“The beach to goto on Oahu.”

Bellows Field Beach Park
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Waimanalo
Spring, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The beach to goto on Oahu.”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The most picturesque beach I've ever had the pleasure of visiting, far from the tourist traps of Wakiki and would recommend to everyone that is staying over the weekend on Oahu.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Chizinks

• Korean first
Orange County, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were told about this beach from a few people and since he's military we were able to go on base. The public side is closed during the week, open I think on Friday (at noon maybe?) through Sunday. I can only speak to the base side, although from what we saw of the public side it's about the same beauty-wise. There was plenty of parking, bathrooms with shower stalls, a shopette that's pretty well stocked, gas station, washers and dryers outside the shopette, a Subway and a place to rent stuff. There's also camping and cabins and a few condos. It's wonderful for families. The sand is soft, the water gorgeous and there are waves but not too crazy. Good for boogie boards. It was one of our favorite places on Oahu and I wish we had gone sooner in our trip and multiple times. We stayed in Waikiki and drove the coastal route instead of cutting across and it didn't take too long, we stopped a few times so I can't give a time frame but I would say maybe 35 minutes? 40? Totally worth it and if you're military you're lucky with what's offered and if you're not you still need to go on the weekend.

3 Thank M M
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Words Do No Justice”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We found this beach while exploring the island a day before we left Hawaii. Words do this beach NO justice. It is simply beautiful. I wasn't prepared to get in but I can guarantee you I will when we return. Clear water, shaded areas on the beach, and manageable waves. Love it!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank CreolePeach
Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Quiet and perfect for wave lovers”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful , quiet and tons of weddings on the beach...
Never busy, you don't need umbrella because there is shade from trees, and if you love the waves , perfect beach.

1 Thank SasaMil
USA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Quiet!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

It's amazing to think that a beach on O'ahu could be considered 'quiet', but this is definitely true for Bellows Field. My wife and I made a quick stop after the recommendation from a local, and we're glad we did! If you're lucky, you'll have long sections of the beach to yourself and can relax away from the business of Waikiki. Don't miss this place!