“Secluded beach all to yourself”
Review of Ritidian Point

Ritidian Point
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Agana
More attraction details
Owner description: This gorgeous, white sand beach offers great swimming, but watch out for the strong current.
Singapore, Singapore
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Secluded beach all to yourself”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were there during weekdays with less than 10 people along the beach. As there is no lifeguard, you will need to be careful while snorkeling or swimming in the water.

The place is not easy to find but definitely worth the drive. As the area is administer by military, gate and public access closes at 4pm so gentle reminder to watch your time.

If you are on route1 towards north, turn left into route3 after micronesia mall on your right. On the route3 continue to go straight you should pass a McDonald on your left. The road will get gradually narrower and finally take a left fork for route3a. Route3a is pothole nightmare and is exceptionally quite. After you do down a steepish hill with great view of the sea, you will see a sign for "Ritidian Unit". Continue to drive on the tarmaced road to arrive at ritidian wildlife refugee centre where you make a left turn pass the building straight along untarmaced road where you can park along the grassland. Walk less than 30sec and you are at this wonderful beachfront.

Visited October 2013
8 Thank ru2bz4me

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Berkeley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beautiful, but can be dangerous!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

It was a beautiful, calm late August day at Ritidian beach--an isolated and pristine beach on the north side of Guam.There were no people in sight. There were gentle waves breaking on the reef about 100 yards out and the water inside the reef looked benign. I am a former surfer and quite comfortable in the water, although I was a visitor to Guam. I went out about chest-deep in the delightfully warm water with a facemask. I left my fins on shore, since I didn't plan on going out too deep. I was swimming around with my facemask observing the colorful fish and rocks when I noticed I was being pulled out. I tried to swim back towards shore, but the current was too strong and just kept pulling me out. I decided to not fight the current and when I was about 50 to 100 feet past the reef, I peered down, and I could easily see bottom. It looked to be about 20 feet deep. I then tried to make my way back. I began swimming perpendicular to the outgoing current. When I made my way about 50 feet from the outgoing current, I was then able to turn towards shore and make progress. I stayed in the "current-shadow" of the exposed reef rocks to shelter me from the riptide. I made it to the rocks of the reef afer a fair amount of effort. I was pretty tired at this point--almost feeling like throwing up, so I tried to sit and rest on the exposed reef. I was shortly knocked off by a strong wave and received maybe 20 scrapes and cuts on my body from the reef. The wave knocked me off on the shore-side of the reef, so then I was able to swim to shore. I have been in a lot of water situations, but I was completely caught off-guard by this current. (There were permanent signs posted warning of strong currents, but I didn't think they would be a problem on that day. It seemed so calm.) I would be interested in hearing about your water experiences at Ritidian. I suspect others have gotten in trouble. I can be reached at sea.surfer@hotmail.com.

Visited August 2013
17 Thank Clay J
Arizona
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“Nice beach”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

this is a nice beach. On weekends a lot of locals go there but during the week its not so busy. The road out there is not so great though and its quite a drive so plan on staying a while

Visited August 2013
2 Thank UKVISIT
Columbus, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A far off relaxation point”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

For a hidden relaxed atmosphere head the the Ritidian point. It is so far away that many people don't take the time to travel there.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank aviatoradair
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“awesome place”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

This is one place in Guam you must check out. I alway go whenever I visit Guam. Ritidian is the most beautiful beach!

Visited May 2013