“Perfect ending to a perfect trip”
Review of Chief's Luau - MOVED

Chief's Luau
More attraction details
Owner description: Chief's Luau is TripAdvisor's highest rated luau in the state of Hawaii. It is the ultimate authentic, interactive and romantic experience that culminates with a spectacular 10-minute, 8-man fire knife dance. You will feel you were invited to the Chief's backyard. Experience up-close and personal activities with Chief's entire cast, 'imu ceremony and a sumptuous dinner buffet. Stunning ocean-mountain vista, the smallest and most intimate of all luaus on Oahu. Produced by Chief Sielu Avea.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I have experienced and enjoyed several luaus in Hawaii over the years. Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park was by far the BEST one we've ever attended. The food was typical group luau fare, but there did appear to be an abundance of it. We chose Chief's more for the entertainment and atmosphere than the food, however, and we were NOT disappointed. What an incredible group of performers. You end up loving every one of them. So much energy. Our hands were tired from applauding. There is so much audience participation, great family humor and a genuine desire to provide top-notch entertainment. We were all completely enthralled. The setting is so gorgeous it doesn't look real and when I posted photos on Facebook I felt it was necessary to mention that the background was actual and not a canvas backdrop. We had taken family to Hawaii for several days and wanted a special treat toward the end of our visit. It was, indeed, the perfect ending to a perfect trip. We purchased the Royal package and would do it again in a heartbeat. If you want to attend a luau on the Island of O'ahu, don't even consider any other.

All reviews
in 54 reviews
"whole family"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The chiefs Luau was in a perfect location, and the Chiefs kept us entertained for the whole time .with great activities and beautiful dancing really liked the fire dance .also great to learn about different south pacific cultures .This is a must when in Hawaii

1  Thank Karin G
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I decided to come last minute to the show while out there for work. I am so glad I did. I had wore a brand new white dress to the Luau, and while getting my Henna tattoo, the ink spilled down the side of my dress. One of the male dancers, who was making the head bands, went and got me a Fia Fia skirt to match theirs, and tied it around my waist to cover the ink stain. He went out of his way to make me feel comfortable, and make it up to me. Not to mention, that included pulling me up on stage to dance. He went above and beyond, and I am very grateful for his kindness. The Chief was a riot, and such an amazing performer. He kept me laughing until I was crying, and definitely was a joy. I will definitely be coming again next time I am on the Island, The food, performance/performers, but overall all involved made this show one to watch time and time again. I look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was me and my wifes first luau (we were on our honeymoon) first off we had an awesome time the entertainment was great and the back ground really is beautiful. theres a small island you can see off the coast called rabit island, it really is a beautiful sight. The chiefs were all friendly. though the food wasn't exactly what i was hopeing for (i think i set my expectations to high). Also the dancing at the end felt a little to raunchy for a family setting, but i suppose thats just the culture. But if your looking for a good Luau this is the one.

1  Thank Garrett G