“Served Its Purpose”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
manila
“Served Its Purpose”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good points about the hotel: airport transfer was easy to spot as we left baggage claim area, Albert (driver) had a sign of Days Inn and was friendly during the short drive to the hotel. Hotel is near airport, big room with two queen beds and basic amenities (flat screen tv, ref, microwave, phone, toiletries, coffee/tea, hairdryer, safe, iron and board); free 30- minute calls to Mainland and use of internet on 2 phones and 2 computers; hot and cold water dispenser and paper cups in lobby; and convenience store across the street.

Negative points: no view since far from beach, breakfast is served in sister hotel Ramada down the road, no pool, you have to get hot water in lobby for coffee, would be easy to get around Guam if you have a car.

Overall, it served our purpose as a place to stay/sleep especially since other hotels were already booked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rachel p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

only cheap. officer in front desk is not kind. i am writing this review in this hotel. And, a bed is not clean, I couldnt use the blanket.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank jungsajang
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel is great. Me and my boyfriend has been staying here for the last 5 days and will be leaving in another 2 days. On our arrival, the hotel arranged for our pick up at 4.30am and the lady at the reception was great in allowing us to check in early. The room is comfortable and has cable tv.Housekeeping is good as they change our towels everyday.Location is good. To Guam Premium Outlet (GPO) takes about 15-20mins walk, K-Mart about 25mins and the Hilton by Tumon Bay about 25mins (we love to walk). You can also opt to take the trolley from GPO fpr $4 one way trip/ $30 for a 5 day pass.
I will definately come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stopped overnight, convenient to airport (free shuttle on the hour). Had a 2 queen bed share room for about 120 with taxes. It was clean, spacious and a good large tv. There was a selection of pillows on the beds of different sizes which meant I could find one the right thickness for me.
Find the window into the bathroom a bit odd (probably for light) - its not really see through but just something you might worry about if sharing with a work colleague.
I was tired so slept well and didn't notice any noise.
Staff were very friendly, didn't get out and about in the area so cant comment on anything else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn from 19 to 31 December (my husband is stationed on the island and I was visiting for the holidays). The front staff was friendly (if seemingly unable to assist with our issues) and the house cleaning staff was also nice and did a good job - even bringing us fresh towels late one day. The room was basically fine in itself - free wifi was nice, refrigerator and microwave came in handy. The pillows were flat and hard (thankful we could borrow the ones from my husband's quarters), the bathroom was moldy in places, and we did see a few roaches during our stay. If that had been all there was, I would have rated it much higher - and it truly would have been a bargain. However, our stay was horrible! The walls (or the doors connecting rooms) are thin so you can hear everything your neighbors do - any sound they make. The bathrooms are even worse for sound as you can hear your neighbors next door as well as those above you. The patio door didn't have a lock - but perhaps that it was very hard to move was supposed to be security enough. The front/main door to the room is also thin and you can hear every sound in the hallways as well as the central parking courtyard that the building/rooms are built around. That means every car that pulls in, every door slam, every honk, every ding of the elevator, every room door that closes, every person that sneezes even - you hear it all!! We could even hear noise from the road even though we were at the back of the building. And, now that you know that, the worst of it all -- there was construction on the first floor! (Apparently in what was once a restaurant, based on other reviews and photos) This construction occurred basically every day of our stay - including weekends (perhaps they didn't work Christmas). This construction would start at 7:30 in the morning - with hammering and chipping away at stone/concrete/something, saws buzzing and buzzing, and all kinds of other work. The room door basically did nothing to block these sounds - nothing! We would have gotten the same amount of peace (and sleep) with the door wide open with this racket going on! I will never stay at this hotel again - the price is great for Guam, but it just isn't worth it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CME77
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here on business for 4 nights due to lack of affordable rooms anywhere in Guam. And unfortunately I was disappointed. I travel to Guam about 4 to 6 times a year and I usually don't review but I had to make an exception. The shower stall was moldy, especially the mat. I had to wear slippers to shower and I had a dead roach in the room and they did not see it for the whole stay, I wanted to see if they would catch it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MiyagiFamily
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Somebody was supposed to pick me up at the airport. I stayed 2 hours there waiting until a friendly lady called the hotel and she even drove me there! The excuse was "It is in the schedule, I don't know what happened". Also, the driver called Mike is not professional at all, he was supposed to pick me up at DFS at 9 and never showed up. I had to take a taxi! And sometimes when he did pick me up, he went to do some personal things while I was there! Once he went first to K-mart, to a gas station to buy some things while I was there! And he was always doing things like that! Really, how come someone can work and be so unprofessional?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DANIEL A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Wyndham Garden Guam
#3 of 11 in Tamuning
Verona Resort & Spa
Verona Resort & Spa
#17 of 20 in Tumon

Been to Days Inn Guam-Tamuning? Share your experiences!