“Trail Ride on the Beach”
Review of Hawaii Polo Club

Hawaii Polo Oceanfront Horseback Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed January 7, 2014

What a great experience in an amazing setting. The rainbows and ocean views are amazing. The ride is a typical nose to tail ride, but so worth the trip. The staff is extreamly friendly and inviting. My daughter is an accomplished western and english rider, but she still enjoyed her experience and the serenitiy. You need to be aware that it is illegal to trot or canter on the beach so knowing this you will not be disappointed with your ride. We chose the advanced ride so she was able to trot and canter on the beautiful polo field. The pictures with the rainbow, ocean and mountains are breathtaking and a wonderful memory for a lifetime. I highly recommend Hawaii Polo for the experience of true Hawaiian friendliness and kindness. As I stated, my daughter is an accomplishe rider and horse trainer, these animals are taken care of and very healthy. For a peaceful day on the island with all that the northshore offers, I highly suggest going early to enjoy the towns and beaches along the way. It was a great day for 2 teens and 3 adults. Thank you Hawaii Polo for making one of my daughter's equestrian dreams come true, riding on the beach. Oh if you go in December, you will see whales on enjoying the warm ocean currents!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"beautiful beach"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and I live in the Island but never made it down for a sunset trail ride before. It was a great experience from start to finish! The people are very knowledgeable and patient with new riders. We watched a great sunset and had plenty of photo opportunity's. We found the experience a great one for visitors or locals! We plan on taking our friends from the mainland when they arrive! They even had a lovely spot for my mother in law (who uses a cane) to sit and watch the horses and the water while we went on the ride. Very accommodating and would do again!

1  Thank NSDani
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went along to the Hawaii v India match at Hawaii Polo Club. At $10 per person, a real bargain for Hawaii. Park your car anywhere you like (no charge) and set yourself up for the afternoon - some people came very prepared! Great location, with its own nice little bit of beach. The support game wasn't too exciting, but gave something to sharpen camera skills. Before the main game, there were a number of skydivers who dropped onto the centre of the field, which was good to watch.

Had never seen a proper game before, so wasn't sure what to expect. Was fast paced and great fun to watch. A very informal atmosphere too - great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

What a disappointment. They advertise riding on the beach. Not a hoof on my horse touched the beach. You get to ride along side the beach. The worst part, you are required to wear a helmet! We grew up with horses!!! They don't bother to tell you this until after you arrive and cannot cancel. Makes for a fabulous photo opp!!! Would not recommend this ride! Guides were nice but the experience stops there!

1  Thank MontegoSundance