“spotty experience, will give it a second try.....”
Review of Singapura - CLOSED

Singapura
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Dining experience last evening was mixed with highs and lows. Staff was very friendly & welcoming. Definately would be a place you could take a date or your family with children. Ordering red wine was difficult, as they were out of three wines on the list by the glass. This may just be an island problem, but disappointing. Might be worth updating the menu. Appetizer of chicken wings prepared with a spicy sauce was outstanding. Perfectly crisp and sauced. My husband chose a braised beef dish that honestly tasted okay once you got over the weird smell, not sure how to describe it, but we both noticed it immediately. I thoroughly enjoyed my enjoyed my shrimp with spicy chili sauce, once I was served. My food came much after my husband received his. Not a perfect experience, but enough to make a return visit.

1  Thank ValorieJRH

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Admirably urgent and innovative for a hotel restaurant.

1  Thank lat13
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The red modern decor certainly adds to the festive time you're sure to have at Singapura. My friends and I shared the appetizer of mussels cooked in butter and garlic. It was aromatic and tender. I chose the pork chop as my entree topped with a delicious black pepper and shitake mushroom sauce. I will definitely go back again to try the other dishes!!

2  Thank Jolyn964
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I definitely would like to return again to this casual restaurant and try other dishes that I didn't have a chance to eat, since the restaurant has a pretty extensive menu to choose from.

Among the dishes we ate, my favorite was the BBQ spareribs cooked in a marinade that had coffee as one of the ingredients. The ribs were absolutely delicious. We were a party of 4 and shared the ribs among ourselves. Next time I have a chance to go, I want a whole order just for myself. (They were that good!)

Singapura's version of Singapore's signature dish, Hainan Chicken, was flavorful and moist, as it should be. The serving came with three dipping sauces for additional flavor. The only negative point was the lack of cilantro, which is a standard condiment always served in Singapore to give a little more taste to the dish.

The mie goreng were spicier than I had imagined but were still very good. You'll really enjoy them if you like food on the spicy side.

The only disappointment was the Singapore sling, which was quite sweet, and unfortunately, in terms of taste, didn't even come close to the original served at the Raffles Hotel in Singapore. At this restaurant, I would stick to standard drinks like Tiger Beer.

I highly recommend this restaurant if you want a change of pace from Chinese and Thai food, and would like to experience a different style of Asian cuisine instead.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great food, menu selections, and service! Would definately go back for more. The Manager--John was very hospitable and informative. Chicken rice was excellent! In my top 3 favorite restaurants on Guam.

2  Thank John E