“wow. nice.”

Bellows Field Beach Park
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Waimanalo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

lovely beach. don't miss it even though it's a bit hard to find. is this 50 characters yet? I guess not. now?

1  Thank millbrookmtn

Reviewed November 19, 2012

On my very first day in Hawaii my son and his wife took me and my husband to Bellows Beach Park. The Air Force opens the beach to the public only on the weekends but as my daughter in law is in the service we were able to visit midweek. We hadn’t brought our bathing suits with us because we had only intended a drive to see some of the island. First lesson – in Hawaii always bring your bathing suit just in case!
After walking in the softest sand I have ever walked in and getting our feet wet in the clear warm ocean water, we could not wait to come back. My son and his wife (stationed at Ft Shafter) have two boys, 6 and 7 years old. They come to Bellows frequently and feel it is the best beach for a family.
There is a somewhat wooded area with plenty of shade where you can picnic and then step right down to the sand and beach. My son brings his own grill – one caution, this is a military base and there are some rules, one of which is don’t leave a hot grill unattended!
There are bathrooms, showers and outdoor spigots to wash the sand off your feet or whatever. We came back again on the weekend and though there were more people than midweek, there was still a feeling of plenty of privacy.

5  Thank Sharrie B
Reviewed November 7, 2012

seems nice didnt stay too long but has facilities that can b an advantage like bathrooms , picnic area etc

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well if you are a first time visitor and not a very strong swimmer this the place to go.You can have so much fun in the small waves without getting killed.Bring a boogie board and go crazy you won't get out of the water.Also excellent foe a nice walk.

1  Thank James V
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Air Force opens up its beach to the public on the weekends... unless there are training exercises. Large sand fronting with tree shaded edge for picnics. Lots of space- many local families but still room for privacy