“Fun and nice, NICE people!”
Review of Honolulu Soaring

Honolulu Soaring
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Waialua
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hawaii’s oldest and largest soaring operation, Original Glider Rides has been operating tours at Dillingham Airfield since 1970. Soaring the skies over northwest Oahu, panoramic vistas unfold as your pilot guides you in this bubble-topped aircraft. You’ll be in awe as you fly on the wings of the wind with sights and sensations you’ve never experienced before. A 20-minute flight can attain altitudes of 3,000 ft. or more. Single passengers can kick it up a notch with specialized add-on flight services like aerobatic loop-d-loops and Eagle mini-lessons.
Kapaa, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun and nice, NICE people!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was on a "recharge my batteries" trip to Honolulu and did several things on my bucket list. Gliding was one. The gentleman who picked me up was so nice, good humor, pleasant and treated me to a stop at a nearby beach since we had time before my gliding appointment.

Met the woman at check in and she was salt- of -the -earth nice. My pilot, as it turns out, is a neighbor of mine and we never knew each other till we met at the plane. It was overcast and had been raining but skies cleared enough to soar. He was not able to keep the plane up the full 30 minutes that I paid for, so landed and declared to another pilot, "that was junk ride. Can you take her up again?" He did, and we were luckier with the winds and thermals or whatever keeps us aloft. He showed me different spots than I saw earlier and we landed after 30 minutes or so. It was fantastic to feel like a bird might feel. The sights were stunning and throw in a rainbow! These folks rock. Do this!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Grapejuice49

• Korean first
Papillion, Nebraska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Freakin' awesome!!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Kids were jumping at the same airport so I took the best flight of my life next door at the other end of the runway. Saw the brochures around Hawaii and wanted to fly aerobatic. The reservation was easy, the prices were good for the thrill, the people were great and the movie of the ride was priced right, too.
Scenic views, lots of rolls, Cuban 8, climbs into stalls and roll overs..couldn't be better.
Solomon was great for putting up with all of my"yee hahs".
Next time all of the jumpers want to do it, too.

Visited March 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The best experience I ever had in many years was when I piloted a soaring glider through the skies recently. I was awarded my glider wings when I was in Maryknoll Civil Air Patrol Group. I also completed my private pilot license in 2001, which enabled me to fly dual engine small aircrafts. Flying high above the ground is not only a thrill, but a way of life for me. It brings me closer to the Creator, and allows me to glide with the wings of Angels.

Visited March 2012
yyc
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“If you're on Oahu this is a must do activity!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have travelled to Oahu 5 times but this was our first experience with glider rides. We just called ahead and made a booking for later in the day. It was about a 45 minute drive from Ko Olina where we were staying. Adults and kids were paired up and we all loved the 15-20 minute ride. It was such a peaceful, beautiful feeling to be soaring above beautiful Oahu. We felt safe and secure at all times and the pilots did a great job pointing out the sights. You may even get lucky and see a whale!

Well worth the cost!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank lsj321
Woodinville, WA
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Amazing views amazing experience”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

When on Oahu in early November with friends, we did many activities. The glider ride was definitely the highlight and most unique of all. It is very professional. I was not scared and it is not scary. The pilot is in the back seat talking to you the whole way. He gets a feel on how you are doing, You don't use headsets because there is no roar of an engine. Just peaceful, quiet gliding over the beautiful mountains and ocean below.

Visited November 2012