“Not bad but return bus left without us......”

Tisa's Barefoot Bar
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Pago Pago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were SO looking forward to Tisa's. We were on a cruise ship. Got picked up and was lucky enough to get Candyman as a guide. FULL of info. We had a whole group from the ship. Two buses. Some people from the ship didnt want to pay the full price and found their own way there. WE however. Enjoyed the ride around and listened to the history of American Samoa from Candyman.

We made it to Tisa's. It was well done as far as collecting the money. Had a list of all names and gave us a ticket when we paid. The ticket was for the meal. The food was good but nothing outstanding. We swam a bit. Then they said T-shirts were coming out. At the same time the call came that the buses will be heading back to the ship. We were getting Tee's. Dropped another 60.00 there and said we gota go. The buses. They wont leave Tisa said. We said goodbye and walked up the hill and they were GONE.

Now. This is NOT all Tisa's fault. It appears they did a head count.and WE think. A few people hijacked one of the buses that didnt pay for the hole trip. The problem is. Had they used the same list that we paid from. No one would have been left behind. And if someone did hijack the bus. Your the lowest of low.

Tisa IS a wonderful lady and we love her. Candyman and the staff were awesome. A bit slow at the bar which is where I waited for some time to purchase the shirts.

All in all. Tisa is a Legend and we are glad we made it to her place.

Would we go back. Sure.

4  Thank donscomp

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Went to Tisa's for group dinner. Tisa is very kind, nice, has a great location and love what she's done with the restaurant atmosphere. Now, the price: $39, didn't even include a drink or any entertainment--disappointed for sure. I am from Hawaii and so have seen an 'umu' many times, no bells or whistles there. The food amount was very small, considering they knew exactly how many would be in our group. There was also a bar, the bartender seemed befuddled when asked to make a mai tai, which costs $8.00 and wasn't even a mai tai. The dinner didn't come with water, tea, juice, coffee--those were available for purchase at the bar as well. No dessert either. I did enjoy the experience but once is definitely enough for me. I'll spend my $$$ at the Koko Bean or the Equator instead--for $39, I could get breakfast, lunch, AND dinner.

2  Thank roxierowe
Reviewed March 11, 2014

It's a traditional Polynesian eart oven. Tisa keeps traditional alive and adds spice with variations of local fare made modern. Succulent everything.

1  Thank BusyCorner99
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I just back from American Samoa and had heard so much about Tisa's that I couldn't resist checking it out. Loved the location. Loved the food. My only complaint is the price. For $27.00 I expected more than 2 little shrimp, 1 small piece of fish, 1 small lobster w/o much meat, and a small salad. I know that almost everything is more expensive in American Samoa, but really? To go away hungry after paying $32.00 (also bought a virgin pina colada for $5.00 in a plastic cup). I guess my expectations were too high after hearing so many good things about Tisa's. Thank goodness the location still made it worth the visit.

1  Thank Luv-2-Travel-RDR
Reviewed February 7, 2014

One of the most organic and creative settings for food and drink I've ever seen. Hand crafted with twisted tree trunks and sea-soaked decking. Sat in the midst of paradise there is also something a little bit punk about this place. Anarchic yet beautifully serene. Eating with the ocean just a few feet away, drinking local beer, Vailima, and having the pleasure of Tisa's conversation has to be one of life's great pleasures.

2  Thank major_rawls