“Superb customer service!”

Wyndham Garden Guam
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Tamuning
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was the first hotel that I have experienced superb customer service, especially when it comes to assisting our Military folks. Normally, at OTHER hotels, the front desk staff checks you in and hands you your room key...pretty much straight to the point, rarely getting a smile from them, or a feeling of genuineness that they are happy that you chose to stay at their facilities. However, the staff at the Ramada Hotel were remarkably super friendly. They took their time to actually explain all the amenities and the different services they have to offer...to include free wifi, long distance stateside calls, a pool, restaurant and mini-shoppette. They even had rental car service and an airport shuttle all in one roof. I'm excited to see how the hotel will be expanding in a couple months to include a gym and spa. One of the managers in particular, Mr. Martin, greeted us with a smile as we walked into the Hotel. He was very personable and professional, making sure that we were well taken care of. I have never received that kind of warm welcome and hospitality anywhere else. Thank you for making our visit a pleasant one. I will definitely refer my fellow Airmen and their families to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank C P
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Hafa Adai CP,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Ramada Hotels & Suites Guam. I am also pleased to inform you that our owners are also military veterans and it's an honor for us to provide our military service members and their family with the highest level of hospitality service.

I am also happy to hear that my team and Mr. Martin provided you with a wonderful customer service. Here at the Ramada Hotel & Suites, we take pride in the successful delivery of our brand promise- "Leave The Rest to Us"

Again, many thanks for recommending us and sharing your experience during this past trip. We look forward to seeing you again in near future and please feel to email me at lisunardi@daysinnguam.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was stuck at the airport because my flight got cancelled due to a tropical storm watch in the area, so I called hotel after hotel in hopes of getting a room but alas everyone was fully booked. I bumped into a driver at the airport from Ramada and asked if they had any rooms for sale. The driver lent me his cellular phone and dialed the number for me. A man named "don" answered the phone and let me know that he could accommodate me even though it was a last minute booking. When I arrived at Ramada Guam the front desk agent who called himself "don" had everything ready for me. All i had to do was give him my photo identification and pay for my room and i was off to a decent nights sleep. For the price, the room was great and "dons" service was more than expected to find at a Ramada Inn. If you're even in Guam and need a room, try the Ramada! I will definitely be staying there again if I ever go back.

Room Tip: ask for a "deluxe" room because it has an outside view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eddie f
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Hafa Adai Eddie f,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Ramada Hotel & Suites Guam.

It is a pleasure to know that our driver was able to assist you in securing a room at our property when your flight was cancelled and you have enjoyed your stay with you.

Here at the Ramada Hotel & Suites, our team as exemplify by Donavan firmly believe that it is our duty to provide all our guests with a warm and highest level of hospitality service throughout their stay. We look forward to see you again soon on your next visit to Guam!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

As part of a construction crew that has stayed in the Ramada Hotel on multiple occasions for extended amount of time it is easy to give this hotel and staff an excellent rating. From the first night stay on Guam the staff has been friendly and helpful to say the least. Their constant help and friendly service has kept us coming back. Clean rooms, clean sheets and towels, hot water and good wifi throughout the building.
Staying in hotels for extended amount of time isn't fun, but with manager Matt and the excellent staff staying here has been pleasant and very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Avery1983
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Hafa Adai Avery1983,

Thank you for chosing the Ramada Hotel & Suites as your home away from home! It gives us great pride and joy to read your kind review. Thank you for bestowing us with such high accolades.

Again, thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcome you back home again soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We go to Japan every year. This year we decided to go via Guam (for one night) just to see Guam a bit. Typhoon Francisco hit Guam and on October 18th morning at 5 AM I came to know that United cancelled all flights from /to Guam that day. While being rebooked at the airport to go to Sapporo next day, we were booked at Ramada, Guam. I can not say enough great things about the staff of this hotel. Our room is (I am actually still here, hopefully leaving tomorrow) clean, mold free, very well kept, large enough. Bathroom has hot water, it is very clean, towels are of good quality. Internet works reasonably well. Every staff including the restaurants' owners are simply superb human beings. Food at the restaurant is not only delicious, it is also cheap. We got a free ride to the DFS (Duty Free Shops) and also from there to the hotel back. Hospitality has been so good that it really feels like we have come home. Not to mention names but Mathew (who goes as "that guy"), one of the managers, is funny, witty, helpful, friendly, and definitely makes everything work for everyone. Just met the General Manager, in the restaurant while he was enjoying a beer with Mathew. What a gentleman he is as well. The entire hotel and its staff made us feel like we are special. I can not recommend it enough. And if we ever come back to Guam, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Purobi

Hafa Adai Dr. Purobi,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Ramada Hotel & Suites Guam. It has been a privilege and great honor for me to meet great humanitarian such as yourself and Dr. Bob during your unexpected layover here in Guam. The stories you've shared at dinner on your mission of providing free dental care for impoverished children in developing countries has touch my heart.

Again, thank you for your kind compliments on our team's service and property facilities.
On behalf of the staff and management, we salute you and Dr. Bob for your noble act of kindness and putting a smile on a child's face. We wish you well and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed in a single suite with queen size bed. The interior of the room was nice. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were very clean. The special price of $66.40 for a night stay was worth it. The staffs and the manager were very friendly and very accomodating to guests. Overall stay was good! Will definetely come back again :-)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Opsno
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Hafa Adai Opsno,

It's been a great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us!

Here at the Ramada Hotel & Suites Guam, we firmly believe that it is our duty to provide our guests with a warm and highest level of hospitality service throughout their stay. We take pride in the successful delivery of our brand promise- "leave the rest to us"

Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have written 7 or 8 reviews for Tripadvisor. including Cirigan Palace in Istanbul,Hotel du Cap Eden Roc in Cap D'Antibes, Aman chain in Bhutan, etc.. This is the first time in my life for a stay in a Ramada Inn. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent service . The manager, Matthew Martin, was as attentive as a Director at any of the hotels I normally frequent, all of which are 5 star hotels. As expected, the amenities and the decor are not of the same calibre. I understand that the hotel is going to be entirely renovated and become an Aqua property complete with a first class spa.I will return here when next on Guam.
The price was incredibly reasonable - ther equivalet of h

Room Tip: Room 106 has a large walk in shower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jamesjseltzer

Hafa Adai Mr. Jamesjseltzer,

We are delighted to know that that you have enjoyed you stay with you. Please rest assured that here at Ramada Hotel & Suites, we take pride in delivering consistent 5 star guest experience and successful delivery of our brand promise - " leave the rest to us"

I am happy to hear that my team and our new DIrector of Sales, Mr. Matthew provided you with a wonderful customer service. In addition to our continuous room preventive maintenance program, we also have several ongoing and upcoming projects such as gym renovation,sofa beds and air conditioner replacements. Our business center had just recently been renovated and we are also in the process of opening a new spa in the coming months.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome and serve you again soon! If there's anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me at lisunardi@daysinnguam.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

As a 100% disabled marine I visited Guam for medical reasons at the navel Hospital. Like a fool I booked at Ramada inn. $1,100 for the month and the next month $1100.. They gave me a room which was on the ground floor and water dripped from the walls making it almost impossible to walk on the slippery floor tile. I asked every day to be moved to a DRY room, also I would ask to talk to the manager, my plea's went in answered. The Philippine's girls at the front desk became rude and ruder and they would not answer my phone calls.Most of the time the phone would ring 71 times, I would hobble to the desk and the phone would be ringing and the girl would either be on her cell phone laughing and giggling or playing cards at two thirty in the morning while I was freezing from the COLD INJURY I received in the mountains of N. Korea at the Chosin because my sheets were so wet and I needed a DRY blanket. Blanket never came. I was told that the manager was also the manager of Days Inn down the street and he could not be bothered as he was busy at Days Inn. Time after time who ever was at the front desk would LIE to me and tell me that THAY were the manager and they would move me the next day. I would wait and wait and no one would move me. BLUE AND BLACK MOLD formed on the walls and on my leather goods. My sheets at night were damp from the condensation of the water running down the walls. At one point in my stay of 7 weeks ( I could not move as the VA had given me an allowance to pay for the room as I am a combat veteran of the Korean and Vietnam wars with three purple hearts) A maintentence man showed up and told me they would repair it. Never happened. I finally reported the situation to the mayors office. The mayors aide demanded that they move me. Instead the Arrogant manager came over from DAYS INN and told me to move out by the end of the month as the hotel was not designed for EXTENTENDED STAY. Why they would not repair the leak of the water running down the walls is beyond me. I know that in the states I choose to stay at Ramada inns and they are all extended stay. All at once the manager became very nice and condescending to me. (He heard rumors I was going to sue for the water and the Mold.
Think carefully people about staying at that dump in the Ghetto or the Days inn for people who work there are only as good as the manager.

Room Tip: Do not stay period,if you do donot stay in room 107
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank george D
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Hafa Adai Mr. Duncan,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and concerns regarding your recent stay. Our owners are also military veterans and please rest assured that we have always treated our military service members, their family and veterans with the upmost respect.

During your stay you have requested your room to be cleaned and entered only by our Housekeeping Manager which we fully complied. Unfortunately you have also chosen not to turn on your room air conditioner (kept window open) for the duration of your stay which causes condensation and mold from the humidity. Our staff had also kept their composure and treated you with respect despite being yelled at with profanity and unkind words on many occassions.

Please rest assured it is always our objective to offer quality accommodations with services and products that exceed our guest's expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations.

Sunardi Li

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Verona Resort & Spa
Verona Resort & Spa
#19 of 21 in Tumon
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam

Been to Wyndham Garden Guam? Share your experiences!