“Very very disappointed elite member”

Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Dededo
“Very very disappointed elite member”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

As I said about my previous review here, that I'm a regular at this hotel, I stay here at least 2-3 times a month. I recently found out about their Presidential Suite, and requested that for my second night I be upgraded to it, just for one night and make them consider that I'm an elite member and a regular one also. While I was at the front desk waiting to check in, I see the Manager (Japanese guy) not even glancing at me or smiling while he is helping out other guests, he's literally avoiding me. Wont even welcome someone or greet an elite regular. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED. I felt so shunned, because he literally could've been talking to me, instead of telling the front desk agent about the info on upgrade. When checked in I called and a very helpful front desk agent, said that the manager won't upgrade me for free. It's not just this, its how unprofessional he handled the situation, if you already knew about my request, and I'm there, as a manager of an SPG property, please talk to your elite guest and don't make them feel this ever again. If you say no, and tell me respectfully and with a smile, I'd say thank you. I just wanted to try. That's not how you treat loyal members that spend thousands of dollars each year staying in SPG properties. Utter crap.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. If not for the friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank kdrew908
Amilyn S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear kdrew908,

With my sincerest apology, I hope to be opportune of welcoming you back to us. We may not be able to extend the Presidential Suite, but perhaps one of our Ocean Front Corner Suite where you can enjoy your private outdoor jet spa overlooking the ocean with a glass of sparkling wine as you enjoy one of the most breathtaking sun-set ever. Please contact me directly when the time comes. From our Sheraton Family to Yours, I wish you the very best that 2014 may bring! Thank you for being one of our loyal guests.
Ami Salas, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week in order to scuba dive on Guam. The location was not particularly convenient for a beach resort - there was no beach to speak of, just some very rocky/coral leading to the bay/sea that had to be accessed by steep treacherous steps. It was not really walking distance from any restaurants or shopping, so we needed a rental car. Nevertheless, it was close to our dive shop. The room was decent. We had an ocean view with a balcony which was convenient for drying our scuba gear. The only negative was the tub/shower, which had a cheap shower head that pretty much guaranteed the bathroom floor would be covered with water after every shower. The fitness center was decent. There were enough free weights and machines to get a decent strength workout as well as a good selection of cardio equipment. In the bay it was possible to snorkel or kayak. The snorkeling was pretty good considering that Guam has virtually no fishing regulations and is therefore massively overfished - lots of triggerfish, butterflyfish, blue stars, etc. Unfortunately there was no stand-up paddle rental, although the surf instructor rented me his board for an hour since it was low tide. The executive lounge was spacious and had a decent selection of food and drinks in the evening (although breakfast was not good at all - horrible bacon and sausage, dry eggs, cheap pastries). They also had a bar on the lobby floor with a barista that made Starbucks coffee - including frappucinos. This is evidently very difficult to find on the island. The guest laundry was also nice to have. The best thing about the hotel was the staff. Everyone was friendly, cheerful, and helpful. A lot of the staff also spoke Japanese or Korean, and it was nice to be able to communicate in multiple languages. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There is a guest laundry on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrequentIndia
Amesva001, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear FrequentIndia,
Thank you so much for a wonderful feedback about us during your stay with us. It was a very brief stay with us but I am glad that you are able to enjoy our Sheraton Hospitality with a touch of our Island Hafa Adai Spirit. Please let me know the next time you visit us. I will look forward to welcome you back to us again soon!
Happy Holidays.
Tokyo
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The staff are really friendly and the price is pretty good and consistant with the Sheraton brand hotels. The breakfast buffet has a lot of choices. It over looks the ocean and is not on the beach, so there are no beach activities although they do have 2 pools. If you are a couple or older the good thing is there are not a lot of kids running around. The facility is a little on the older side, and if the Air Conditioner is not on the room may get a little mildew smell and it could use some touch ups here an there. It is not within walking distance in Guam heat to any shopping or eating, even convenience stores is a drive away, so be sure to buy your water and snacks before you return back to your room. DO NOT bother with the late night room service menu there are few choices and the food was not good, very regretable.

Room Tip: The Ocean view rooms are really nice, and you wont have the sun waking you up too early in the morni...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Biz G
Dear Biz G,

My sincere appreciation for your valued time to share your experience about us. Yes, you are right about our location. No beach but many of our guests value the serenity and its exclusive location. It becomes a great escape. We have our Sheraton Adventure Activities that you can definitely enjoy while staying with us. I hope you will be able to experience several of these activities should you find your way to us again in the future. I do hope to welcome you back at The Sheraton someday.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed 3 nights on the SPG floor (lvl 6) facing the pool. Booked directly from the website and the process is very efficient with just a few clicks.
Pros:
-very spacious & clean room, with a balcony giving a magnificent view of the infinity pool, superbly beautiful chapel and the sea
-big & comfortable bed and pillows, with a big chill-out round sofa at a corner of the room (something nice which I had not seen in other hotels even though I stayed in numerous hotels across the world 50% of the year)
- highlight of the hotel, the infinity pool lived up to its name… no matter whether you are swimming, chilling or photo-taking, this place is one where you don’t want to miss
-would like to compliment the BBQ buffet dinner manager (on duty on 29 Oct), Renato, for his excellent service. We had a very enjoyable evening celebrating my boyfriend’s birthday. Renato truly makes us enjoyed the Sheraton experience.

Cons:
-located at the end of a corner of a small road (off the main road), this hotel may be hard to find
-no sandy beach (you can access the sea via this staircase from the side of the infinity pool, but it’s just the cliffs and the ocean)
-no porter at the entrance, I have to carry my luggage myself to the check-in then to the room & check-out
-BBQ buffet dinner at USD60+ is exorbitantly expensive given the lack of variety of food (no seafood). There’s only rice, duck, chicken, a wrap containing fish+scallop (which runs out superbly quick with slow refill), salad, cakes and fruits.
-The Sheraton Adventure program was not communicated to us, neither is it published anywhere in the hotel, hence we did not know of this and regretfully missed out on it. I believed this is something that the management should look into.
-not accessible to the main happening area (Tumon) unless you drive or take the expensive trolley bus at US$4 per trip
-wifi only in lobby, internet in room only via cable connection

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jun_Alicia
Dear Jun_Alicia,
Thank you for sharing your stay experience about us. I hope to have the chance to welcome you and your boyfriend back to us again in the near future.

Thank you for mentioning the Sheraton Adventure Program. We now have the poster in our elevator so our guests can see it and we are putting more information in our guest rooms about several of our activities available in the hotel.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions regarding Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort for your future visit.

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes through the New Coming Year!
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 25, 2013

After staying at the Guam Hilton several times and being severly disappointed, my first stay at the Sheraton Laguna was like a breath of fresh air. I actually was greeted upon arrival and it was genuine. The check-in process was fast and efficient, and so was the check-out.

The room I had was a decent size, and it was very clean with no mold growing in the shower, ceilings and around corners (Sorry Guam Hilton). My bed was very comfy, and after a long flight that had made a big difference. I felt refreshed and revived and I was fully ready to take in what Guam had to offer.

If I had any complaints, it would have to be that the hotel was initialy hard to find at 3 am in the morning; I took a few missed turns before I got to the lobby/parking lot.

Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Morgan L
Amesva001, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Morgan L,
Thank you for sharing your great comment about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your time. I hope to see you again soon and have the chance to welcome you back in Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort personally.

Best wishes and have a great holiday season.
Amilyn Salas, Director of Sales
Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here for the fourth time as I visit my company's office in Guam a couple time each year. Really do enjoy this hotel. Got a club level room again...which I highly recommend to all travelers. The nice suite is very well appointed and it's a great room to stretch out and relax...either to watch a little TV on the "living room" side, or when time for bed. Spotlessly clean with a great tub for those who want to soak awhile before bed.
Views from my room were great.
Nice thing with the club level is the complimentary breakfast each morning...and a evening meal, with beer and wine, most evenings in the Club Lounge.
Staff was always friendly and helpful.
Looking forward to my next stay this December.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Amesva001, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Jeff A,

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort again soon. Thank you for your continued loyalty. And remember to provide us your SPG number on your next visit.

See you very soon!
All my best,
Amilyn Salas
Director of Sales
Singapore
Reviewed September 22, 2013

It was my first trip to attend the island famous church wedding and I have not sign up as a trip advisor but I would like to share, this was a very good experience as I could not find any nice photos of guam. Stayed for 2 days in Sheraton laguna before moving to Hilton resort, love the sun rise view and scenic from the room. Breakfast was good, bed was comfortable and shower room was quite spacious for a deluxe room. Planning to go back guam soon and would definitely book this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hafa Adai and Hello from Guam Cheryllblossom!

Thank you for staying with us. I hope to welcome you back personally on your next stay in Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort. And next time, share your moments with us by enjoying our Sheraton Adventure Program. See you very soon!

Amilyn Salas
Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Hotel Nikko Guam
Hotel Nikko Guam
#4 of 20 in Tumon
Dusit Thani Guam Resort

Been to Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort? Share your experiences!