“So much sushi!”
Review of Sun Sushi

Sun Sushi
Ranked #16 of 56 Restaurants in Waianae
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I don't eat sushi but my husband does and when I was looking at reviews for restaurants close to where were staying, I found Sun Sushi and decided he needed to try it. We knew all about the language barrier and apparently there was one between my husband and I as well. I thought he may like this or that, but he walked out with a platter of about 43 pieces for $27 ALL FOR HIMSELF! He has enough for 4 days and he LOVED it, says it's the best he's ever had! So, go try it!!

1  Thank Lynnpalmcoast

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

When I was living in Wahiawa...I was a coach for a Waianae soccer team...after practice I couldn't wait to get me some of the spam musibi and miso soup...excellent...you got to try it out...

Reviewed May 10, 2014

My fiance and I recently returned from a trip to Oahu and stayed in Makaha for a portion of our stay and wanted to find some sushi. Upon exploring our options of places to try, we decided to try this place because of all the good reviews we found. This place is very tiny and won't overwhelm you with aesthetics but do not let that deter you from the sushi. We ordered multiple sushi rolls to-go and the owner whipped them up fresh in back. We very much enjoyed it and it was a bonus getting to support a local small business. We would recommend giving this place a try.

1  Thank MNVikings2011
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This has got to be one of the best, most reasonably priced take out sushi restaurants any where. We went to the place to order for take out because we know every Sushi restaurant is different. There was a great selection to choose from. We got enough food for six people with a variety of plates. We even got a Spam roll for fun. We got extra eel because many in our party love that dish. Everyone was very pleased. We finished everything even though one of our party was not able to join. There is no doubt we will be going back and probably frequently. This is the kind of well-run, economical, high quality establishment that we all want to see succeed.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband loves sushi and this little place did not disappoint. The owner does not speak much English so It's best to place your order in person. This way you can point to the picture! We ordered ahead by calling and judging by the phone call we weren't quite sure if we were going to get what we ordered. But we did! 6 temaki rolls for under $10, ingredients are fresh and each order is individual.

1  Thank Lazaru