“Eco friendly and the personal touch we had been looking for!”

Wild Side Specialty Tours
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Waianae
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: #1 Best whale watching, swimming with dolphins and snorkeling tour on Oahu, and deemed one of the top 5 whale-watching tours in America! Bucket-list marine wildlife encounters since 1996. More than just seeing amazing and indigenous creatures, deep connections and a true sense of place are gained. Six to ten passenger charters (two boats) with published marine-biologist, guest adventures are maximized to blend with wildlife conservation. Whale watching and swimming with wild dolphins year-round, charters include guided snorkeling tours over sea turtle reefs on Oahu's wild west side. Awarded Hawaii Ecotourism Associations' Sustainable Tourism Certificate, Wild Side is an internationally recognized marine tours company conducting environmentally responsible marine interactions. They aggressively participate in environmental protection through education and action, and promote sustainable travel and donate part of its revenue to the Wild Dolphin Foundation dedicated to marine conservation and education, regulatory reform, and research.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I chose this tour to get away from the large crowds, running from one side of the boat to the other...the "best of the west" tour offered a personal and eco sensitive experience. Captain Tori and first mate Ashley actually asked us what we wanted to see most and then made sure our wishes came true. We had whales literally beside our boat and listened to their wonderful songs. We all got to benefit from Tori's vast experience studying the whales - her knowledge was incredible. Swimming with the wild dolphins and the turtles was a huge highlight. We highly recommend this first class tour. Incidentally - we took the local bus from Waikiki and had no issues.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"cleaning station"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I am rarely at a loss for words and pictures really can't do the experience justice. From the small group to the incredible crew, I had an absolutely amazing experience. The dolphins were so delightful, whales were graceful and the scenes were perfect. I highly recommend this once in a lifetime experience!!!!!!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a fantastic experience! There were only 4 guests on our tour, which included swimming with dolphins, getting up close to a mama whale and her baby, and snorkeling with sea turtles and a spotted eagle ray. The staff was friendly, professional and completely dedicated to making your experience the best it can be. The highlight of our trip, for sure!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My son Tony and I took the Morning Wildlife Cruise with Wild Side Specialty Tours on Tuesday, Feb 5th. We saw several whales up close and personal.....well as up close and personal as the whales let us, napping dolphins, and schools of fish, doing what fish do......and I didn't even get in the water. Yup...believe it or not, I was too cold to get in there.

The staff are knowledgeable and friendly. It was a beautiful day on the water. I highly recommend it!