“overrated, run down. Go, if you must”

Talofofo Falls Park
Reviewed May 14, 2014

the only part four of us thought interesting was the cave where the Japanese soldier kept hidden way after the war was over.
The short gondola ride of the waterfall was worrisome (we weren't sure that the equipment was safe). The entrance fee of $20 pp is quite a rip off. The park looks poorly maintained and is a long way off the main road.

1  Thank Marion W

Reviewed May 10, 2014

An amusement park in a tropical jungle just isn't a good idea. This place was extremely run down with a bunch a carnival rides which did not look safe. The $20 admission is a complete rip off for what you get. The museum was awful and looked like something a 5 year old made and there is a pointless cable car which covers a distance a person could walk in 5 minutes. This place is in a beautiful area and would be nice if it was just a nature park. The Talofofo waterfall would also be nice if it weren't surrounded by carnival attractions. Clearly, I didn't get the message regarding how bad this place is because I was the only customer during my one hour there. This is definitely a place you should skip when visiting Guam.

5  Thank Danimal2007
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I am from Guam and I am even embarrassed by this TOURIST TRAP. It is $20 for tourist and $12 for locals & military.

The lady at the front counter didn't even look up from her cell phone when I asked to purchase tickets. I had to ask her to buy tickets cause she totally ignored me when i walked up to the window. Then she says "Follow yellow line to cable cart" all without looking up. After you buy your tickets you walk into a broken/run down 2 ride "amusement" park. To the right is the cable car, Loveland, haunted house, observation tower and shooting range.

The cable car ride is short. I was almost afraid it was going to fall off the cable. They had cheap sounding speakers from the 80 ' s on the transfer. The glass was shattered on car #1 so I couldn't get a good picture going over the falls.

You arrive at the bottom and you can see the waterfalls. They are pretty bit the water is dirty and cloudy. The bridges that you cross looked very unsafe. The rail to hold on to while crossing the bridge is a freakin cut up waterhose. EMBARASSING.

The museum was weird and made no sense to me. Wth is there an indian in there?! The store is expensive. $3.00 for pocari sweat and $2.00 for bottled water. RIDICULOUS. The walk to the cave is kinda scary. It is slippery when it rains and all they have to keep you from falling is PLASTIC PVC pipes!! And they were wobbly as hell. You can choose to walk to the cave or rode a very slow, loud lawnmower with garden benches attached to wood for $2.00 a person. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND WALK!

That's about all there is here at Talofofo falls. I am so ashamed to call this a BEAUTY on my own island. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

7  Thank ネイディン マ
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I wish I read the reviews here before going.

- $20 entrance fee is way overpriced
- We weren't planning on going on any of the rides there anyway, but they all looked appalling, broken, out of service, whatever.
- Falls were fine, but don't expect a large waterfall.
- I think the worst part of this place was the fact there was a gun range located on the property, so every 10-15 seconds there was a REALLY large BANG!!! As we were travelling with a baby, it just wasn't fun or relaxing.

I'm sorry to say this but I would completely avoid this place and wouldn't recommend it to anybody. Save your time and money and visit somewhere else. This place was comically bad, and I think I would be a little more amused if I wasn't so bent out of shape.

Icing on the cake: Lady at the ticket counter didn't even put down her mobile phone when I bought tickets. Texting in one hand, handing me change & entrance tickets in the other hand.

What a mess...

4  Thank TheEveningPaper
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I would not pick this as one of our visiting point!!

1) The 2 falls there were the shortest falls I have ever visited.
2) There is entrance fee, USD20/ head