Tripadvisor

Review of Ma's Kitchen

Ma's Kitchen
Ranked #49 of 155 Restaurants in Tamuning
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pho noodles were supposedly blanched, but the way the noodles look in this picture should show how severely undercooked the noodles are. I understand undercooking the noodles and allowing it to cook in the pho, but the pho itself wasnt hot enough to cook the noodles properly. After calling to make a complaint I was told to put the soup in the microwave, but the point of ordering to go is to have my meal ready to eat. I had to recook the noodles and reheat the soup. If I have to do the extra work at home then there should be a price reduction on the dish that requires extra preparation at home.

Ma's Kitchen was a good restaurant to start but they have been slacking as of late. An order that I made prior to this also had the Bun Bo Hue lacking flavor and the beef stew coming with literally only 2 pieces of beef.

I won't apologize for giving Ma's a 1/5.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

There have been several so-called vietnamese restaurants on Guam basically serving Chinese food. This one is real but with a somewhat contracted menu.
Simple surroundings, food fresh and tasty, reasonable prices. We had the pho which was standard fare. Worth a visit.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 11, 2019 via mobile

The food is authentic and offers a flavorful bite each time. I’ve been wanting to try their Banh Mi’s but once I sit down and look at the menu my eyes become fixed on the Pho, Spicy Beef Soup or one of their slow cooked bowls of goodness. They are always busy so go early or late to catch a seat!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 19, 2019

A great addition to the Guam restaurant scene. It is a small space but quick service means the tables turn on a regular basis. Friendly and professional servers. The best part is the great food. It is a hidden gem.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed May 14, 2019

I've heard good things about this place and was eager to try the food. The location (Tamuning) is okay, but the restaurant is quite small and felt a bit cramped. It wasn't too crowded when we got there, but it took quite a long while before we got our food. I had some type of beef dish that was pretty oily and did not have a flavor to rave about. My friend was also not satisfied with her food. Our server did not check on us very often so we did not get any drink refills. I don't know if that's the typical service one can expect there, but it turned us off so much that we probably will not return. I had to satisfy my curiosity, but ended up being disappointed with everything about the place.

Date of visit: April 2019