“Cheap and friendly staffs!”

Days Inn Guam-Tamuning
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed for a week for my exam in Guam as well for a quick vacation. The room was spacious and they clean the room almost everyday. Me and my boyfriend rented a car for a week to go places and explore the whole island. The hotel is quite peaceful at night except the brown out in the morning and waking us up with a hot room and I appreciate that they resolved it right away. We were picked up at the airport upon arrival and drove us to the airport until we left with their friendly driver. I am happy with the service and you dont need to spend a fortune to be in a expensive hotel since there's a quick route going to their public beach. I suggest to rent a car while in Guam since the famous landmarks are quite far. Plus the traffic is not even that bad.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Had to be on Guam for a Government business meeting and stayed at the Days Inn. Picked up at the airport on time, check in was a breeze, staff was always willing to help with directions, restaurant suggestions, everything. Fantastic stay. Wished the trip lasted a week instead of just 2 days. Always gave front desk staff ice cream bars for being so helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob H
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The hotel provides the very basic amenities needed. I liked the hotel because they provided free airport shuttle, free wifi, the rooms were spacious and clean and they let us check out late. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the outlet mall and other restaurants like Chilis.

Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Airs C
Reviewed January 10, 2012

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful! The room was spacious and clean. I read other reviews that stated the room was noisy, but we did not have that problem. It was silent and easy to sleep. I love the fact that this hotel starts the "stay" at the time of check in and adjusts the check out time accordingly. This is extremely helpful for "stopover" travel.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a "daily" rental car.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank xanaduyas
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for just a few days before we moved off island - the only reason we chose this location was that we'd been told they accept cats (the two other "pet friendly" hotels only allow dogs). I had made my reservations through Wyndham and they did not communicate our pet reservation to the hotel, so we had an issue right upon check in. It turns out that there are only TWO pet friendly rooms in this hotel, despite the pets accepted policy posted on the internet. This was not mentioned by the Wyndham reservation agent and I was not directed to call the local property (as many other hotels require). Luckily, I was able to work this out with the front desk agent but I was really disappointed and frustrated before it was over!
We also found the parking area to be much too small! The hotel shares the tiny space with a car rental agency, a restaurant and a construction office - it was very difficult to find any parking and just about any time of day!
The parking situation also caused a great deal of noise! It was a bad idea to design this hotel as an open atrium above the parking area! We also had a room on the front of the hotel, so there was also a lot of noise from the street.
We actually found the room itself quite comfortable, with a refrigerator and microwave, and the location didn't bother us very much as we were already familiar with the area. As other posters have noted, you will definitely need a car if you stay here as there is pretty much nothing nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel would be quieter. Call the hotel directly if you have a pet!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel is not close to anything but a gas station. No shopping or beaches. It is behind the airport. The staff is very friendly but that's all this hotel has going for it. The AC was not on in the halls or the elevators and it was extremely hot. The rooms smelled very musty and the rugs were dirty and damp. This hotel could use a total renovation.

• Stayed: May 2011
6  Thank pitgirl70
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Clean rooms, beds average (I prefer a firmer mattress), very courteous and helpful staff. I don't feel like a hotel snob, but I appreciated that it felt newly remodeled and modern. The carpet looked new as did the furniture. When you first walk into the room, you'll be impressed with the place, especially for the price (we paid $65 /nt for 2 queen beds), but as others have commented the walls are thin and do not block out your neighbors very well at all. We were fortunate that ours didn't stay up too late, but even their regular activity (like watching TV) would have kept us up.
Breakfast is a box of Winchell donuts set up on a table on your way out the door and I think some coffee you can make for yourself.
We're pretty price sensitive travelers so have to put up with these kinds of inconveniences. We also stayed at the Royal Orchid which was a bit nicer (and a little outdated) for the same price.
One big bonus with this place was the free wi-fi, which is hard to get on the island. The Royal Orchid wanted $15 /day I think.

Room Tip: Try getting a room that doesn't share a wall with a neighboring room (if possible)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank outsideagent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Wyndham Garden Guam
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam
Verona Resort & Spa
Verona Resort & Spa
#17 of 20 in Tumon

Been to Days Inn Guam-Tamuning? Share your experiences!