“Friendly, Safe, Local and great equipment”

Blue Persuasion Guam
Ranked #5 of 14 Tours in Tamuning
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Blue Persuasion is a dive shop located inside the Hilton Guam Resort and Spa. We offer intro diving (Taiken diving),dive license beginner to dive master. Guided beach and boat dives or combo package. Private tours and charters are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 21, 2014

As my first time diving on Guam I was somewhat at a loss as to which dive shop would be best. I was very happy with Blue Persuasion. They have a great shop located in the Hilton Hotel. Their equipment is the top of the line new well maintained Tusa gear. Above all they strive to give the customer a memorable, SAFE diving experience. Cathy also took extra time to give us ideas as to other Guam activities such as where the locals would go out to eat and which hiking areas are the best.
There are many dive shops in Guam, some may appear cheaper but you may end up with a disappointing time.
My only further suggestion is that they are not the snorkel shop below the pool area. (they may do some beach dives only)The front desk did not know where the shop was located even though it is about 100 feet from them, in the area where other activities can be booked. (Zip line, bus tours etc.) Make sure you call or check out their web site about 1 - 2 weeks before your trip.

There are newer reviews for Blue Persuasion Guam

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Good points:
- TUSA Gears are extremely well-maintained and comfortable. Prices are fairly reasonable.
- Paid USD 300 for dive and boat ride for 2 pax. It was an exclusive dive experience.
- Services provided by Cathy and Ben are professional, warm and friendly.
- My dive was led by Ben and he's a fun and patient instructor. He's able to transfer his passion in diving to his students in an assuring manner.
- Pick-up at hotel lobby was on time.
- A lunch bento is provided after dive which was extremely thoughtful.
- 2 way transport are provided before and after dive.
- Ben is able to converse in fluent English and Cathy is fluent in both Mandarin and English.

Bad points:
- Boat ride might be choppy due to weather. Suggests to bring motion sickness patch or band to make your dive experience complete.
- Shop is located in Hilton hotel, basement level. Turn right when facing the front desk.
- Aircon is car might be cold, bring along towels.
- There are no lockers, suggests to travel light and leave your stuffs in the vehicle/boat.

Students who are not confident in diving, i highly recommend to patronize this shop because of their high professionalism in diving. I will be back to Guam cos of them.

I give a rating of 9/10.

Check out my photos for more information.

1  Thank AIREN
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been to Guam many times and Blue Persuasion is BY FAR the best dive shop on Guam. The equipment for sale is top of the line and even the rental equipment is in tip top shape. The instructors/owners (Ben and Cathy) are very professional and excellent divers. They make diving on Guam very enjoyable and stress free. I am so glad I learned to dive at Blue Persuasion!!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I went in late August to Guam and I was lucky enough to come across Blue Persuasion Dive Shop and I am so lucky and great full that I found them. I dove with both Ben and Cathy who were so knowledgeable and so helpful in my diving experience. I felt like I had my very own personal dive master with me at all times. Not only did they show me where all the cool thing were under water they also gave me great recommendations on food and other activities on the island. Still to this day I can reach Ben or Cathy and they are always helpful when I need info. Great dive shop and great people!

1  Thank Robert E
BluePersuasionBen, Owner at Blue Persuasion Guam, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thanks Bobby,

The best part about being in the dive business is making new friends along the way. You are an awesome diver and we look forward to diving with you again next year. Keep diving brother.

Regards,
Ben

Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you are a beginner then this is the place for you. Both Ben and Cathy are helpful and accommodating. My experience was fantastic. Ben is a very patient teacher and a great coach.
Prices are reasonable for lessons and equipment. Great place to learn diving in Guam. I highly recommend it to new and experienced divers.

1  Thank Kal K

Thanks Kal,

It was a lot of fun diving with you. You were awesome and are a good diver. Keep diving and enjoying the beautiful underwater world.

Regards,