I stayed a the Hyatt Guam for 3 weeks on business. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I was concerned about either mold or loud ACs. I'm happy to say my room at the Hyatt was a welcome "home" after long days working. The room is much larger than the photos, always a perfect temperature, with lovely view (6th floor), huge bathroom with shutter doors to reveal the view, and quiet AC.
Breakfast and in-room Internet was included in my hotel rate (be sure to ask for that package). I have to comment on the full breakfast buffet: fantastic assortment of hot foods including fresh grilled fish and vegetables (best grilled veggies I've ever had -- wish I knew how they did it), salads, fruit, in house baked breads and pastries, fresh waffles and pancakes. The real testament to detail were the apples! I grabbed one each morning on my way out of the buffet area to have as a snack later: every single one was crisp and fresh (hey, I'm from WA state -- I can't tolerate a mealy apple). Only wish I could eat more! The service was equally impressive--after a few days the wait staff knew to bring me green tea before I asked. I ate at the evening buffet twice and it was equally excellent, and actually not a bad deal at $39 when you consider how much you get.
The lobby and interior of the hotel is a modern, clean design. Fitness room was well-equipped and never busy. Pool area was pleasant, although I would have appreciated more attention from wait-staff. Picked up my rental car at the Avis desk there at the hotel. Parking was free and always plentiful.
The hotel is on the "hotel road" in Tumon, which has the Hilton on one end and another hotel whose name escapes me on the other. Location was great and I wish I would have explored the smaller restaurants (non-chains) on the southern end of this road. I happened to walk that direction on my last day and noticed Thai, Chinese and noodle places that looked good. On the northern end of this hotel strip-semi circle are the big DFS and luxury goods stores -- if you have a need for an expensive Fendi bag. Otherwise, for regular purchases, you're a very short drive or free-shuttle away from the Macy's at Micronesia Mall or the K-mart.
Wish I could have stayed longer to explore the Island more. I would definitely stay at the Hyatt again.. By the way, two of my colleagues stayed at the Hilton and liked it.
Yes the hotel is a little dated, but the room felt plenty modern....after all this is Guam, not Hawaii. But this hotel is probably similar to the Hyatt Regency in Kaanapli when you compare the grounds (but not the open air lobby -- too humid in Guam for that!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Guam is Guam’s premium destination resort located in a prime 150-meter beachfront site in the heart of Tumon Bay and Guam’s popular shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Guam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Guam Hotel Tumon
- Hyatt Regency Tumon
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Guam
- Hyatt Tumon
- Hyatt Regency Guam South Pacific