I booked the Bayview on the basis of its location and the fact it looked to be a reasonable hotel at a reasonable price, certainly compared to what are predominantly higher end options in Tumon.
Generally speaking I have no complaints, and it served its purpose for my 2 day stay in Guam.
The room (10th floor) was large and spacious, clean, with a small fridge (no mini bar items provided), large TV (very limited tv channels, and the picture quality was appalling), a large comfortable bed and a reasonable (though quite small, certainly in comparison to the rest of the room) bathroom.
The room had a balcony, though I believe all rooms do.
Wifi was free and the signal in my room was great.
Generally it was fine, but it was most certainly dated, worn carpets, infact worn probably best describes the decor in general and its in need of a refurb. The toilet roll holder had a built in ashtray, which speaks volumes (an antique nowadays).
I didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment in that respect, infact on the basis I was out early each day and not back until late in the evening my comments are limited to the room, the check in/out lobby staff (who were very friendly and very helpful) and the airport transfer (US style mini bus/van) which was prompt/reliable.
The transfer driver (Tony, a very friendly Filipino gentleman) has a car/taxi of his own and offers island tours.
Its no more than a 5 to 10 minute walk to the main strip of Tumon bay, though the walk back (up a reasonably steep hill) takes it out of you after a few beers!
All in all, in light of its location and reasonable rates I would return, but I'm hopeful the rooms will be refurbished sooner rather than later, else customers such as myself will start to pay a little more and stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Tumon Bay, guests can unwind in their private balconies as they watch the beautiful ocean water and stunning sunset. Guests looking to enjoy the sites can venture out to the Pleasure Island Strip, where world class shopping, restaurants, bars, and local attractions can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Bayview Hotel Guam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ohana Bayview Guam Tumon
- Ohana Bayview Guam Hotel Tumon
- Bayview Hotel Guam South Pacific