“Ice Cream Yum”

Dave's Ice Cream Parlors
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Waimanalo
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Dave's is the one and only place for delicious ice cream in Kaunakakai, Molokai. Hits the spot after dinner.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Today we went on the Roberts Circle Tour. We stopped at this little strip mall to use the restroom in a coral shop. After walking in to it and then immediately walking out I ventured down to see what else was in the strip mall. I was super excited to find Dave's. My mom had the coconut macadamia nut ice cream, my dad had the kuala fudge ice cream, and I had the chocolate chip cookie dough. It was three dollars for one small cup, which was rather expensive but all three of us enjoyed our choice. If you are in the area and run across this parlor, definitely check it out.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Dave's is one of my stops EVERY time I'm out that side of the island...the parlor is just a cute little shop in a "vintage looking" plaza close to Waimanalo and Bellows beaches. Convenient next to other little shops, a Subway and gas station in case you need to stop for other things...and the ice cream is FAB! Very rich and creamy, more like having gelato, you can tell this isn't some chain place with poorly made ice cream and cookie cutter flavors. It is a true to Hawaii place with plenty of "exotic" flavors for everyone, whether you like Kona coffee styles or the tropical fruits, etc. My personal favorite which I rarely stray from is half green tea (literally the best green tea ice cream I have had...and I am picky about that because it can end up tasting like sea weed at some shops) & half Ube (the purple sweet potato). And they are always keen to let me do half and half of a "one scoop" so I don't have to kill myself with 2! :) My recommendation is go go go!! Try it...I bet you will like it!

1  Thank ZeeGee808
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Combine a road trip to Waimenolo with a stop at Frankie's Nursery for fruit and an ice cream at Dave's and you will be a happy camper. Traveling to a tropical locale and being able to indulge in all sorts of fare using the local bounty amps up every taste experience. Indulge in lychee sherbet, Kawaii turtle with macadamia nuts, green tea, pineapple/coconut, ube-aka purple yam and my fave-kulolo, a combo of coconut and taro.
Dave's will not win any beauty queen contests for its decor and the windows could use some cleaning but the ice cream sure is delish. Don't miss it for a taste of "real Hawaii".

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Worth the stop on a warm day , don't let the really bad decor deter you ! It will make you happy and smile a lot .