We stayed here for two weeks while doing some research off the coast. Sadie's by the Sea was a wonderful place to stay. Granted American Samoa doesn't cater to many tourists so most hotels are designed to fit the business traveler. If you're looking for touristy luxury and comfort then go to Western Samoa.
Sadie's was awesome. We had a second story room overlooking the beach and pool. We had a nice tv, a huge bathroom with a big tub, and a mini fridge and microwave. The staff at Sadie's are super nice and helpful. Sadie's by the Sea is the only hotel in Pago that has a beach. There's public beaches all over but Sadie's has a semi private beach that's free for guests but charges locals. You just have to get a wrist band from the office. Kayak rentals are available for cheap, $5 a day for guests. The weekends and weekday evenings do get busy with local kids so keep that in mind. There's also a washer and dryer on the second floor. They look a little ragged but we all used them and it was fine. The washer is $1.50 and the dryer says $1.50 but I could do it for free.
The restaurant and convenience store on the property are great. The food at Goat Island Cafe is pretty good. The mussels are meh though. The convenience store is loaded with snacks, liquor, and personal products and is open from 12-7.
Sadie's is located right in the middle of Pago and there's plenty of others places to eat and see nearby.
Overall Sadie's was a great, comfortable stay and I'd definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sadie's By The Sea is the only full service, beach front resort in American Samoa, located in the heart of the government and business centers of the island, and close to many tourist attractions. Sadie's by the Sea is a fun, charming resort with first class Polynesian service. Lush forested mountains surrounding Pago Pago's deep blue harbor complete the view from every room. Our private beach and clear warm water, just a few steps from your room, are perfect for swimming, snorkeling and kayaking year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Sadie's by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sadie`s By The Sea Hotel Pago Pago
- Sadies By The Sea Pago
- Sadie's By The Sea American Samoa/Pago Pago