“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pika's Cafe

Pika's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 138 Restaurants in Tumon
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Fusion
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pika's Cafe serves unique local food for breakfast and lunch. Buy local, eat local, support local!
Yigo, Guam
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

They just moved to a larger space in the same complex, looking forward to trying it out. Before it was one of those small places that you had to wait a long time to be seated, but it was totally worth it because of the excellent food. The service is great even when they are busy, and I don't expect that to change because of the new location. The thing about the new location is that it takes away from that exclusive feeling, you felt like you had joined a club or something when you passed the test of waiting patiently to get inside and order...but I think they did the right thing moving to a larger spot. Can't wait to go again!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dustin R

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tamuning, Guam
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eat Local & Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

These folks care a great deal about service and they have a passion for good, fresh food which really comes out in the flavors and quality of their food. I'm a repeat customer and always leave satisfied. They promote locally grown fruits and vegetables which adds to the excellence of their product.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank tasi671
Los Angeles, California
“Hands Down my Favorite Restaurant on Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'd encourage everyone I know to stop by Pika's for lunch or breakfast at least once, that's all you'll need to become a believer. I dropped in on my second day of my trip (thankfully!) and ended up eating here 5 times in 3 weeks. The owner, Lenny, went out of his way to explain the menu to us and how they source their menu locally. I loved that!

My group ordered 5 different dishes and we couldn't get enough, it was so tasty, and left completely satisfied! I remember getting the chorizo pizza, chicken pesto sandwich, ham & cheese sandwich, tinaktak burger, latiya...yum! We also tried samples of their soup of the day and pasta salad. Over the course of our visits, we also tried the Tumon bistro, Kahlua french toast, Papa's breakfast, The Auntie Christy and more.

I'm going to tell you now, I'm actually a little bit of a food snob, and since I live in LA that has only exasperated it. Pika's was really my favorite place because it was Chamorro comfort food, with a gourmet twist. That's hard to pull off, but they did it right. Everything you eat, you'll feel good about. My favorite meal was the Chamericano breakfast wrap and I subbed Chamorro sausage for soy chorizo...I'm sure the Chamorro sausage was tasty but oh my goodness, that wrap was to die for with the chorizo! I'm actually wanting it now as I type this from LA. Trust me, I frequented plenty of restaurants on Guam while I was there and there was no contest, Pika's won every time, for food, price and ambiance.

Go already and you can thank me later! Actually, just thank Lenny & Pika for their inventive, ridiculously good menu. You'll be so happy you did. :)

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Jess671
Tumon, Mariana Islands
“Great Lunch and Breakfast Spot in Tumon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Pika's Cafe is a local cafe set in an unassuming two-story strip mall. They really go out of their way to keep an interesting mix of lunch plates on the menu--a couple of local specials, Tinaktak and Salmon Tinaktak, don't appear on the menu but the helpful waitstaff and kitchen crew will make them for you on request. The salmon tinaktak is a really special find--it is quite tasty and a treat for anyone who hasn't tried it before.

The breakfast burritos here are also extremely good. Frankly, there isn't a bad sandwich or item on the menu. The only downside to Pika's Cafe is that the seating is limited--get there early for lunch or you'll be waiting for a table. They also do take away, which can allow you to get around the wait for a table.

Visited August 2012
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
“Inventive coffee house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

they have inventive items on the menu using local produce. Portions are generous and price is decent :)

Visited March 2012