“Excellent time for all!”
Review of Chief's Luau - MOVED

Chief's Luau
More attraction details
Owner description: Chief's Luau is TripAdvisor's highest rated luau in the state of Hawaii. It is the ultimate authentic, interactive and romantic experience that culminates with a spectacular 10-minute, 8-man fire knife dance. You will feel you were invited to the Chief's backyard. Experience up-close and personal activities with Chief's entire cast, 'imu ceremony and a sumptuous dinner buffet. Stunning ocean-mountain vista, the smallest and most intimate of all luaus on Oahu. Produced by Chief Sielu Avea.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have attended the Chief's Luau several times (every time we have friends or family visiting from the mainland) and we find it the most authentic and entertaining luau on Oahu. It is also the best value. The natural scenerey includes a great view of the ocean, the Koolau mountains and even the marine life at Sea Life Park. The Chief interjects humor throughout the performance and encourages audience participation. This is truly an excellent event for all ages!

1  Thank MikeAndBonnies
in 54 reviews
"whole family"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was a very good experience. We started off the evening with different traditional activities like making of a head dress, learning to shoot spears, tattoo, how to start a fire. Each of them are fun and interesting to do in their own ways. The performance are great too, and the highlight of the night - fire dancing - is just a class of it own. Simply breathtaking. The chief is hilarious as noted by various reviewers here. However, I think that some of his jokes are not really suitable for young children. I did enjoy his job but then I was there with my girlfriend.

Another concern of my is the food as I read multiple review that the food was sur-par. But in my opinion, I think all the food that was served was acceptable and and average. Yes, it is not the best food you can get but the food are still decent. And also in terms of sitting, I don't think there is much difference in terms of watching the performance. I think every seat got a decent view of the stage. If you want to get served then you could choose the most expensive seats, otherwise i think the cheaper seat are good too.

overall, it is a good experience =)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was an awesome experience. It is everything one whould expect. Had a wonderful time especially the fire dance. As always the chief is still hilarious as when he performed at the PCC.
It was definitely worth the money. Everyone gets to participate in the preshow activities. You also get an amazing background of the ocean with Rabbit Island, we also had a beautiful sunset. I would highly recommend anyone who want to have a good luau to go to Chief's. I would go back again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

WOW - this was an amazing luau!!! My family loved every moment of it. My 8 year old daughter's eyes were glued to the stage the entire time and said this was the best show she had ever seen. I myself had the best time! The Chief is hilarious and very talented and so very gracious. The setting/scenery was spectacular and the food was
good! This show was definitely the highlight of my trip to Hawaii and a memory I will never forget. A very special luau indeed!!!!