“Chief's Luau”

and up
Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Waimanalo
More attraction details
Owner description: Chief's Luau is TripAdvisor's highest rated luau in the state of Hawaii. It is the ultimate authentic, interactive and romantic experience that culminates with a spectacular 10-minute, 8-man fire knife dance. You will feel you were invited to the Chief's backyard. Experience up-close and personal activities with Chief's entire cast, 'imu ceremony and a sumptuous dinner buffet. Stunning ocean-mountain vista, the smallest and most intimate of all luaus on Oahu, located only 25 minutes from Waikiki. Produced by Chief Sielu Avea.
Folsom, California, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Chief's Luau”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have been to 3 luaus and this is by far, the best. The chief kept us laughing from the beginning to the end. It is smaller so you can actually participate in the activities before the meal begins. The food is typical luau food which I'm not fond of but I went for the entertainment and got my money's worth! We learned how to weave, got tatoos, etc. We paid extra for the front tables and were seated at the very front! Had some fun on stage. Like I said, best luau ever! Laughed so much, I literally hurt!

Visited February 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The best night of our trip! Funny, inviting, and WOW factor!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We found chief's luau on trip advisor and although it was a 30 minute drive away (and a $60 cab ride one way... Next time we will take the shuttle for $17) it was worth every penny!!
From the moment we arrived we were warmly greeted, and had beautiful leighs put around all of our necks (even the kids who were completely free of charge got leighs, palm leaf headbands, and more).
The food was great! The show had all of us laughing non-stop, while being very informative and genuine to the culture. There was every variety of dance you could ask for and amazing drumming... Fire, flowers, hula, volunteers from the crowd.. You name it! The only thing I wish was that it could have gone longer!! An absolute blast start to finish!!

1 Thank CourtBuhler
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Laughed so hard my stomach and cheeks hurt! :)”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We are from Canada and have never been to a luau. We paid the little extra and got a glimpse of sea world and enjoyed it.
If you want to be interactive during the show, pay the extra and sit up near the front. Otherwise, get the cheaper seats because you wont miss anything by sitting further back.
We had an awesome time!
The dances and fire shows were awesome! But, by far, the Chief made the show! His warm and compassionate nature was well mixed with his incredible sense of humour and ability to engage the audience! I mean it when I said I laughed so hard it hurt. He should have his own comedy show. :)
The only downside we found was the food. :(. None of the six of us enjoyed it very much. Also, it would be nice to know what we were eating.
If you are looking for fine dining, fancy tables and plates, this is not for you. If you are looking to learn a little about their culture and want to laugh till you hurt, this luau is for you.
I would go see it again if we come back to this island in the future.

Warren Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Evening and Wonderful Memories”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went to the Chief's Luau after looking at all other choices and I am so glad we did!!!! Chief and All his members were GREAT!!!! He had us laughing the entire evening. He does alot of audience participation and our grandaughters went on stage and then my husband and I also went onstage for a anniversary dance. Wonderful!!! Chief really feels every emotion thru the heart and he expresses through his words and music. We did the standard package and we have NO complaints. We arrived at 4:30 and enjoyed the pre-show activites and had great seats. Food was ok, plenty of it and again no complaints. Thank you Chief for the wonderful evening and the great memories.

Visited February 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not just a Luau, but an experience of the senses!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

That's a pretty big title to live up to, but trust me on this one....this is more than just a Luau. Chiefs luau combines everything that a couple or family want to see in a show (Entertainment, dancing and good food) with so much more (comedy, silliness, education and a sense of warmth and personal connection). My girlfriend and I decided to try this Luau (one of four on the island) because of its great reviews....and we were not disappointed. We purchased the royal package, which allowed us to sit a little closer with a few free adult drinks....and it gave us a private tour of the shark tank and the dolphin tank (which was pretty awesome). However, I truly think that anywhere you sit you will have an amazing time. We laughed the whole show.....it was so entertaining......so warm and inclusive of everyone....that it gave you a truly warm feeling inside. So If you just want to be entertained.....the other shows on the island will suffice, But if your like me searching for that little bit extra to make a true memory that will never be forgotten...then try This one

1 Thank smbaca2