“VERY RELAXING”

Bellows Field Beach Park
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Waimanalo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It's the most beautiful beach I've seen. Awesome location for photoshoot! You'll enjoy bellows more than the other beaches in Hawaii for sure!

All reviews
"military section"
"lifeguard stand"
"body surfing"
in 8 reviews
"best beach on the island"
"waimanalo beach"
in 5 reviews
"high tide"
"hawaiian islands"

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Gentle waves, lifeguards, no strong undertow or riptides, bath water temperature, equipment rental. Incredible stretch of sandy scenic beach, semi-private.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The military allows the public at this beach park after 12 noon. We spent a couple of hours here. No lifeguards but a long beautiful white sand beach with restrooms. Waves can be rough. But very pretty and was not crowded when we were there like some other east shore beaches. Bring the sunscreen!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Parking was a bit challenging but we didn't care, we were so excited to be there as it was one of the most beautiful beaches in the world I have visited. Absolutely loved it!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I can only comment on this as a military member with military access. I went here three times, all on the weekdays when the majority of the beach was closed due to RIMPAC except for the shore past the gate. This was the most isolated beach I went to during my 2 week vacation. Before the gate there was only 1 or 2 other couples within a kilometer to my left and no one for miles to my right. The shore is nothing but sand, no coral or reefs, the waves were very small, not enough for anything beyond boogie boarding or body surfing. It's a better idea to come here before the sun makes its way down as the trees will block the sun and cool the area down a bit. Also, since it's on the windward side, you get quite a breeze. Can be a little chilly, but then again, I'm below 10% body fat so I was shaking at times! Regardless, this is one of the top beaches IMO.