“Good service but not consistent”

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #3 of 126 Restaurants in Tamuning
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cocos Island, Mariana Islands
“Good service but not consistent”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We ate here one night and it was one of the best places for service we have had in a while. We visited the next week and the food was horrible, under cooked and didn't come out together. The service was nowhere to be seen and slow.

Visited January 2012

• Korean first
Tumon, Mariana Islands
“Manager made an effort to cook me a vegetarian meal”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I went to the Lone Star restaurant with some colleagues. I am a vegetarian. I was asking the waiter what kinds of combinations he could offer me, since nothing on the menu was vegetarian. He sent the manager out. The manager was more than willing to combine ingredients from different dishes off the menu that I requested. He put them together in an artful and delicious way. He even came out mid-meal to ask how my meal was. I was very pleased with my vegetarian meal at a "steakhouse".

• Visited January 2012
Tumon, Mariana Islands
“Lone Star”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Great steaks! near Tamuning Mayor's office, and gpo

Visited December 2011
1 Thank RayHackett
Springfield, Virginia
“For homesick Yankees in need of a steak”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Lone Star is popular with the local business community. It has a good location, acceptable prices, and one of the best steaks served on Guam (outside of the military bases). The food actually improves during Lent, when most of the local population abstains from meat and Lone Star offers "Lenten specials." However, be advised that (1) wealthy Japanese who visit Guam are familiar with high-quality steak and are willing to pay for it...at the steakhouses in the Tumon hotels, and (2) any good steakhouse in the US can be better than Lone Star because their beef is not shipped in from 4,000 miles away. But, if you need a steak, can't go to the Officer's Clubs, and don't want to pay $100 for dinner at the Marriott, then this might be the place for a visit.

• Visited May 2010
1 Thank Formerly_on_Guam
Dededo
“Lone Star is a rip off!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I took my wife there for our Honeymoon dinner. I ordered the steak dish and the steak and lobster dish. Neither one had much taste at all. I felt totally ripped off. I should have stayed home and cooked her meal myself. I could have done a much better job as an armature. If you want good tasting steak DO NOT GO HERE!! Pathetic food really.

2 Thank LocalOutsider