“I'll miss it here.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waianae
Makaha Valley Towers
Pearl City, Hawaii
“I'll miss it here.”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We didn't actually come here for a vacation but everyone who stayed with Lee Ellis on vacation seemed to really like it. She is our landlord and she's awesome. We lived here for what...goodness, 9 months now? We're leaving soon because its so far away from where my fiance works. The staff rocks. They clean the air conditioners once monthly, scared the crap outta me one day, I was sleeping. :) The security takes their job seriously which is rare on island. I've NEVER seen anyone have issues with vehical vandalism or break ins. It is such an excelent place to be. I wish we could stay, or I guess take the building with us to Pearl City and just plop it down somewhere. The BBQ area is REALLY nice, apparently the grills are actually quite new. Just over a year old now? They are really clean, I think they must wipe them down and clean out the insides nightly or something, I accidentally dropped a piece of zuchinni through the grid once, its gone now. The pool is a bit chilly since the sun only hits it directly or an hour or so, then also the mountains make it pretty cloudy sometimes. OVER ALL, I would say if I were on vacation on this island I would reccomend MVT to friends when I got home. Just remember to cross the parking lots to smoke. I forget sometimes and security is always really kind when they remind me, when other people in different places will just give you tickets. I've never met a resident who's rude, also a plus. Thank you so much Lee!
P.S. If you do get Lee's property once we go, she really does have EVERYTHING stockpiled for you. Towels, sheets, a closet full of stuff (including a pack and play), flatware, just everything in the kitchen. The whole time we've been here we bought NOTHING for the kitchen. Just so you know. Thanks everyone!
P.P.S. The peacocks get a lil noisy in the middle of the night. So if you're a light sleeper you may want to move some white noise, like a fan into the bedroom.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Carsond17

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We too rented from a great lady Lee Ellis. This is our second time returning and we love the location. We couldn't have asked for better accommodations. The kitchen was stocked with staples, the rooms spotless, and the building very secure. There is also a wonderful pool with a barbequing area. They do have a strict rules but I think this is why they place is so well maintained. Most of our grocery shopping was done in the area and big ticket items were purchased at Costco. The beach down the road (Makaha Beach) is one of the greatest beaches because it’s not crowded with a bunch of tourists. I would recommend renting a car and touring all the different attractions the island has to offer. Do keep in mind also that you could be stuck in rush hour traffic (and or accidents) up to a couple of hours when coming back from Honolulu. Like most places when traveling do not leave valuables in the vehicle. I wouldn’t recommend this location if you were looking for night life adventures. We spent another 10 days at the Towers and could have spent a hundred more.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank RocknRoni
Ontario
Reviewed March 25, 2007

When you are looking for a place at Makaha Valley Towers it's best to shop around on the internet to get the get the best price. Just type in the name. Staying for a month can also be cheaper. Condos are a better deal then Hotels. This Condo has BBQ's ,Picnic Table, Pool, Washer & Dryers, Lanai's a Garbage shoot, Elevator and Stairs. A really nice View and Breeze from the Balcony. Surrounded by Beautiful Mountains and Wild Peacocks with a Golf Course next door. Only a mile from the Famous Makaha Beach. This place is away from the noise and prices of Waikiki and Honolulu. It's get to visit the city but do you want to live there on your Vacation. Please feel free to Contacted me if you have any question.

• Liked — View,Location,Pool, Laundry, Garbage Shoot.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed January 2003
    • Check in / front desk
10 Thank OntarioTraveller24
Reviewed April 11, 2006

This is our second '4-week' stay at the Towers. We stayed 4 years ago.
We love the Towers. It is off the beaten track (30 miles from Honolulu but about 15 miles to Kapolei ... we were told Kapolei is Oahu's second city).
We love the Peafowl (very distressing there were previous actions to get rid of them). If you are a light sleeper, the noise they make may bother you.
We enjoy the pool (swimming and loungers) and the BBQs.
The Makaha Golf course (on the north side) is very good and the price reasonable as well as good reasonably priced meals.
The staff are very friendly. We feel very safe as there is 24 hour security. The laundry facilities are available 24 hours per day/365 days per year.
We are from western Canada and yes, we will probably return.

Stayed March 2006
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 2, 2006

We stayed for a month & were so grateful we had chosen the towers. We rented from a wonderful lady, Lee Ellis, who had everything stocked in her unit that you can imagine. We enjoyed being away from Honolulu/Waikiki & drove in when we wanted to. As far as danger....we saw tents everywhere we went...No, So, E & W sides of island. The towers has 24 hr security & we always felt safe. The people of Waianae are friendly & helpful, always smiling & greeting you. The beaches nearby are the best ! The lagoons at Ko'olina are fantastic !! Waianae is the best kept secret.....I guess not anymore !! You get what you give !!

• Stayed February 2006
26 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Reviewed January 3, 2005

In November my husband and I stayed at the Makaha Towers. My husband was visiting for the first time. I tried to find a rental that was a distance from Honolulu. Our condo was very nice, all the conforts of home. We were there to visit my cousins and celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

Having no idea of how far it would be from Honolulu, I booked us into a condo at the Makaha Towers. It was in the country, 30 minutes to and from Honolulu. Driving on Oahu was a challenge, but just being there, smelling the sea air, looking out at the miles of ocean, and especially seeing my family made it all worthwhile.We were there to visit my cousins and take things easy.

I am an avid swimmer and try to swim at least 3-4 times a week, or more if I can. Due to car accidents I have to use both swim fins and a kickboard. The pool was fantastic. It was tiled and a beautiful lapis color with a logo in the middle. It was so nice to swim and look up into the sky and see palm trees. Very relaxing. This was paradise. I had planned on swimming at least once a day if possible. I thought I could swim in the eveings and relax when we returned from visits with my family.

However the 2nd time I was in the pool the security politely let me know I should speak with the office as swim fins were not allowed in the pool. When I addressed this subject at the office, I was told I could not use my fins in the pool. They asked me to furnish a written doctors note for proof that I needed to use swim fins. My word was not good enough.

I had no idea I would need a Doctors note on a vacation, or that these rules existed. This situation really ruined my enjoyment at staying at the Towers. I was told if I did not like the rules, I could speak at their upcoming board meeting which would be held in 2 months or so.
I was there for 9 nights.

We will not stay there again.

The local people were very sweet and I found wonderful prices when I looked for very large sized muumuus for my mother. I enjoyed shopping in stores off the beaten path of tourists. I love Oahu and this was my 4th trip. I am looking forward to going again this year.

39 Thank turquois20
Reviewed September 9, 2004

We just returned from a week's stay at Makaha Valley Towers on the Leeward side of Oahu. This is a wonderfully maintained complex off the beaten tourist path yet close enough to Honolulu for those seeking action. Makaha Valley is just beyond the town of Waianae which is home to many of the working class "locals" whom we found to be very friendly, down home Hawaiians.

The Towers is tucked away in a cul de sac of a magnificent mountain range with unbelievable sweeping views of this sparsely inhabited valley leading out to endless miles of ocean over which hang the most beautiful fluffy white clouds set against a backdrop of baby blue sky... Oh, I could go on and on. It is also not even a mile from the pristine Makaha Beach where you can surf, swim, boogie board or just plain relax. If you ever get the chance to go to Oahu, keep the Towers and this lovely valley in mind!

66 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waianae
Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
Courtyard by Marriott Oahu North Shore
Hampton Inn & Suites Oahu/Kapolei
Turtle Bay Resort
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii

Been to Makaha Valley Towers? Share your experiences!