“Watch out for the roaches!”

Days Inn Guam-Tamuning
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed here because it was close to the airport for our layover. It was bad...The bathroom was not clean and very old. The worst though is when I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I turned on the lights and guess what I saw? Roaches running all over the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
8  Thank jpuso2001

Reviewed June 20, 2010

This hotel was amazing. It was clean and quiet. We booked a room with two queen beds for four people. We had a mini fridge in the room, two bottles of water and coffee and tea making facilities. The bathroom was large and VERY clean. They had water in the entrance way that you could fill up your bottles with. In the morning I went down to the lobby to use the FREE internet and Magic Jack and there was free coffee and donuts. NICE. I got to telephone home on the internet. How cool is that. We even got transferred for free to and from the airport. All this for a whopping $78.00 US via www.hotels.ca . I would recommend this hotel to anybody. Good value, good people.

If you go downstairs and to the right about 2 minute walk there is a variety store where you can buy food, beer, and any other items you may need.

RESTAURANT

If you do go to Guam you HAVE to go to the Horse and Cow http://horseandcow.com/guam.html . It is a great place. Good food, awesome atmosphere. I got a burger that was HUGE. I had to take half of it back to the hotel. My friends ordered some $1.00 tacos and they said they were great. My hubby ordered hot chicken wings but they weren’t hot enough so our server brought us some suicide sauce and then it was perfect. They have happy hour from 4-7 PM, two for one drinks. The staff was awesome and everybody in my group had a great time. We played pool for about an hour and then walked back to our hotel. It was about a 15 minute walk to the Days Inn.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Was there for 5 nites. In making my reservation on-line, I was informed that if I wanted to check -in early (4AM flight arrival from Manila), I would be charged $25 - which I was OK with. After receiving my bill, that extra charge was not made. Staff was very helpful, and efficient. Free Airport shuttle (a pleasant man) was there waiting for me when my flight arrived, and returned me upon departure. Also free phone and internet use. Rooms appear old and dingy, in need of renovation. As one other review pointed out, I found hot water difficult to find - it appeared only luke-warm in the late afternoons/evenings, but nice and hot early AM and on weekends when usage was most likely down. Surprisingly, hot water - though not plentiful in the shower - was abundant thru the sink??? Water dripped slowly from the ceiling in the bathroom. Some electrical fixtures did not work. The shower fixtures badly need to be up-dated, and the water pressure is very weak. The a/c performed very well. Excellent location for me - some good restaurants nearby (Denny's), and shopping (K-Mart). Though in need of renovation, I would stay there again on future visits.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank siambkk
Reviewed January 31, 2010

If you are looking for a cheap, clean place to rest for a couple of days this will suffice. If you are on a romantic trip look further. Was there for 2 nights, it was obvious that the rooms were excellent originally. But the remodeling and repair was not up to standard. Poor paint job and repair of ceiling leak. Also poor interior color coordination.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Reviewed January 5, 2010

Reviewed January 4, 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Wyndham Garden Guam
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam
Verona Resort & Spa
Verona Resort & Spa
#17 of 20 in Tumon

Been to Days Inn Guam-Tamuning? Share your experiences!