“Need a Bible verse you'll find plenty here.”
Review of Keneke's

Keneke's
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Waimanalo
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family ate here after our hike up to Makapu'u Lighthouse. It was awesome to see an establishment who is not afraid to show their Christian side. There are plenty of Bible verses written on the walls and tables. The food was very good and the portions were big. I look forward to going back when we visit again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wow this place is CLEAN! I had the garlic shrimp and it was tasty! The portions are huge! The prices are fantastic!Don't miss the little goats in the back!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you make the time to break away from Waikiki and drive up to Waimanalo, you owe it to yourself to stop by Keneke's for food. You can't miss the white and red checked facade of the building and it's right off the Kalanianaole highway. The plate lunches are delicious and huge, if you aren't a big eater then one will go a long way even between two people. I have personally eaten the kalua pig, pork adobo and kalbi short ribs plate lunches and they are just what you need when you're hungry.

Sure the food isn't low calorie, and it's not low fat, but it is amazing comfort food and if you avoided everything with fat and high calories then your culinary experience would surely be lacking in some ways. The prices are very fair, and the service I have had whilst a customer has always been friendly and they have always shown my family and I aloha.

Apart from the plate lunches, they sell many other standards such as burgers, with the Teriyaki burger being especially delicious. Keneke's also sells genuine shave ice, you can see them shaving a huge block of ice for you when you order one, and they have so many flavours to chose from, even li hing mui! We always get food from Keneke's when we are near Waimanalo and our drinks from the 7-Eleven which is right next to it.

There is outdoor seating but with Waimanalo beach being literally a 5 minute walk from the restaurant, you couldn't ask for a better view. I will always go to Keneke's with my family when we are in the mood for plate lunches or shave ice, they are a fantastic break from the cookie-cutter franchise restaurants that seem to be everywhere, plus you get to support a local business! You can get there by car or you can take The Bus from Honolulu and the surrounding area.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Recommended by a local resident for plate lunch. Large selection, prices are cheaper than other locales. Food was just ok,. My garlic shrimp plate was loaded with garlic but my guest's fried chicken was still cold/frozen in the middle. The outdoor seating area is functional but unattractive - unless you enjoy religious sayings everywhere and pigeons walking on nearby tables.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I read up on the places in Waimanalo because we were staying there for part of our trip. Keneke's is decent fare. I think for the price, the portions are pretty big. I got a plate lunch with Kahlua pork. It was decent, but if I were to go back I'd get a mixed plate for the extra cash and have some variety. My husband wasn't that impressed, but my sister-in-law loved it. Overall, if you're at the beach in Waimanalo it is a good place to stop and pick up lunch. If you like macaroni salad, try theirs. Hawaiin macaroni salad is a little different than on the main land, but I really liked it.