“and the restroom...”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I tried this restaurant last week and agree with all of the positive comments. One thing not mentioned yet is the cleanliness of the bathroom. It's a unisex one-person-at-a-time bathroom accessible from the back of the restaurant outside. It's one of the nicest cleanest public bathrooms I've ever used.

Because of the variety and tastiness of the different meals, I'd recommend sharing if you can. For example, my wife ordered fish tacos and I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. When we received our food, she gave me one of her tacos and I gave her one of the halves of my sandwich.

There are newer reviews for Sweet Home Waimanalo

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Sweet Home Wainanalo offers yoga class in an open air studio right behind the shop. Great teacher, local students, beautiful location, excellent food following!

1  Thank californiayogini
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We saw this restaurant featured on Guy Fieri's program. It is along way from anywhere but a pretty ride on H3 or Pali Highway. Thewre is no sign outside so use your GPS to tell you when you are there. The pulled pork was very tasty, great sauce and tender smoked meat. The chocolate tart (actually a pie) was fantastic. It is dark rich chocolate in a nutty graham cracker crust. One piece should do for two people.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am rating this restaurant "average" based on our opinion of both the food, location and the service. First, the food was excellent. My son had the "best brisket sandwich" he's ever tasted, my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the fish tacos (very fresh tasting) and my husband relished the pork. The cole slaw was delicious and the corn bread was succulent. The hibiscus iced tea was a different and refreshing drink.

My family enjoyed our lunch, eaten at a picnic table by the side of the road. There is nowhere to eat inside the "restaurant" and I use that term loosely because the place looks like a converted gas station. It is difficult to find because you will drive past it at least twice; it is that inconspicuous. There is no dining ambience to speak of; there were several patrons who had to eat in their cars because there are only a few picnic tables for diners and the place does a busy lunch business.

Customers go into the building and order their food and then seek seating outdoors. When your name is called you go to a small trailer attached to the building where your food is handed to you through a window. This is where we experienced surly staff who treated us quite poorly. My family of 5 had a $90 lunch tab; we ordered the brisket sandwich, three fish tacos, two orders of coleslaw, cornbread and drinks. After carrying all the plates back to the picnic table we realized we were short an order of coleslaw. When my husband went back to the trailer window to request it, he was treated quite rudely. We eventually did get our second order of coleslaw but not before the experience left a bad taste in our mouths.

I'm not sure I can recommend this restaurant because of the very poor treatment we experienced but I do want to state that the food was very good. Obviously there is talent in the kitchen at Sweet Home Waimanalo, it's just a shame that talent doesn't extend to the counter help.

5  Thank WVeranda
Reviewed August 31, 2012

If you want dinner here, you'll be out of luck. They close up at 7. The food was delicious and fresh utilizing lots of local ingredients. The salad, the tofu plate, and hibiscus lemonade were wonderful. Seating on picnic tables, nothing indoors, good for take out, but dinning in leaves a lot to be desired. Helpful and sweet cashier when I went, despite the demonization of the previous reviewer. Meat lovers and vegetarians will be happy here.