“"Spinning" with joy!”

Wild Side Specialty Tours
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Waianae
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: #1 Best whale watching, swimming with dolphins and snorkeling tour on Oahu, and deemed one of the top 5 whale-watching tours in America! Bucket-list marine wildlife encounters since 1996. More than just seeing amazing and indigenous creatures, deep connections and a true sense of place are gained. Six to ten passenger charters (two boats) with published marine-biologist, guest adventures are maximized to blend with wildlife conservation. Whale watching and swimming with wild dolphins year-round, charters include guided snorkeling tours over sea turtle reefs on Oahu's wild west side. Awarded Hawaii Ecotourism Associations' Sustainable Tourism Certificate, Wild Side is an internationally recognized marine tours company conducting environmentally responsible marine interactions. They aggressively participate in environmental protection through education and action, and promote sustainable travel and donate part of its revenue to the Wild Dolphin Foundation dedicated to marine conservation and education, regulatory reform, and research.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Simply amazing! I really can't imagine why I haven't done this sooner. Friendly, knowledgable, mellow, happy crew. They know where to go and how to go with respect and aloha. I'm absolutely sure I will return and return to them. One of their starwatching cruises is on my next to try. Can't wait. Mahalo nui loa for an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm a cheapskate, and I had my doubts about paying $175 per person for a snorkeling adventure. I'm so glad I did. My teenage daughter and I shared a catamaran with nine other guests and a crew of two. The boat is approved to hold up to 40, but Capt. Armin prefers small groups for an optimal experience. It was just that.
We got to chat with Armin about the island and the animals. He was professional, knowledgeable and personable. Elizabeth, our instructor and in-water guide, gave us an excellent overview of the animals, their habitats, how to snorkel with them, etc. She was attentive to the individual needs of each person on the boat and in the water.
And...we got to swim with a pod of dolphins (it helps to be a good swimmer) and leisurely snorkel with sea turtles and colorful fish. It was an incredible experience that was enhanced by the small number of participants and talent of the crew.
Mahalo, Armin and Elizabeth.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Best of the West tour is a must do while you're in Oahu. This is one of the best trips I've ever taken, snorkeling with the dolphins was amazing. I had a baby dolphin swimming right in front of my mask, as well as several other dolphins at my side. Turtle rock was fun as well, I had a turtle look right into my mask, it was so sweet. I thank captain Tori and the crew for their expertise and hospitality, they made our trip unforgettable.

1  Thank susan d
Wild_Side_Hawaii, Owner at Wild Side Specialty Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thanks Susan, we had an awesome day with you also!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

BEST OF THE WEST TOUR, what to say words cannot describe. The start of the day is a very personal greeting from the crew ( Cody, Malori and Captain Tori). Ours was a family of 6 when we started that day by the end we felt like the crew and Captain were included, so our family grew to 9. from the Captain to the crew it was a very personal experience. It was truly a pleasure to meet them and a very one on one event, fit for everyone from the novice to the expert swimmer, especially if you have children Cody and Malori never leave their side and safety is always first priority.
On to the actual experience "WOW" words cannot express the spinner Dolphin Pods, from swimming and integrating with them for a period of my life was more than just sites but a spiritual memory, that is, if you listen to the crews instructions you will be taught how to become a part of the dolphin community for a short time that will sit in the recesses of your memory for a lifetime. This truly can be a life changing expedition, it was for me and mine. Unforgettable and unforgivable not to use" BEST OF THE WEST TOURS", to go with a larger group on a more commercial boat where the boat holds 50-75 people you will miss out on a truly delightful crew and family experience. Up close and personal with the turtles too, the crew knows right where to go for the best and safest wildlife excursion.
I cannot say enough about the first meet of the crew and Captain to the time we stepped off the boat and into the water, when lunch was served, to the turtle and reef swim to stepping off the boat .We were treated as family and felt the unbelievable respect that is shown to the wildlife and their habitat while making sure we had a wonderful time.
It is a mistake to miss this tour and you will never forgive yourself, think about it hard and you will not regret your decision to use BEST OF THE WEST TOUR.

Cliff kleszcz and family

2  Thank Clifford K

Cliff - you da best. Dueces out!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Tori and Elizabeth made this an unforgettable day. Their personal approach and expertise were very customer service friendly. They truly did everything they could to make this a great experience.
With clear explanation of the natural behavior of dolphins and turtles we knew how to join and enter their world with respect and therefore have an amazing experience! I got to swim amidst a dolphin pod for quite a while. I was surrounded by their sound and even saw a few babies (August)
It shows that with respect to the environment, as this tour is known for, you can have an even better experience, with the knowledge we're not harming oceanlife.

1  Thank MarHermans

Mar, you were so much fun, as were the Stackhouse family. It was a brilliant day, thanks for the memories!