“Ono Steaks and Shrimp Shack”

Ono Steaks Lunchwagon
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Waimanalo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: We just toured Oahu on a shoe string/found great values & in Hawaii there are great values eating out of neat lunchwagons...not to mention the views...I have Pictures & items & prices of their menu along with cute pictures of owners serving & the lunchwagon itself This is Polynesian Hawaiian cooking at it's best....Great Food & Great Value...Will be happy to send you pics. Thank you, dj
Victorville, California
“Ono Steaks and Shrimp Shack”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I had been to the Halona Blowhole and we were hungry. So we drove up to Waimanalo to find this place to eat at. It's tucked up on Oluolu Street right off the Kalanianole Hwy. We found the place clean and with very friendly staff. It's an old restaurant building but charming. We ordered garlic shrimp, coconut shrimp, steak, tender and flavorful, garlic fries, too dry but tasty and a fish taco, very delcious just too much sauce . I had a POG (passion fruit, orange and guava fruit punch), my husband had a Sprite. First, both types of shrimp were cooked to perfection. I really like coconut shrimp and Ono's is the best I have ever eaten! I wonder if they lightly toast their coconut first? I'll have to ask next time we go back on our next visit. We both ordered our meals with their potato and mac salad which needed a little more salt and pepper, and the standard sticky rice. Their version of garlic shrimp and fries, is they toast the garlic to a nice golden brown without being bitter. The garlic shrimp is sauteed in the shell and give an added depth of flavor which I like. The down side is that you need to peel your shrimp, luckily not so for the coconut shrimp! All in all, we really liked the food and atmosphere. It's worth stopping there for a satisfying lunch and the value for what you get is spot on.

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Mooresville, NC
“Ono's Lunchwagon-Waimanalo”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I ate at Ono's twice during our recent vacation on Oahu. One day after enjoying a day at Bellow's beach, we stopped for dinner. I had the garlic shrimp and my wife had the coconut shrimp. Both were excellent, and the portions were hearty. A few days later we stopped for lunch and tried the fish tacos. They were the best fish tacos I have had. I strongly recommend stopping at Ono's if you are on the windward side of Oahu.

• Visited January 2014
“Excellent lunch!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Delicious fish tacos and butterfly shrimp. Once again proving the best meals don't always come from fancy restaurants.

• Visited December 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Where the locals eat!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were on our way to our rental after hiking the Makapu‘u Point trail and we stopped to grab a bite at One Steaks Lunchwagon. I had garlic ahiand it was delicious and inexpensive! The garlic sauce was sooo good! An authentic hawaiian experience, not to be missed!

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Yum! ”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Best fish tacos we had in Hawaii! Was very tempted to drive back again the next day just to get more!