“Literally perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimanalo
Waimanalo Beach Cottages
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

reviewing this place will not do it justice. I spent a few months researching nice places in oahu, and this was just perfect. It started with Andrea. She was so helpful and showed me the true aloha spirit. I probably asked her 20 questions over the course of 6 months (including quite a few while we were there) and she was very warm and prompt to respond.
We stayed in cottage 1.. The beach view near the bed is amazing!!! We fell asleep to the waves every night. The cabin was very clean. It's not very big (look at pictures of room on their web page) but its big enough to relax and watch TV and make/ eat food. There is a patio set up surrounded by flowers right in front of the cabin. The cabins are surrounded by a fence and we had no problems parking. I also read alot of reviews saying to request a/c if are heat/cold sensitive. Cabin 1 has a/c and that's the 2nd reason why I chose cabin 1
(First was beach view!) I'm incredibly heat sensitive and can't fall asleep unless its cool. Well turns out we didn't turn on a/c one night we were there! I was in shock how cool it gets next to the beach. I only needed the a/c once. It got to about 92 one afternoon (not normal there) and I had to turn it on when I was getting ready to go out for dinner. You are literally seconds from an almost empty beach (that's stunning!!), and there are 3 good restaurants of walking distance. You really feel like you are in "real hawaii". If you need to do shopping you can go to kailua.. Which is alot more quiet than waikiki. The owner, tommy, is also very friendly. But like Tommy told me, these cottages aren't for everyone.
And he is right, if you are used to the NYC, LA, and Chicago cities (and traffic), and don't like cute geckos running around.. Then stay in waikiki. For everyone else, come here.
I already miss our cottage and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Jacki_Byron
There are newer reviews for Waimanalo Beach Cottages

Reviewed January 27, 2014

If you are looking for something in Oahu that is out of the hustle and bustle of the Waikiki strip, this is the ideal spot. We found it online, and were referred by a wedding planner, so didn't know for sure what to expect. The property is lovely, with very clean and homey cottages surrounding a lovely tropical courtyard. Right outside the front gate is a 25 foot walkway to the ocean. This beach is amazing. We went out for a sunrise walk every day of our stay, and encountered the same few local residents out walking their dogs or having a morning coffee. Even in the afternoons, the beach was quiet and secluded and absolutely beautiful. Waimanalo offers a couple of drive-in restaurants with good food, a couple of markets, and a lovely specialty coffee shop right up the block from the cottages. The cottage we had was perfect, with kitchen so that we could stay out of the restaurants if we wanted. Big beautiful windows on all sides, with a lovely sea breeze and the sound of the ocean all night. Realize that you are located in a residential area, so with open windows, you will hear the Hawaiian alarm clock (roosters), and activities of the locals in the mornings of course. The staff were friendly and very helpful, suggesting sights and restaurants, and really seemed to want to make sure our stay was excellent. We had some travel difficulties with delayed flights, and they went above and beyond to help accommodate our changing itinerary. Overall a wonderful experience. You'll need a rental car, and will be positioned an easy 10 to 15 min drive from Kailua with larger grocery stores and restaurants, and about 30 min from Waikiki. The perfect spot to drive the east coast up to the north shore. Just beautiful. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Alix H
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and stayed for a week in cottage #3. Location is absolutely perfect. Beach just steps away in one direction and Ono's steak house (try the coconut shrimp) just steps away in the other direction. 40 minutes from Honolulu. I don't think I ever saw more than 6 people on the mile long beach the whole week. The cottages let you use their boogie boards. Good swimming area. Saw a turtle right close to the beach.
Also close to Kailua - an equally lovely town. A bit bigger with all the shopping you could ever want.
The cottage was just right for 2 people, the property is lovely with a bbq area and places to sit and enjoy the weather. The deck was handy for drying cloths, but was not that great for hanging out on as it looks at a hedge.
The only other thing that would have been nice would have been a couple of beach towels. We wound up buying some and leaving one as it was to bulky to fit in the suitcase.

Room Tip: Our unit had A/C but some units don't. If you want it ask for it when you book.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank larpnwt
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I enjoyed staying at Waimanalo Beach Cottages because they were relaxing, near HPU and felt like home. All the amenities were provided, just brought swim suit and food. Steps from a very nice beach, no noise, just serene views. Next time I will stay through a Sunday so I can visit the nearby Polo Grounds. Owned by native Hawaiian family- Mahalo!

Room Tip: If you need air conditioning, request when you make your reservations.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank fashionistalisa10
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for freshman check-in at HPU. Close to windward campus. Beds/sheets/ towels nice. Dishes/pots just what we needed. Walking distance to Bobby's Market, if they don't have it, you don't need it. Tommy, great job. Congratulations. Thank you. See you again soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Onewest
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at the Beach Cottages with my partner last year for a relatives wedding in June 2012. We stayed here for 7 nights with most of the family booking out the whole complex. The cottages were perfect and all of the cottages had the special touches. We had an extra large living area space and separate bedroom area. It was within walking distance of crystal blue beaches and far enough for a nice chilled vacation. We hired a rental car which made it easy to get around. Greg was very welcoming and really made you feel at home. Would definitely come back, however only criticism is, it was a tad pricey for a cottage. If you are going as a couple than its great but if you are going as a large group and don't mind the company, you're probably better off hiring a house. Although, I can say we enjoyed the private time we had at the Waimanalo Beach Cottages.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Irene S
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My fiance and I wanted to take a babymoon and just relax before all the hustle and bustle of a newborn. After looking at vacation rentals on Oahu, I settled on this one as it was off the beaten path and seemed tranquil. Boy was I right!
I had been in cotact witht he owner Andrea via email on several occasions prior to arriving. I had many questions and a few requests. All were met with a quick response and an Aloha. She was very helpful in providing information and also provided us with beach chairs and a cooler for our stay. I was even able to have a package of Sherri's Berrie's delivered there for my fiance's birthday.
The cottage was easy to get to from the airport and very close to many eateries and stores. We shopped at a Safeway in Kailua after we arrived and picked up everything we wanted for the week. The kitchen in the cottage is very well equipped with dinnerware, pans, toaster, blender, rice cooker, coffee maker. My only suggestion would be to take your own foil as there is no pan for the oven (I made pizza) and sandwich bags for snacks and such. Paper towels, dish soap, and salt and pepper were there at the cottage. I brought my own sponge to wash dishes also. The fridge is full sized and I was able to stock it well with a weeks worth of groceries.
We rented Cottage #1 and were not disapointed. From the window next to the bed, you can see the ocean and I spent many mornings reading while the sun came up. Very peaceful. We also left the window cracked at night and the sounds of the waves was very nice. I miss that!
From the cottage you walk out to the parking lot and a walk past the house next to the cottages and the walkway to the beach is right there. Once you see the beach and the solitude of it, you will not regret renting here. We spent several days just lounging on the beach in our chairs, on the sand and playing in the surf while listening to music. On any given day I say the most people I saw walk by us was possibly 2-3. We were never accompanied by anyone on the beach which made it even more perfect.
The town of Waimanalo was close enough for us to do the touristy thing if you want and don't mind driving about 30-45 mins. I highly recommend renting a car, that way you are not worried about time frames, etc. We went to the Arizona Memorial one day and the Dole Plantation/Sunset beach the next. We visited bakeries along the way and were always treated well. Kailua is just up the highway from the cottage and access to go watch a movie, grab a bite to eat, or window shop was simple. If you have the Yelp app it helps too. We were able to find hole in the wall eateries which were relatively inexpensive and delicious.
If you are staying on Oahu, I would recommend staying here. It is a far cry from the over-populated, somewhat dirty, hustle and bustle of Waikiki/Honolulu. If you don't mind driving, making your own pace around the island and being a bit adventurous, then this place is perfect.

Room Tip: Cottage #1 is the only studio/1 bedroom with a view of the ocean. The second story rental has a pat...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lilone7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimanalo
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#6 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Waimanalo Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!