“SHAME ONLY!”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
St. Petersburg, Russia
“SHAME ONLY!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I can't stand old hotels. But, sometimes, almost no choice. Like in Guam. The hotel from 70s never had a reconstruction or simply never been renovated. Terrible room and floor smell like fish market. Cheap stainy carpets. Military. Japanese tourists. Only in-lobby wi-fi.
Location is nice - in the middle of everywhere, but we were happy to leave this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank alexzhdanov

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Hyatt Regency has nice rooms, good service, and excellent selection of pools and oceanside seating. THere is great snorkeling right off the beach. The breakfast buffet is good, although at times quite busy. The location is good for walking to restaurants in Tumon. On the negative side, the hallway carpets have seen better days, and need to be replaced soon. Overall, recommended for couples of families.

Room Tip: ALl rooms seem to face the ocean
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 99protraveler99
Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I have dined in their restaurants for a number of times, and we've yet to be disappointed. But we never had the time to experience their hotel. So when we finally had the chance for an r&r, we decided to go for a splurge and chose Hyatt amongst any other in Tumon. And we were quite disappointed that Hyatt did live to its name.

We made a booking in advance via e-concierge for a weekend holiday, and I tried to make our r&r extra special. So I requested for the following upon check-in: loose flower petals on the bed, extra pillows, cheese platter, and champagne, and had confirmation for all. When my husband and I arrived, the room only had the extra pillows and the loose flower petals-- The rest were not even delivered even after I inquired with the front desk. It took us about four phone calls to the front desk, a talk with the manager (who btw was the person that confirmed all my requests from the e-concierge), and a trip in the pool before everything arrived. By then the cheese platter was dry and the champagne was just stared to cool. Although we were eventually not charged for it and the manager was apologetic, it was not the r&r start I anticipated.

The view from the room, I must admit, was very nice. It captivated the "island resort" feel. The room size was quite big but nothing too special. The bathroom had a good size and the lay out was very convenient even for a family of four. Mind you Hyatt has been around for awhile now, so carpet stains (both in the hallway and in the bedroom) were visible and the lamps had electrical problems (one desk lamp couldn't be turned-on and one side lamp was flickering). But we didn't expect a 'funky' smell in the fridge (we didn't bother to put anything in it) and the bed to be below par--the bed was terribly hard; both my husband and I kept on tossing and turning which made us awake for most of the night!. Consequently we did have the r&r I expected for us to have...

We will still go back to enjoy Hyatt's restaurants but not for their hotel room. It was disappointing and not worth our money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rosie671
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stay 2 nights there, nice beach and clean room is good for family with child to visit. If you want to have a nice beach view, lower floor will make you dispointment.

• Stayed July 2012
Dededo, Mariana Islands
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Cons -
Stained carpet in Hallways
Marks all over walls.
Windows were dirty, with nasty film on the shower, mirror and windows.
Lampshades were stained.
Very dusty!
Stained furniture.
Fancy toilet sprayer didn't work.
Light bulbs were out.
You can hear everything in the room next door. (For us, it was Japanese guys who stayed up all night partying-- because you could hear them puking at 5am. Flushing their toilets, shutting their doors and jumping on their bed.)
No sheets.

Pros-
Decent sized room.
Beach view from Tub.
Decent sized balcony.
Pool was great!
Nice beach!
Service wasn't too bad.

I could not believe how nasty this hotel was. We only stayed one night and I was spotting dirt, stains and just pure laziness of the housekeepers. Walking into the hotel, it is quite beautiful but as you go to your room you will be surprised. As we were walking down the hall I noticed the multitude of stains on the carpet. Just in the hallway! One stain looked as if it was vomit. An ironing board sat out in the hallway all day and night including the following day. We had a few issues with our keys too. For the amount you spend they could at least hire competent people to clean thoroughly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank k b
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Guam was sonewhere i never thought of going until a friend mentioned it to me. I went with two friends and we had a marvelous, happy, fun time. The Hyatt was just what we were looking for, service was excellent, location fabulous.....no need to leave the hotel if you didn't want too. The people of guam and the island itself was very warm and welcoming. Very laid back and on" island time" which we found reflreshing.. We found the shopping exciting and new, the food good and a mix of flavours....but the location was superb!!!! i little gem in the pacific. Booking our return HOLIDAY....

Room Tip: if you choose an ocean view room you won't be disappointed.....I have the sunset photos to prove...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My family was recently stayed here for quick 5 night family getaway from Korea (4hrs flight).
This is our second time in 1 year and we love staying at the Hyatt with perfect location, private beach and mostly because we have stayed at other hotels in Guam and Hyatt is still the best.

Our last time here we did not have any problem but this time we basically has NO service!
When we asked for something simple as pot to brew hot water we had to ask three times but at the end I went and picked it up my self.....along with other cases where we got no responses or took several request.

We had 2 very large suites with private balcony and access to club lounge. The rooms are some what outdated but I could tell from all the remodeling going around that rooms were getting upgraded. We got stuck in middle of renovations with no warning from front desk or even mention of it. We had 2 rooms on the 10th and 11th floor with possibly best view in Guam.

I highly recommed paying little more for suite if you are coming here with a family or simply want a very large space. Hope you have better luck than us with their customer seervice and terrible management. I have to believe their management failed because employees of the hotel do not lead but follow their leaders.

Room Tip: Pay little more and get a suite and ask for renovated room on a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family