“Just Perfect--Hard to Leave!”
View of the Koolau Mountain Range as you drive into the property
View of the Koolau Mountain Range as you drive into the property
Living area
Bedroom and living area
California King Bed
Kitchen with full size refrigerator
Private Bathroom
Twin beds in separate bedroom with A/C
Some of many tame wild white doves
Hunter, my new golden retriever
Private BBQ gazebo
Private gazebo and BBQ area
Waimanalo Beach, #1 Beach in the US 2015, only a five minute drive away!
View of the Koolau Mountain Range
Sunset view from the main house
Moon rise view from the gazebo and mainhouse
Hawaiian Rainbow!
View of the Koolau Mountain Range waterfalls after a heavy rain
View from house, Mt. Olamana
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
court741
Vista, California
“Just Perfect--Hard to Leave!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

This truly is a slice of heaven! The place was just as advertised--actually better. We fell in love with it the moment we drove onto Kitty's property. Our entire experience was so relaxing, so beautiful, and so peaceful. We had a private deck which we loved eating our breakfasts on in the morning and enjoying a drink at night. The room/kitchen/bathroom were all extremely clean and welcoming. We found an amazing hike that was only a few minute drive from the property. It is also extremely close to the fabulous Lanikai beach. We truly fell in love with this place, and it was so difficult to leave/move onto another part of the island when our time here was up. We are excited for the next time we can come to stay! On another note, Kitty was unbelievably kind, welcoming, and super helpful with everything we needed/had questions on.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, Property, and Accommodations were wonderful
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Intereste...
Pennsylvania
“Best Place to Stay in Oahu!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

I was very unsure about where to stay on our first trip to Hawaii, and am mostly familiar with hotels or B&B's where friends or relatives had stayed previously when I travel. I also rely heavily on others' reviews. So I was extensively researching places to stay on Oahu, and something kept bringing me back to Open Palms. I can't recommend it enough, I would never hesitate to stay here, or to have my friends and relatives stay here, it was such a wonderful experience and I really feel that I'm ruined for staying in other places!

There were just 2 of us, so Kitty set up the guest house for us, which has a huge deck facing the mountains and the horses are kept in a barn/pasture right in front of it. She was amazing in her communications with me ahead of time, and she sent me pictures of the inside of the guest house. First of all, the pictures were incredible, but the place is a hundred times better. It was immaculately clean, had a full kitchen where we cooked every day, a very comfortable king size bed, and a large bathroom with a full bathtub. Everything we needed was in the guest house, but if we had needed anything else, the main house is very close by and she made it clear that we were welcome to whatever else we might need, including the washer and dryer that were available. There were also boogie boards, beach chairs, plenty of towels, etc for the beach if needed.

In the mornings we sat on the deck and watched the pink clouds from the sunrise sitting on the mountains, while listening to the wildlife and drinking our coffee. We used the grill on the deck for dinners, and watched the horses play while we ate, it was so peaceful here. The location was perfect, peaceful yet a perfect launch point to go anywhere on the island, the airport was about 25 minutes away, Waikiki maybe 20 minutes, the north shore about 45 minutes, depending on traffic, and the Polynesian Cultural Center about an hour and 15 minutes away. So there was a lot to do yet we were in a place where we could be anywhere on the island we wanted to go, it's fairly centrally located. Wainmanalo Beach, about 10 minutes away, which was recommended by Kitty's granddaughter, was a beautiful beach that wasn't too crowded and the waves were calm for swimming. We also saw sea turtles swimming in the water, it was definitely my favorite beach. For the animal lovers, there is also a young Golden Retriever, Hunter, who is very friendly and completely adorable!

Mahalo a thousand times Kitty!!! I would never stay anywhere else on Oahu!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was so peaceful and comfortable, with the perfect location
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Quebec city
Reviewed September 5, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

AL.
Reviewed June 21, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers

person found this review helpful

Dubai
Reviewed March 31, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing