“Lasting memory from our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chief's Luau

and up
Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Waimanalo
More attraction details
Owner description: Chief's Luau is TripAdvisor's highest rated luau in the state of Hawaii. It is the ultimate authentic, interactive and romantic experience that culminates with a spectacular 10-minute, 8-man fire knife dance. You will feel you were invited to the Chief's backyard. Experience up-close and personal activities with Chief's entire cast, 'imu ceremony and a sumptuous dinner buffet. Stunning ocean-mountain vista, the smallest and most intimate of all luaus on Oahu, located only 25 minutes from Waikiki. Produced by Chief Sielu Avea.
Surprise, Arizona
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Lasting memory from our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I felt the Chief was humorous, talented and genuine. The show was fantastic, and the food was good. Definitely enjoyed what was served, and the advise of bringing a light sweater should not be over looked if get chilled easy. I was fine but my mother was freezing. The views, the fire dancers and the hospitality were all excellent.

We had the Royal package, but I think unless you would liek to be brought up on stage, the additional expense wasn't necessary. Table service, was just plates made from the buffet for you, so I could have picked what I wanted rather than not eating some of what they brought me.

Truly the happy to have experienced this, and would return to this luau as it felt more intimate and like family.

2 Thank AZWagges

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, British Columbia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Make this your Luau”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been to Hawaii three times and finally made it to a Laua; were not disappointed. Our bus picked us promptly at the hotel and we were treated to a funny and knowledgeable host for our journey along the coast to Sea Life Park.

Once at the park, you are greeted with a lei of flowers or nuts and asked to pose for a picture with Chief Sielu.

After everyone has arrived and met the Chief, the pig, that has been roasting in the ground, is lifted high for all to see and then brought to the chefs to carve.

There is spear tossing, temporary tattoos and fire making before the show begins. Dinner is served buffet style, or table service depending on what package you choose. While the food is not the greatest, the show more than makes up for it.

Chief Sielu, the star of the show and talented comedian, brings the audience on a journey to the islands of South Pacific through song, dance, and story telling. The beautiful ladies and beefy men dance and entertain for hours. The climax of the show is an amazing fire twirling and throwing extravaganza that should not be missed.

I recommend this luau to anyone.

1 Thank ShawnCornell
Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wonderful Luau!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Show started at 4.30 and lasted til 9.00 p.m. The entertainment was excellent. Had something for everyone to do, from learning to hula, fire making, weaving, tattooing and spear throwing. The food was excellent. Entertainment was superb with alot of audience participation. Chief Sielu is a great entertainer! Had my husband and I laughing alot! Drummers, dancers did a great performance! If or when I come back to Oahu, this will be the luau I will attend.

2 Thank Tngal40
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Luau of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Was at Chiefs Luau this evening 1/20/2013.. Best ever. Views are great, Food is good. The Show is the best ever. Went to the other Luau on the other side of the island last time and thougtht it was good until tonight. Chiefs Luau outshines the Cove show 10 to 1. There is more informaiton, more interactivity and definitely the best fire dance show you will ever see.

If you are coming to Hawaii you have to see this show and Luau. we had our 4 kids with us and everyone of them left the show saying it was awesome.

Go check it out! Hawaii = Chiefs Luau, Chiefs Luau = Hawaii.

1 Thank Steve D
Anaheim, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This luau will be one of the highlights on your trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Short version - Do not miss out! Chief's Luau is incredibly amazing and entertaining. The entire case is extremely talented and you're going to have a wonderful time.

Longer version - Chief Sielu is exceedingly talented. His beautiful singing voice and mad fire twirling skills will astonished you, not to mention his showmanship, humor, and hosting skills. This show is so much fun and exciting. His warriors are talented musicians and dancers, yet masculine and fierce at the same time. The female dancers move so gracefully and melodic, they are beautiful and enchanting.

The food is alright, it's not gourmet but adequate. The most important part is the show, and the entire experience is incredibility memorable. I went to the show in October, and I still think about. I will definitely go to Chief's Luau if I'm ever in Oahu.

Visited October 2012