Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Waimanalo
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
Hilton Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Ilima Hotel(Honolulu)
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshanauma bayshort drivenorth shoreour night staymade us feel at hometropical birdsturquoise waterkoko craterexploring the islandwe loved our staythe big islandsweet hawaiianrestaurants in walking distancethought of everythingboogie boardingbeautiful areasoft sand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The first few nights we stayed in Waikiki but as soon as we arrive at Hale 'Nalo we wished we had stayed the entire time here. The rooms are really great. The yard of the house was beautiful. I stayed in the garden room which was a great size for our trip. The little kitchen helped cut down on food costs, although once I tried the local restaurants I only wanted to eat there. That said, the local joints can and do shut down a bit early (at least for me it seemed early). Follow Herlinda's advice on where to eat and you won't be sorry.

The beach access is fantastic. Boogie boarding is good but even better waves are North just a few minutes near the life guard hut at Waimanalo Bay Beach Park.

So this isn't a fancy pants hotel, it's someone's house, but the rooms really feel clean and the whole experience was super nice. I'm not much of a B&B guy but this place had none of that vibe. You have privacy if you want it, or a super nice host who's willing to chat if that's your thing. I wouldn't have traded staying here for anything else on Oahu. I'm getting tingly just remembering it. Our host really made us feel welcome. Given the location, being slightly adventurous and staying here rather than a hotel will reward you with many wonderful memories and experiences.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Neilson E
HaleNalo, Owner at Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

You two were so much fun to have here. I'll never forget you and still have the very unique business card. Please come again, we're only a short hop skip away. Aloha.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

An outstanding place to stay if you are looking for a quite secluded retreat on oahu.
I have been there three times and each stay has exceed my expectations.
The other reviews are acurate - this is not the glitzy high rise vacation rental . This is the quite place for adults to quitely chill in a residential neighborhood away from the hotels and craziness that is waikiki. It is very close to the best beach on the island!
herlinda is a wonderful hostess who really makes this place very special.
I have really appreciated the emphasis she has placed on keeping this an adult quiet zone- the rooms are spotless and well stocked with all that you need - the zen room is amazing but the garden rooms are also great if you are on a budget

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our 1st visit to Hale Nalo was in June 2010. Our 2nd visit was this past April 2013. From the moment we left from our 1st visit we could not stop talking about this place! Hale Nalo feels like home. Our Hostess Herlinda, is so welcoming she treats my husband and I like ohana (family). The grounds are beautiful, a wonderful backyard to relax, clean and equiped with a BBQ and beach necessities are all provided. The rooms are clean, airy with vaulted ceilings, quiet and basic necessities are again provided. No shortage of privacy. Safe area.

Waimanalo Beach is literally steps away! I saw my first honu (turtle) swimming in the ocean here! There are plenty of eateries in the area as well. And only 10 minutes away from Kailua. Herlinda does provide a wonderful directory to local business.

If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki and Honolulu - this is the place to do it! There is no place like Hale Nalo and NOTHING can compare - it is truly paradise. Simply one of the best that Hawaii has to offer. We can not wait to go back for our 3rd visit! Thank you again Herlinda and Sophie!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I were long overdue for a vacation and were lucky enough to find Hale 'Nalo! We had reserved a garden room, and they were both very nice - however, the Zen treehouse was open and we decided to upgrade and were thrilled we did. What an awesome suite - roomy, cozy, great bathroom, two decks, walk in shower and an amazingly comfortable bed. It was just the R&R we were looking for, and it was SO close to the beach - one of my favorites for body surfing. Sunrises were beautiful out the bedroom window. The yard was perfect for practicing Yoga. And, Sophie, Herlinda's dog, just might be the sweetest dog ever!!

Herlinda was a wonderful hostess - stayed out of the way and was quiet as a mouse. However, we wanted to chat and hear about her world travels - so we arranged that and it was wonderful. Fascinating, friendly lady! I read the reviews before we booked, and thought they might be too good to be true....but in fact, they are true! This place is wonderful. I'm going back....maybe I will see you there?!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

If you are looking for a glitzy vacation in a hi-rise hotel with service staff available for every desire, this place is not for you. If you are looking for a location "at the center of it all," this place is not for you. If you are looking for a Disney-esque vacation spot to bring your kids, this place is not for you.

I didn't want any of that. I wanted privacy, a taste of the real Hawaiian lifestyle, and a well-appointed, quiet room away from the bustle of the city where I could work, study, and enjoy a few days off. I got all that and more in my 4 nights at Hale Nalo.

I can't express my satisfaction adequately in a review. Herlinda greeted me at the gate and gave me the briefest introduction to the room - perfect since I'd just flown 8 hours and wasn't at my best. The sign of a great innkeeper is knowing when to leave you alone.

Authentic Hawaiian food may be found at Sweet Home Waimanalo and L&L Barbeque, and many other establishments. I don't think anywhere in Waikiki is remotely similar. This is what Hawai'i should be.

I didn't use it even once, but there is a TV with cable service and a DVD player. The room includes a full kitchen, which I did use frequently (read the instructions for the induction hotplate - it really works well!), and the most comfortable bed - I haven't slept so well in years. I was impressed with Herlinda's commitment to the environment - hybrid car, solar panels, instructions for recycling, and natural products throughout.

I didn't take any time off work to come here, so I was up at 3AM the first two mornings, working until 11AM. The Wi-fi was flawless and fast. After that, a little lunch and I was off to my scuba diving sessions to prepare for my Open Water certification. If you've done it, you know how much studying is involved. Hale Nalo was the perfect setting for that - birds, breeze, no interruptions.

I am giving Hale Nalo 5 stars in every category. I don't do this lightly, but I feel Herlinda has earned this and I hope you will decide to book at Hale Nalo and experience it for yourself.

Room Tip: I would recommend The Zen Treehouse.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo