“Great Restaurant”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pago Pago
New Zealand
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I did not get to stay at the hotel on this trip as was staying at the lovely Sadies by the Sea down the road, but did dine at the restaurant at Sadies Thompson Inn. I ordered the steak and it was one of the best steaks I have had. Cooked to perfection. Service was excellent - Barbara the waitress was very pleasant and professional. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dinezy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rapid City, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed here three nights, never had a key to our room, the cable TV didn't work and on Sunday night we got locked out of the hotel only to have a very kind pastry chef let us in. We were the only ones in the motel and ended up locking it all up before we went to bed in fear of what might happen. Samoa is truly a beautiful island and the people are some of the most friendly in the world, but this is not the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank jdwyer2014
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I recently spent two weeks here while doing college research in American Samoa. For a college student will almost no money, I ended up selecting this hotel over the pricier ones, but I could not have been happier with the experience. The location was prime, with everything I needed right in walking distance. The staff was wonderful, friendly, and helped me out even when it may have been beyond their line of duty. The restaurant was great, atmosphere was great, rooms were large and comfortable (air conditioned, thank god, since I was visiting from Maine and not used to that heat at all). I would definitely recommend Sadie Thompson, and if I ever return I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kaneohe, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days on a business trip. If I ever return to American Samoa, I will definitely stay at Sadie Thompson Inn again.

The staff was absolutely amazing and the bar/restaurant was top quality. A 5 star experience for a great price!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank btursaivnlerss
Usvi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Didn't stay here but had a lovely dinner here in a truly quaint dining room. Soft music in the background. Very good meal at a very fair price. Service was great although our young waiter seem not totally comfortable with English. Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I'm surprised to see negative reviews here, since we had a pretty decent experience overall. Yes, there was no Internet - but for a one night stay, that isn't a catastrophe. The restaurant was elegant and again, for the island, reasonably priced with decent food. My prime rib special ($25) wasn't outstanding - a bit undercooked, and a smaller portion than expected - but my companion got the Fisherman's Platter, which was a good portion and well prepared. My room had both a harbor and mountain view - two double beds, very large. Key problems with the room: smelled a bit musty/moldy at first, but this dissipated once A/C was on awhile. Bathroom fan is noisy, and you can't put the lights on in the bathroom without the fan. Main problem was the awful lighting - one lamp didn't work, one over a round table had a cracked shade and missing bulbs, and the bad lighting made the room feel dark and depressing, especially at night. The pluses here are the caring staff - nice people who went out of their way to make us feel welcome, including getting us a cab back to the airport and helping us with a variety of small headaches on our arrival. Another is the central location within town, so you could walk (if you wished) to a McDonald's, or to the local market (which operates late), Internet cafe, etc. Overall, Sadie Thompson Inn was as good or better an experience that we expected coming in - we would consider staying again, and having dinner there again, if in the area.

Room Tip: No pool, no gym, no Internet, no WiFi. Good choice if you want a quiet stay with a small town withi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David M
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We only had the chance to stay here at Sadie's for one night. The staff there was so nice. They were so welcoming. The hotel was in good shape. The room was clean and they pre-turned on our AC before we arrived so we arrived to a cool room. The gal at the front desk was very informative. We need info on transportation and costs. She knew everything offhand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vince A

Been to Sadie Thompson Inn? Share your experiences!