The majority of my 'new friends' were met here throughout the 3 week stay! The staff learn your name and greet you upon arrival each time. Ariel is the best server and memorized my drink order (and everyone elses) after my first time in the lounge! He's friendly, hardworking and ALWAYS smiling. :-) The staff at the desk were quick to have my remote replaced and the internet contractor called upon my initial complaint. I can't express how great the Lounge staff were (are).
(When I approached the Front Desk Staff in the lobby about my Wifi problems they (2 people) proceeded to tell me that I did not have Wifi and it's not offered in the hotel without an Ethernet cord.) They talked to me like I didn't know what I was talking about after I had been using the Wifi for the past week! I'm not sure who informs them of the available amenities to guest rooms but they need a refresher course.) Thankful for the Exec Lounge staff! :)
The pool area is very nice but you must get there early to reserve a spot. As it is a popular tourist destination for nearby countries and the chairs fill-up quickly. The bar staff will walk around during the afternoon and serve drinks/food poolside. My favorite part of the outdoor amenities was the snorkeling. Tumon Bay is directly down the steps from the hotel and has BEAUTIFUL snorkeling. I went to K-mart to purchase a snorkel set for my 3 week visit. The hotel rents them for $20/day. The bay is shallow so you can walk all the way out and snorkel!
The hotel is located on the main 'hotel zone' of Tumon Bay and near restaurants/bars/clubs. They also have taxis and shuttle available for use. Parking at the hotel is free.
Tree Bar-The bar at the pool area of the hotel is great. The bartenders (Pat) are great and take care of you. Every night the area next to the pool bar hosts a Polynesian Show. Instead of buying the buffet tickets for the dinner/show, I would grab a drink at the Tree Bar with friends to watch the show. It's entertaining.
Fitness Center-HUGE for a hotel. It smelled a little mildewy...but again it's hard to control in Guam. The locker rooms are very nice with sauna and steam room! I enjoyed the fitness center, a lot!
The giftshop/store is very expensive and I would suggest buying whatever you need/want from K-Mart which is just up the street from the hotels.
Breakfast buffet has excellent food!!! I didn't eat any other meals at the hotel but they do offer a themed buffet everynight for dinner from $29.95-39.95. (The menu changes daily).
The elevators in the Premier tower are LOUD. It took a few days for me to adjust and I had to wear ear plugs everynight to sleep. If you're a light sleeper I would request a room AWAY from elevators--resulting in no view of the Bay.
Also, the SPA was under renovation while I was staying at the hotel. It's supposed to be opening Fall 2012..so any day now! (If not already)
Overall, I had an excellent stay at this property and it's credited to the genuinely NICE staff and people in Guam. I loved my stay and didn't want to leave! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beach overlooking scenic Tumon Bay, the Hilton Guam Resort and Spa has an idyllic location on Guam, only a ten-minute drive from Guam International Airport, three minutes from the tourist district and ten minutes from the capital of Agana. Take in stunning views of Tumon Bay and Two Lovers Point from one of Guam's only infinity pools. The Resopa Water Park features a whirlpool spa, waterslide, children's pool, watersports pool and an infinity pool. Try out watersports and snorkeling at the private beach club or enjoy a lesson from a pro on one of five floodlit tennis courts. Stay fit at The Wellness Center with a full range of quality cardiovascular and strength equipment and a timetable of exercise classes or be pampered with a treatment at Spa Ayualam. Be tempted by one of the resort's five restaurants serving up award winning seafood, Hawaiian fusion cuisine and international meals. Savor a taste of the ocean at Fisherman's Cove. Simply choose from the tempting seafood offering and the chef will cook it perfectly. The unique and fun dining experience has won the Guam Visitors' Bureau award for 'Most Outstanding Local Tourism Facility.' Sample the cuisines of the world at the international buffet theme nights at Islander Terrace or taste the tropics at Tree Bar with an exotic cocktail to enjoy while overlooking Tumon Bay. With two wedding chapels, eight meeting rooms, computer workstations in the lobby, and internet the Hilton Guam Resort & Spa hotel is the perfect beachfront location for a beautiful wedding or an important business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Guam Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Guam Hotel Tumon
- Hilton Hotel Guam
- Hilton International Tumon
- Hilton Tumon
- Tumon Hilton
- Hilton Guam Resort & Spa South Pacific